[Albion] Arsenal and Palace tickets

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ticket window for tier 2 opened at 8.59

I’ve got my ticket.

However I still argue that this system is not ideal. It’s essentially a closed shop. Tier 1 should not be set at ~100% of available tickets then relying on some in that bracket not buying for anyone else to have a sniff. About 85% had sold before tier 2 opened, given the number of tier 1 just posting on here who stated they weren’t going this makes me think that the tier 1 bar must be over 90% which I believe is wrong. It also slightly surprises me as that’s not how Barber ran England Fans, there ‘tier 1’ was set at 70%, then it was open to lower tiers and 10% was an open ballot, and they were transparent on the tiering, they published the numbers in each tier.

The potential to get into debt by chasing points should also be on the clubs agenda. Example - if you’re borderline tier 1/2 there is the potential to overstretch yourself financially to stay there, knowing that if you don’t then matches like Luton, Brentford and god forbid a EL knockout at a 20k ground would then be out of your reach. Luckily I’m ‘mid-table’ tier 2 so don’t have to worry about that!
The other temptation is to risk buy and share to keep the points, I know at least one person still doing this despite all who know him warning him every time, that’ll end in tears…
Interesting thoughts. But isn't there usually more than 10% open to Tier 2? If you are allocating randomly lower to Tier 2 then I can't see that being fairer than the the current system and, given the low odds of getting tickets that way, I can't see it removing the less than ideal practices you detail at the end there or the pressure to overstretch to improve your odds

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Interesting thoughts. But isn't there usually more than 10% open to Tier 2? If you are allocating randomly lower to Tier 2 then I can't see that being fairer than the the current system and, given the low odds of getting tickets that way, I can't see it removing the less than ideal practices you detail at the end there or the pressure to overstretch to improve your odds
Tier 2 always becomes a mad scramble for games like Palace, where there are under 3k available.
In my view Tier 2 was too wide this time (63 loyalty pts) Whereas Tier 3 is 22pts.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Just you implied Arsenal was also grey, it isn't
Both Palace and Arsenal are grey for me, and have been since before 9am, despite constant refreshing. And yes, I'm signed in.

1700043066842.png

Attachments

• 1700043039286.png
    1700043039286.png
    115.1 KB · Views: 26

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
Tier 2 always becomes a mad scramble for games like Palace, where there are under 3k available.
In my view Tier 2 was too wide this time (63 loyalty pts) Whereas Tier 3 is 22pts.
I agree ( although I got lucky for Palace, I missed out on Ajax).

Maybe the issue of tiers should be raised at the next FAB meeting?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I agree ( although I got lucky for Palace, I missed out on Ajax).

Maybe the issue of tiers should be raised at the next FAB meeting?
No point

Club policy is that every option discriminates on some fans - Tony's algorithm is used for loyalty points, and he knows what he's doing.
Which is fair enough.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
As long as there are no points harvesters in who won't be attending the Palace game, I accept the policy as it is.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I bought Arsenal tickets. Got an email - but site says payment is still being processed.

Now, when I go to tickets section to buy Palace, I get...

"Oops! a general exception has occured, please refer to the system administrator for further details..."

*sigh*

Edit: All gone. Annoying! Restricted view tickets - got.

Last edited:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I bought Arsenal tickets. Got an email - but site says payment is still being processed.

Now, when I go to tickets section to buy Palace, I get...

"Oops! a general exception has occured, please refer to the system administrator for further details..."

*sigh*
you won't be buying Palace tickets anyway
I AM LOGGED IN!!

Name blurred out:

View attachment 169839
what's your loyalty pts say?

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Have you been banned?
I'm sure they'd have the decency to tell me if I had. But no -- I'm too mean to throw beer and I've been to all the games I've bought tix for. Oh well. Must be a glitch with the system. I was one of the very lucky few to get an Athens ticket in that final window so I guess I'm being punished.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I'm sure they'd have the decency to tell me if I had. But no -- I'm too mean to throw beer and I've been to all the games I've bought tix for. Oh well. Must be a glitch with the system. I was one of the very lucky few to get an Athens ticket in that final window so I guess I'm being punished.
Well there are still a lot of tickets left for Arsenal so I'd advise you to get it sorted today.

That's a plausible argument but obvs not what the guy who I was replying to was arguing - who was saying it should be more "open" with ballots rather than restrictive in Tier 2. I don't have particularly strong views about this, I was lower Tier 2 not so long ago, now I'm upper Tier 2 so, selfishly my own interests have changed quite quickly lol - but I dunno, am relaxed about the current situation even despite my mixed fortunes in the scrambles

Ring up - I got through to the guys in 30 seconds this morning, as people have already said you need to get it sorted today as Arsenal will go tomorrow in a scramble in all likelihood

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports