Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Arsenal vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I believe 9/1 is our biggest relegation price since we arrived in the division.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
I didn't insult you, spinelessly or otherwise. I asked you whether you were a Brighton fan. You refused to answer. I asked you whether you were a Palace fan. You refused to answer. I asked you who you support. You refused to answer. I asked you why you were on this board. You refused to answer.
The first time I posted on here I received abuse - for no other reason that suggesting that some of the players Hughton signed were bad signings (specifically Ryan and Duffy) - then people were defending Hughton. It didn't take long for people to see the 'Red' in my username - jump to conclusions and start accusing me of being a Man U or a Liverpool or a Southampton supporter - this was despite the fact that I made it perfectly clear that the 'Red' had nothing to do with football (and if people read my posts on some of the non-football threads that would be pretty clear). Why - after receiving abuse should I even entertain satisfying the idle curiosity of people who hold a nasty view of me and my motives.

I have explained before why I post on this forum - and it is because I enjoy it - I like discussing what is happening with BHAFC - I like talking football - and - this is one of the few boards that has interesting discussions on non-football topics.

People assume I am a troll and I have an ulterior motive - all I have is an opinion and all I am doing is expressing it. I never said anyone had to agree with me - but people really need to get over this nonsense about me having some hidden reason for being here - there is none.

My question is now for everyone else. Why is anyone bothering to respond to someone who will not be open about why he is on a Brighton message board? He's said that he doesn't think we should have sacked Chris. We have, so his one point, however many ways he tries to repeat it, is moot and he seems to have nothing further to contribute.
I said when Hughton was sacked I thought it was a mistake - I also said that the club had a right to do it. I didn't agree with their decision and I thought their motives for doing it were wrong. I explained my reasons for this opinion and I was not the only one who held that view at the time. I was once again subject to unwarranted and unnecessary abuse for expressing an opinion - all because a few people had whipped up this nonsense that I was a troll. Since then all I have done is take people up when they post anti-Hughton nonsense. I have never started a conversation about Hughton - If some posters on here didn't feel the need to keep denigrating what the guy achieved here then I would have no reason to post any response. Even tonight an individual posted - 'who would prefer Hughtonball to Potterball now' - well the answer to that is that Potterball would in my view probably have got Brighton relegated last season with the squad that was there. But let's be clear - I have never posted any anti-Potter comments - I have raised questions about his reputation as a manager, particularly what he was supposed to have achieved in Sweden - and these are valid questions - but I have never said that he shouldn't be manager, that he will be a failure or that I want him to fail. But, more importantly - I have never posted a single anti-Brighton post on this forum - that is not who I am and really if I was a troll I would have p*ssed off a long time ago as it really is not that much fun to have to keep repeating the same stuff over and over again.

Now - for your question to everyone else - yes CH has been sacked - and whether it was justified or not is moot - I do not constantly return to the refrain that he shouldn't be sacked - people come on here and repeatedly attempt to tarnish what he did at Brighton over 4 1/2 years. I no longer argue about his sacking - I defend his record - because very few others seem willing to do so. Now - the answer to your question to others is simple - if they want me to stop defending Hughton then stop attempting to tarnish his achievements while he was at the club. If that happens then I will not regard it as necessary to post any comments on the topic.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
And back to tonight....that was emotional. What a piece of cool controlled measured victory, at the home of the invisibles. I may have made a spelling mistake there, maybe not.

Good call. Our first win at one of the big money six. Our first ever away win at Arsenal. A dominating performance with real bite and threat. So Arsenal are out of form. Some neutrals even said that they fancied us to win this after doing well at Anfield. As long time Brighton fans we know what usually follows, we come crashing down to earth. NOT THIS TIME!

That result is a massive psychological step forward. I think I spotted Liz Costa behind a couple of Pascal Gross's corners in the second half and that made me think again of the long journey and the people not here to experience this. As you say Harry: Emotional. It's nights like this that make it all worth while. Let's enjoy it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The first time I posted on here I received abuse - for no other reason that suggesting that some of the players Hughton signed were bad signings (specifically Ryan and Duffy) - then people were defending Hughton. It didn't take long for people to see the 'Red' in my username - jump to conclusions and start accusing me of being a Man U or a Liverpool or a Southampton supporter - this was despite the fact that I made it perfectly clear that the 'Red' had nothing to do with football (and if people read my posts on some of the non-football threads that would be pretty clear). Why - after receiving abuse should I even entertain satisfying the idle curiosity of people who hold a nasty view of me and my motives.

I have explained before why I post on this forum - and it is because I enjoy it - I like discussing what is happening with BHAFC - I like talking football - and - this is one of the few boards that has interesting discussions on non-football topics.

People assume I am a troll and I have an ulterior motive - all I have is an opinion and all I am doing is expressing it. I never said anyone had to agree with me - but people really need to get over this nonsense about me having some hidden reason for being here - there is none.

I said when Hughton was sacked I thought it was a mistake - I also said that the club had a right to do it. I didn't agree with their decision and I thought their motives for doing it were wrong. I explained my reasons for this opinion and I was not the only one who held that view at the time. I was once again subject to unwarranted and unnecessary abuse for expressing an opinion - all because a few people had whipped up this nonsense that I was a troll. Since then all I have done is take people up when they post a/nti-Hughton nonsense. I have never started a conversation about Hughton - If some posters on here didn't feel the need to keep denigrating what the guy achieved here then I would have no reason to post any response. Even tonight an individual posted - 'who would prefer Hughtonball to Potterball now' - well the answer to that is that Potterball would in my view probably have got Brighton relegated last season with the squad that was there. But let's be clear - I have never posted any anti-Potter comments - I have raised questions about his reputation as a manager, particularly what he was supposed to have achieved in Sweden - and these are valid questions - but I have never said that he shouldn't be manager, that he will be a failure or that I want him to fail. But, more importantly - I have never posted a single anti-Brighton post on this forum - that is not who I am and really if I was a troll I would have p*ssed off a long time ago as it really is not that much fun to have to keep repeating the same stuff over and over again.

Now - for your question to everyone else - yes CH has been sacked - and whether it was justified or not is moot - I do not constantly return to the refrain that he shouldn't be sacked - people come on here and repeatedly attempt to tarnish what he did at Brighton over 4 1/2 years. I no longer argue about his sacking - I defend his record - because very few others seem willing to do so. Now - the answer to your question to others is simple - if they want me to stop defending Hughton then stop attempting to ta/rnish his achievements while he was at the club. If that happens then I will not regard it as necessary to post any comments on the topic.

give it a rest, eh ?

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

I said when Hughton was sacked I thought it was a mistake - I also said that the club had a right to do it. I didn't agree with their decision and I thought their motives for doing it were wrong. I explained my reasons for this opinion and I was not the only one who held that view at the time. I was once again subject to unwarranted and unnecessary abuse for expressing an opinion - all because a few people had whipped up this nonsense that I was a troll. Since then all I have done is take people up when they post anti-Hughton nonsense. I have never started a conversation about Hughton - If some posters on here didn't feel the need to keep denigrating what the guy achieved here then I would have no reason to post any response. Even tonight an individual posted - 'who would prefer Hughtonball to Potterball now' - well the answer to that is that Potterball would in my view probably have got Brighton relegated last season with the squad that was there. But let's be clear - I have never posted any anti-Potter comments - I have raised questions about his reputation as a manager, particularly what he was supposed to have achieved in Sweden - and these are valid questions - but I have never said that he shouldn't be manager, that he will be a failure or that I want him to fail. But, more importantly - I have never posted a single anti-Brighton post on this forum - that is not who I am and really if I was a troll I would have p*ssed off a long time ago as it really is not that much fun to have to keep repeating the same stuff over and over again.

Now - for your question to everyone else - yes CH has been sacked - and whether it was justified or not is moot - I do not constantly return to the refrain that he shouldn't be sacked - people come on here and repeatedly attempt to tarnish what he did at Brighton over 4 1/2 years. I no longer argue about his sacking - I defend his record - because very few others seem willing to do so. Now - the answer to your question to others is simple - if they want me to stop defending Hughton then stop attempting to tarnish his achievements while he was at the club. If that happens then I will not regard it as necessary to post any comments on the topic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBRSBgc2htI

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Good call. Our first win at one of the big money six. Our first ever away win at Arsenal. A dominating performance with real bite and threat. So Arsenal are out of form. Some neutrals even said that they fancied us to win this after doing well at Anfield. As long time Brighton fans we know what usually follows, we come crashing down to earth. NOT THIS TIME!

That result is a massive psychological step forward. I think I spotted Liz Costa behind a couple of Pascal Gross's corners in the second half and that made me think again of the long journey and the people not here to experience this. As you say Harry: Emotional. It's nights like this that make it all worth while. Let's enjoy it.

Liz Costa :rock:

Like a rock. :thumbsup:

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Post match you were clearly gutted by the “lucky win”. This is Albion forum, with some others who are open about their allegiances and play the game.

Really - let me put it clearly - I am trilled to bit that Brighton won - I think they we 'lucky' but also that they were the better team and deserved it.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
From the Beeb:
"Managerless Arsenal's season plummeted to a new low as they were beaten at home by Brighton in interim manager Freddie Ljungberg's first home match in charge."

This DEFINITELY said "struggling Brighton" earlier!

Not saying it's defensible but if you are trying to put the headlines together at a few minutes' notice and you've been assigned to certain teams all season, it could be quicker to inspect our position than our overall form...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It was. Massive win tonight which had a big bearing on our odds.

Back in the fold, now? ???

You should be.

This is the best we have ever been, in every respect ever.

Enjoy it. :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Lovely stuff.

Had a "horrible" first half stuck under one of the overhanging tiers. Really annoying acoustics for me. Can't hear anything from the pitch, only people around you. You feel completely disconnected from the game.

Luckily (and I disagree with many on here who have had a different experience) I bumped into Beach Hut in the toilet who was able to guide me to where he was sitting.

Not much better than a slightly boozy pre-Christmas away win in London.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Seriously - look weak - that is a new one. If I was weak I would have pissed off months ago than put up with the constant insults -

You're not weak for putting up with things, but you seem to be continually unable to answer a simple question: Are you a Brighton fan?

We have a few non-albion fans here: Swansman (Swansea), BensGrandad (Spurs), Mr Putdown and a few other semi-decent Palace fans and we accept them - but they have the decency to be clear as to who they like.

It's not a big issue, but you just don't seem to be able to answer it.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Not saying it's defensible but if you are trying to put the headlines together at a few minutes' notice and you've been assigned to certain teams all season, it could be quicker to inspect our position than our overall form...

It would be quicker if they had a basic knowledge!

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Cheered the north bound picadiliy line up, full of very misrable Arsenal fans.

Sang them my new favorite Christmas song.

Last Christmas, I gave you my heart
But the very next day you gave it away
This year, to save me from tears
I'll give it to Davy Propper

Sang it over and over again - still singing it...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here