Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Arsenal vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Getting points at top 6 clubs has always been a struggle! We may play well, give them a good game (sometimes) - but as far as getting points is concerned, that is a struggle.

One point from 15 away games so far, isn't it?

As I said we've already done it against this team this year alone. And Arsenal have only won 4 of their 14 Prem games this season. Top 6 team?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
we are getting to the point of needing points to stay afloat as we are very near to the drop zone so lets hope today is the start.

Near the drop zone, you say? ???

That changes everything.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
We might not get a better chance to win at the Emirates for some time, be good if we can take the chance however slim it may appear

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
As I said we've already done it against this team this year alone. And Arsenal have only won 4 of their 14 Prem games this season. Top 6 team?
Yes. Top 6. Two Manchester clubs, three London clubs and Liverpool. Has been that way for years, with only slight variations and occasional blips - and even with this season's blips, which are worse than usual, four of the big 6 are in the top six, and all are in the top half of the table.

Like all other Brighton fans, I hope our struggles against the top 6 are more fruitful for once tonight. It would be nice if our record of one point from 15 games didn't become one point from 16.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Exactly. Anytime our opposition are on a winless streak, a non scoring run, or some other form of negative statistic good old BHA are there to help them break their bad luck.
I don't like reading of them, it's like a curse.

People were saying this before spurs....

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Getting points at top 6 clubs has always been a struggle! We may play well, give them a good game (sometimes) - but as far as getting points is concerned, that is a struggle.

One point from 15 away games so far, isn't it?

Our Premier League record against Arsenal, a top six side, is fairly decent Played 4 won 1 drawn 2 lost 1 for 4 against 5

Hope we can at least draw tonight and maybe Nick a win but Arsenal will be up for it big time. Let's hope we don't get a battering like the Gooners in our office think we will get.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Got an awful feeling we might get ripped apart tonight #playerswithapointtoprove.................so hope I'm wrong !!

Their defence is woeful so we’ll have a chance but they do have some world class players who could cut us to pieces at the back.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Come on Albion :albion2: victory beckons.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I would love to say an Albion win, but I fear a draw is the most we dare hope for. We've never won up there and I can't see it changing this time around

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Their defence is woeful so we’ll have a chance but they do have some world class players who could cut us to pieces at the back.

World class players, as did Liverpool..... who are better than Arsenal.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Jonathan Moss on the VAR.....hopefully we'll avoid going to that then.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Nothing changes then :(

Nope.

It’s been a long day. Back from Scotland via a meeting in Lancashire today so on the West Coast trains. Fine getting there but delayed to buggery getting to London. Finally get to Vic to chants of “Seagulls!” from outside a pub, thinking I might get back in time to watch the same game at home and all the jeffing Gatwick Expresses are cancelled :rant:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here