Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Arsenal vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Managerless Arsenal's season plummeted to a new low as they were beaten at home by struggling Brighton in interim manager Freddie Ljungberg's first home match in charge.

Alexandre Lacazette marked his 100th Arsenal appearance by heading his side level after Adam Webster had given the visitors a first-half lead.

With the score 1-1, there was frustration for Ljungberg and Arsenal when David Luiz thought he had scored the winner with a volley but it was correctly ruled out following a VAR check for offside.

Neal Maupay headed Brighton's winner from Aaron Mooy's cross to leave Arsenal 10th in the table - 10 points off a Champions League spot.

More to follow.

how biased is this ? this is from the BBC sports website ...

"Struggling Brighton" - we're a point behind them!

Coxovi

NSC Patron
Nov 5, 2011
Suisse
That was fantastic and well deserved. I wish Trossard had buried his chance, just for the beauty of it! :albion2:

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
What performance from the lads! So so proud! Mooy is my MotM but what a solid team effort. Individuals in Red, a team in Black is what I agree with from the commentary team.

"We want our celery, we want our celery" - Withdean J Block

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
A lucky win - despite being probably the better team - but this is a big win the context of the season.

Nothing lucky about that. Organisation, game plan, work rate, intent and a bit of quality was enough to see off Arsenal tonight.

There won't be one reporter there tonight who thinks Arsenal deserved anything out of that match.

That result has been coming, the signs were there at Anfield.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I have Spence down as a wind-up merchant. Time for him to prove me wrong - to hold his hands up and admit he got Potter completely wrong.

No - you've got it all wrong. There's going to be boos ringing down from the stands when we get thrashed at home to Spurs, and we're going to get turned over by Arsenal.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
I wouldn't say never in doubt, but we were pretty confident tonight throughout the game. More shots on target, good possession, solid at the back. Trossard is quality, can we find a way of playing him and Grosse?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Agree re Mooy. Was awesome. So calm and assured.

Motm for me, incredible work rate. Hurt them too. Alzate also coming on, Maupay lovely finish. I loved everything about that performance, so brave, constantly had 5 or more in their half, always tried to play. It truly is a playing revolution.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
A lucky win - despite being probably the better team - but this is a big win the context of the season.

I’ve thought it for a while now I know it’s a FACT. You are a fecking trolling wanker. Why don’t you just feck off? You add nothing to this board.

Look at the stats and try twisting those you sad sad muppet

Sorry I’m not often rude to people but you really get my goat with your long winded bollocks posts. No doubt you’ll manage another one about our “lucky” win.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Wow! Where did that little 'kick on' come from with 15 mins to go? Both teams made sums and then instead of trying to shore it up for the draw we went for it with Mooy absolutely bossing it. So positive!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

How is it lucky despite being the better team? It's almost as if you're disappointed...which is a little weird.

Lucky win?? Deserved over 90 mins mate without any doubt dodgy 20 mins start 2nd half but better side for 70 mins

A LUCKY WIN??!!!

WTF are you going on about you?! Absolutely clueless WUM.

They were lucky to win even though they were better team ....................

............I'm beginning to think he might be .................. Irish ....................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here