Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Arsenal tickets arrived yet?

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Whattt?!!! They were STILL sending out Arsenal tickets first class YESTERDAY. That’s 28 days after purchase date, and just 2 delivery days before the match, before you have to call the club and request duplicates for collection at stadium. So, they have 30 days to get them out, but they choose to sit on them for 28 days, and hope they arrive in 2. Truly pathetic administration. Anyone on FAB please get this pitiful repeated failure on the agenda, thank you.

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
My Arsenal ticket arrived this afternoon, posted on the 5th. Accompanied by another envelope with Newcastle in, posted on the 9th.
Each was purchased in the first hour on the first day they were on sale. First in, last out, appears to be the case

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
My Arsenal ticket arrived this afternoon, posted on the 5th. Accompanied by another envelope with Newcastle in, posted on the 9th.
Each was purchased in the first hour on the first day they were on sale. First in, last out, appears to be the case
Bought my Forest ticket one first day of sale, it arrived on the day of the game, amazingly before I left for the game as my post is normally 1-2pm. I had already got myself on the duplicate list the day before. Thankfully they were able to take me off it, but it was still a faff. The post is really unreliable for me, things sent first class are taking up to a week to arrive after sending.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Whattt?!!! They were STILL sending out Arsenal tickets first class YESTERDAY. That’s 28 days after purchase date, and just 2 delivery days before the match, before you have to call the club and request duplicates for collection at stadium. So, they have 30 days to get them out, but they choose to sit on them for 28 days, and hope they arrive in 2. Truly pathetic administration. Anyone on FAB please get this pitiful repeated failure on the agenda, thank you.
They can only send them out when they receive them from the home club you know.

It’s the writing names on every ticket that’s delaying it

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
But some were received by fans on the 5th, so the Club must have posted those out on the 2nd May. So why are the Club STILL sending tickets out 7 days later on the 9th May? Have they just got person handwriting furiously on 3000 tickets and taking a full 7 days to do it?! That’s just hopeless management of an admin task.
For which the Club, incidentally, gets an income of £3000 for posting these tickets……

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
The delays in sending tickets out must be due to tiredness and fatigue amongst the name inscribers, as they are suffering from writer's cramp, felt-tipped fingers and the odd sprain. Handwriting for long periods is a dying skill. As 'Arry puts it, they are now 'down to the bare bones'.
It will be OK come August because, for the first time, they will have had the benefit of a full 'pre-season'.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Still waiting.

Angry Inside Out GIF by Disney Pixar

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Groovy Gangs have arrived

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It's getting ridiculous this season. It's taking ages for tickets to come through, I just do not understand it. The sooner we get a digital option for away tickets the better.
………yet I haven’t had a single away game this season where it hasn’t arrived in time :shrug:The ‘where‘s my ticket’ whingeing thread usually starts on here about a month before the fixture.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
………yet I haven’t had a single away game this season where it hasn’t arrived in time :shrug:The ‘where‘s my ticket’ whingeing thread usually starts on here about a month before the fixture.
Chelsea didn’t arrive, Charlton didn’t arrive and now my son’s hadn’t arrived while I’m on a “random” pick up.

Away tickets probably are the one thing we’ve been consistently terrible at this season

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Away tickets probably are the one thing we’ve been consistently terrible at this season
Charlton was a nightmare but that was due to a combination of Christmas and a rail strike and a poor set up at Charlton (fault - take your pick).
tbf: I've been to nearly every away game this season and all tickets for me /various sons have all arrived fine but i feel your pain. My only mess up was taking the wrong tickets to Arsenal (A) - took the envelope for the cancelled Bournemouth match by mistake - in the Carabao Cup . Arsenal ticket office conjured up replacements after a 5 min queue and a 5 min wait after i explained and showed some ID.
PS: Apart from Palace i've not once been asked for my iD.
PPS: At Leeds i was given a proper search after the drug sniffer dogs got excited but to no avail !

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
But some were received by fans on the 5th, so the Club must have posted those out on the 2nd May. So why are the Club STILL sending tickets out 7 days later on the 9th May? Have they just got person handwriting furiously on 3000 tickets and taking a full 7 days to do it?! That’s just hopeless management of an admin task.
For which the Club, incidentally, gets an income of £3000 for posting these tickets……
....................which won't go anywhere near covering the cost of postage, envelopes, ticket wallets and bulk orders of sharpies - let alone the staff time involved scrawling names on tickets and putting everything in the envelopes (or the presumably now full-time job involved in filtering out 10% of the tickets into a separate pile and emailing the pick-up victims)

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
....................which won't go anywhere near covering the cost of postage, envelopes, ticket wallets and bulk orders of sharpies - let alone the staff time involved scrawling names on tickets and putting everything in the envelopes (or the presumably now full-time job involved in filtering out 10% of the tickets into a separate pile and emailing the pick-up victims)
Its more like 1% for pick up i think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here