Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Arsenal vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
With Steel in goal and our 'brave' defending, this could be a real hiding.
Steele is ok. Don't know why people keep doing the narrative that he is a shite keeper when apart from the last minute mistake against... whatever team he later saved 3-4 penalties against in the cup... he has been doing well any time given the chance to fill in for Sanchez. Not a world class goalie by any means but there's nothing wrong with him.

I think the game will be a close one. Arsenal are fighting for the league title with a pretty thin squad and I think they'll rest just about everyone competing for a starting eleven spot, while I expect to see 5 or 6 regular starters in the Brighton team.

Arsenal got strong reserves and yoofs however so I don't think it will be easy. Players like Cedric, Holding, Elneny, Nketiah, Marquinhos, Fabio Vieira and Lokonga are decent players despite very limited game time in the PL.

Think Brighton will win it... but we'll see (except we won't, but we'll hear about the result...)

Brok

Bork. I meant Bork.
Dec 26, 2011
Steele is ok. Don't know why people keep doing the narrative that he is a shite keeper when apart from the last minute mistake against... whatever team he later saved 3-4 penalties against in the cup... he has been doing well any time given the chance to fill in for Sanchez. Not a world class goalie by any means but there's nothing wrong with him.

I think the game will be a close one. Arsenal are fighting for the league title with a pretty thin squad and I think they'll rest just about everyone competing for a starting eleven spot, while I expect to see 5 or 6 regular starters in the Brighton team.

Arsenal got strong reserves and yoofs however so I don't think it will be easy. Players like Cedric, Holding, Elneny, Nketiah, Marquinhos, Fabio Vieira and Lokonga are decent players despite very limited game time in the PL.

Think Brighton will win it... but we'll see (except we won't, but we'll hear about the result...)
Could be handy tonight.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

I remember Steele signed for us about a week after I watched Sunderland til I die, on Netflix.
He didn't come off well from the clips on that show, so I didn't have high hopes.

But he's seemed a decent back up, whenever he's turned out for us, so I have no complaints.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I remember Steele signed for us about a week after I watched Sunderland til I die, on Netflix.
He didn't come off well from the clips on that show, so I didn't have high hopes.

But he's seemed a decent back up, whenever he's turned out for us, so I have no complaints.
Yeah I think a lot of opinions about Steele comes from that show but I think you shouldn't read too much into that. Sometimes the structure of a club has positive or negative impact on everyone. I doubt Caicedo was brilliant in every game over in Germinal Beerschot... probably made plenty of mistakes - when everything else is dysfunctional it isn't easy to be functional.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Just got the 'Pre-match Brief' email from the club. Not sure they are right about when the next round is...!

Road to the final.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
2 teams of 2nd stream players.
Off to bed now and will wake in anticipation of a win.
I reckon Welbz could be a starter tonight replacing Tross and may well score his first of the season. (Hopefully 🙂)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here