Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arsenal attendances

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
im pretty sure that if bobby zamora had returned to brighton on loan that we'd have sold out. just saying...

and also, brighton is a club growing. arsenal are an established giant in football. you SHOULD be selling out every game. you have about 30,000 people on the ST waiting list! and aout 100,000 members! thats on top of your 35-40k ST holders?

get fed up? WTF have arsenal fans got to be fed up about? you've won a load of titles, been playing champions league football for years, had some of the best players in the world grace your turf and had a fantastic new stadium built very recently! others would kill to have had all that in the last 20 years!

You can talk about 20 years, but the last 7 count now & its a desert of trophies.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If a major disaster happened at The Emirates, god forbid, if the recored attendance was 60,000 would they be looking to accoiunt for all 60,000 irrespective of whether 5000 where season ticket holders not in attendance or would they look to account for 55000 people.

D

Deleted member 18477

You can talk about 20 years, but the last 7 count now & its a desert of trophies.

the last 7 years at arsenal:

-2005 premier league runners up
-2005 FA cup winners
-2005 community shield runners up
-2006 champions league runners up
-2006 moved into a quite incredibly beautiful 60,000 capacity stadium!
-2007 league cup runners up
-2010 Arsenal is the third most valuable association football club in the world as of 2010, valued at $1.2 billion
-2011 league cup runners up
-2011 beat barcelona 2-1 in the champions league
-2005-2012 champions league football

apart from that yea my heart bleeds for arsenal. now i dont dislike arsenal, i think they're an incredible club and actually one of my favourite premiership teams (grandad supported them). but, some of their fans need to get a serious grip! sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. what you dont do is give up on your club! arsene wenger won't be there forever. if they dont like him and his philosophy thats fair enough but how they can turn their back on the club and cheering on the actual team is beyond me!

Last edited by a moderator:

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
If a major disaster happened at The Emirates, god forbid, if the recored attendance was 60,000 would they be looking to accoiunt for all 60,000 irrespective of whether 5000 where season ticket holders not in attendance or would they look to account for 55000 people.

Roll another fat one BG :smokin:

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
the last 7 years at arsenal:

-2005 premier league runners up
-2005 FA cup winners
-2005 community shield runners up
-2006 champions league runners up
-2006 moved into a quite incredibly beautiful 60,000 capacity stadium!
-2007 league cup runners up
-2010 Arsenal is the third most valuable association football club in the world as of 2010, valued at $1.2 billion
-2011 league cup runners up
-2011 beat barcelona 2-1 in the champions league
-2005-2012 champions league football

apart from that yea my heart bleeds for arsenal. now i dont dislike arsenal, i think they're an incredible club and actually one of my favourite premiership teams (grandad supported them). but, some of their fans need to get a serious grip! sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. what you dont do is give up on your club! arsene wenger won't be there forever. if they dont like him and his philosophy thats fair enough but how they can turn their back on the club and cheering on the actual team is beyond me!

Ties into Champions League Football, but remember a top 4 finish in the Premier League in each of those seasons. Do you know how many clubs would f***ing KILL for a top four finish in the Premier League? How much money they invest to try and get there whilst failing?

Alright you aren't winning trophies, but you're one of the very best clubs in country, if not the world. How is that in any way depressing?

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
Judging by the t.v.pictures on M.O.T.D. it looked like Stoke and Man City did the same as Arsenal do, announced so-called 'attendance' figures way above the numbers who actually attended - though in their cases probably more due to terrible weather than indifference. It does make any comparison with historical crowd stats utterly redundant.

Dirk Gently

Dec 27, 2011
I'll give you that happily, I just meant it came up in the thread about Palace attendance. Someone conjectured that it was a hold over from their PL days and they hadn't bothered to change.

Yes, it was me. The PL insist on it, so Palace would have changed to that system of reporting "tickets sold" when they were promoted in 2006(?). Having changed, what's their incentive to go back to the "bodies through gate" way of reporting - that would only highlight the number of ticket holders (usually Season Ticket holders) who didn't turn up for one reason or another.

The other figures do exist - in every new ground there's a computerised display showing the number of people through each turnstile and so in each stand or enclosure - an important development post-Hillsborough.

So both sets of figures do exist, and I think clubs do report actual bodies present on their safety returns to the SGSA (ex-FLA) - but football clubs are interested in tickets sold. It's only fans who want bragging rights who are really interested in actual numbers there.

Dirk Gently

Dec 27, 2011

The safety people there know exactly how many people are in the ground - and in each stand or enclosure - at any time.

Dirk Gently

Dec 27, 2011
Judging by the t.v.pictures on M.O.T.D. it looked like Stoke and Man City did the same as Arsenal do, announced so-called 'attendance' figures way above the numbers who actually attended - though in their cases probably more due to terrible weather than indifference. It does make any comparison with historical crowd stats utterly redundant.

To repeat, it is a requirement of the Premier League that their clubs report attendance as "total tickets sold" . That will apply to all 20 PL clubs - and many who have been there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here