Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Arsenal vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Very enjoyable.Would have been perfect if Trossard had scored at the end.Maupay fully deserved the MOM award.Complements from Shearer and Pardew :mad:

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
Quick question: Does this technically make North London Blue?

"We want our celery, we want our celery" - Withdean J Block

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Enjoy. :rave:

WEB2.gif

MAU2.gif

Really good goal by Maupay.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Seriously - look weak - that is a new one. If I was weak I would have pissed off months ago than put up with the constant insults -

All I have done on here is defend a guy who did a fantastic job for the club and doesn't deserve the bile that has been and continues to be heaped on him. Most people on here show what I would consider the appropriate respect for someone who gave his all while he was here - a few are intent on tarnishing what he achieved at the club - all I have done is call them out when they have acted that way.If people stopped with the nonsense then I would not be posting responses to it.

Gutted about our “lucky win” tonight, was revealing.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Seriously - look weak - that is a new one. If I was weak I would have pissed off months ago than put up with the constant insults -

All I have done on here is defend a guy who did a fantastic job for the club and doesn't deserve the bile that has been and continues to be heaped on him. Most people on here show what I would consider the appropriate respect for someone who gave his all while he was here - a few are intent on tarnishing what he achieved at the club - all I have done is call them out when they have acted that way.If people stopped with the nonsense then I would not be posting responses to it.

You are not weak, you are just the guy who texts his ex-girlfriend for two years after it ended. Its sort of romantic and passionate, I guess. But its also the height of useless. Factors you have no power to influence has removed CH from the club and its really your choice to grief about it or to move on and be curious about the present and the future.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
You are not weak, you are just the guy who texts his ex-girlfriend for two years after it ended. Its sort of romantic and passionate, I guess. But its also the height of useless. Factors you have no power to influence has removed CH from the club and its really your choice to grief about it or to move on and be curious about the present and the future.

We won’t see him again once Chris gets a new job......

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

No you haven't.

There's barely a Brighton fan alive who doesn't realise that we owe our Premier League position to Chris Hughton. We all understand what a principled and grounded man he is. for four years he turned our club into something to be proud of. For his last six months it all fell apart. We know it, Tony Bloom certainly knew it. Whether it was not insisting on more control on recrutment or defensive tactics that eventually got found out he reached his sell by date. It happens. It is not disrespectful to say so.

He is not coming back. He has made a severence deal with Bloom. The harsh reality is the era is over.

He had his faults. Clearly the lack of promotion to the first team of the U23s is controversial with you, but look at Alzate and Connolly now. And I don't want any more of your bollocks about them being injured / loaned. That argument has been done to death.

What I want is what everyone else has asked on here. One word answer. Are you a Brighton fan? Yes/No. It would be simple for almost any other registered user on here.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
With all due respect sunshine - I have never lied about anything on this forum - refusing to answer questions to satisfy those who engage in spineless insults, is not lying.

I didn't insult you, spinelessly or otherwise. I asked you whether you were a Brighton fan. You refused to answer. I asked you whether you were a Palace fan. You refused to answer. I asked you who you support. You refused to answer. I asked you why you were on this board. You refused to answer.

My question is now for everyone else. Why is anyone bothering to respond to someone who will not be open about why he is on a Brighton message board? He's said that he doesn't think we should have sacked Chris. We have, so his one point, however many ways he tries to repeat it, is moot and he seems to have nothing further to contribute.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Like I said, it was all subtle remarks that most people could read between the lines of.
So are you going to prove where I have posted anti-Potter or anti-Brighton comments?

Tonight you’re the only person in the footballing world who has said Brighton were lucky to win, sums your agenda up.
I watched the game and I have an opinion - go back and look at the comments for the first 25/30 minutes of the second half - most people were saying Brighton were a shambles and that it wasn't looking good - I was one (and not the only one) who said a single goal wouldn't be enough and that Arsenal were 'fragile' and could be beaten. This does not take away from the fact that Arsenal had at least 4 clear-cut chances to score after they equalised and if they had I think they would have gone on and won the game. Instead - Arsenal proved to be fragile and Brighton got the business done - and deservedly so - over the 90 mins they were the better team. If Arsenal had won the game I would have held the view that they were lucky, they didn't deserve to win it and Brighton were the better team - but that does not take away from the fact that Arsenal had clear-cut chances to take the lead and potentially win the game at that point. You need a bit of luck in football and Brighton got it tonight and got what they deserved.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013

I understand your respect for CH and indeed he will always be a legend for this club. But as with Wenger, O'Neil, Curbishley etc who did great things at their clubs, there is a time to change direction.

I would suggest that you move on as well, unless you want to talk about the current Brighton club.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

you are having the diametricaly opposed effect

well played!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here