Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Arse at home on NYE miserable git thread

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Boxing Day matches (even last seasons 8pm) ok as traditionally a sporting day but New Years Eve, nah, that’s family time. Ticket sold on exchange. First home miss for years.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Mehh.. according to ze internetz, going on the Picadelly Line-stuff to Heathrow takes 45 minutes, then the flight takes 2 hours, then my train from Copenhagen takes like 50 minutes... with small margins and no unexpected delays I could be home before midnight!

Nah
Don't be a lazy git, do it anyway! You only live once! (y)

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Well, I'm going to humbug your humbug. Haven't been out for NYE (apart from a particularly poor school parents' party one year) in donks. Pubs are overpriced and absolutely full of the sort of nob ends who can't handle their booze and drugs that most complain about at London away games. Routine for a while now has been cook something really decent, open a nice wine and watch Jools, sometimes with kids and sometimes without.

This will give me an excuse to go to the pub earlier when it's calmer and have a happy new year pint with a couple of mates on the concourse, bit of football, shenanigans call for going home with no "when are you getting back" texts from her indoors and likely to be home just in time for Jools to start and get a nice, mellow, warming Aussie Shiraz on the go with some snacks.

Bring. It. On.
Excellent post, I’ll be going out straight after, so expect something exciting on here at 4am

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Well, I'm going to humbug your humbug. Haven't been out for NYE (apart from a particularly poor school parents' party one year) in donks. Pubs are overpriced and absolutely full of the sort of nob ends who can't handle their booze and drugs that most complain about at London away games. Routine for a while now has been cook something really decent, open a nice wine and watch Jools, sometimes with kids and sometimes without.

This will give me an excuse to go to the pub earlier when it's calmer and have a happy new year pint with a couple of mates on the concourse, bit of football, shenanigans call for going home with no "when are you getting back" texts from her indoors and likely to be home just in time for Jools to start and get a nice, mellow, warming Aussie Shiraz on the go with some snacks.

Bring. It. On.
Very much this. Thought Mrs D would be a bit annoyed about the ko time as we’ve been invited to a couple of parties, what she actually said was ‘thank God for that, gives us a perfect excuse not to go out’……..happy days 😀

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Very much this. Thought Mrs D would be a bit annoyed about the ko time as we’ve been invited to a couple of parties, what she actually said was ‘thank God for that, gives us a perfect excuse not to go out’……..happy days 😀
It's the way forward for the middle aged man with a very average wine collection.

Carlos BC

May 10, 2019
Stuck ours on the exchange yesterday after discussions yesterday. So 3 seats together in N1G if anybody would like them. 😁

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Mehh.. according to ze internetz, going on the Picadelly Line-stuff to Heathrow takes 45 minutes, then the flight takes 2 hours, then my train from Copenhagen takes like 50 minutes... with small margins and no unexpected delays I could be home before midnight!

:lolol:

Well, APART from getting to Heathrow from Brighton, taking three hours to clear security and passports, the delay while the single working baggage handler finds all those bags and the time difference......
Not to mention the delays when the sniffer dogs get suspicious.....

I can't even remember the last time we played on NYE, it always used to be New Years Day, deciding whether to get legless and wake up after the match was over lol

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Going to be working out and about in the city centre. Will be home about 5am.

If I wasn’t working It’d be dinner at friends’. I don’t venture out on NYE. Full of amateur drinkers and wreck-heads acting like they invented good times.

I’ll be dealing with them, but I won’t be drinking with them!

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010

Bring. It. On.

There is a lot to like about your post but definitely not Jools Holland. I'd rather be transported back into the queue for Charlton tickets than watch his smug Jazz club. Seeing the New year in with some weird band from Peru you've never heard of playing the Panpipes isn't for me.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen

Bring. It. On.
I could not agree more. I understand lots of people have commitments /partners to deal with but...

An evening of bellissimmo footy in de Zerbi's wonderland, bevs on the train, pub with mates, laughter, sing song, sausages, and a chance to derail the gooners sounds like a first class way to spend New Year's Eve. More life affirming than nodding off on your sofa, having a farting competition with the dog.

To each their own, though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here