Arrogance and naivety of albion fans

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have I been in a cave and missed something, have we beaten Charlton and Derby already? The way this board looks and other Albion fans feel we already have 6 points in the bag and the arrogance of our lot is frightening and I liken it to when we got the draw at palace in the playoffs with the home leg pending, excitement /anticipation is one thing but being delusional is another entirely......and if I hear the term "all we need to do is win all our games and we're up" I think i'll cry. Now providing there is no insanely high scoring affair at Charlton by us on Saturday doesn't that win all 3 term apply to Burnley and boro aswell?! On top of that anyone who thinks we're going to waltz into the Riverside whilst Boro just roll over when they will most probably need a point or 3 and stroll to victory is off their head and has clearly been a fan since we moved to the Amex!

Now don't get me wrong, we were good in periods against Fulham and QPR, in fact at times we were fantastic but we were also less than average for 43 minutes on Tuesday, has that all been forgotten because the teams that have nothing to play for buckled, in my opinion serve that first half up against Derby and we might not get off so lightly and IF we go behind 28k arses will be squeaking.

Yes we're on a high from two great results & yes this is the closest to dining at the captains table we've been since 1991 but here's hoping our manager and players aren't thinking anything like what the madness I've heard over the past few days.

Each game at a time and that starts with a very tricky trip to a relegated team where we've already been promised a show and fight against the owners, lets hope we don't lose focus!

UTA

Having read all this again, just to be sure, I conclude that you are merely repeating what Crystal Palace fans are saying.

Therefore, I accuse you [MENTION=24083]byf1[/MENTION] of being Palace.

Have I been in a cave and missed something, have we beaten Charlton and Derby already? The way this board looks and other Albion fans feel we already have 6 points in the bag and the arrogance of our lot is frightening and I liken it to when we got the draw at palace in the playoffs with the home leg pending, excitement /anticipation is one thing but being delusional is another entirely......and if I hear the term "all we need to do is win all our games and we're up" I think i'll cry. Now providing there is no insanely high scoring affair at Charlton by us on Saturday doesn't that win all 3 term apply to Burnley and boro aswell?! On top of that anyone who thinks we're going to waltz into the Riverside whilst Boro just roll over when they will most probably need a point or 3 and stroll to victory is off their head and has clearly been a fan since we moved to the Amex!

Now don't get me wrong, we were good in periods against Fulham and QPR, in fact at times we were fantastic but we were also less than average for 43 minutes on Tuesday, has that all been forgotten because the teams that have nothing to play for buckled, in my opinion serve that first half up against Derby and we might not get off so lightly and IF we go behind 28k arses will be squeaking.

Yes we're on a high from two great results & yes this is the closest to dining at the captains table we've been since 1991 but here's hoping our manager and players aren't thinking anything like what the madness I've heard over the past few days.

Each game at a time and that starts with a very tricky trip to a relegated team where we've already been promised a show and fight against the owners, lets hope we don't lose focus!

UTA

Probably not a good idea for you to consider any future role which involves boosting morale.

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
To be honest I've not seen any arrogance from albion fans, we haven't been top flight since 1983 so it would be strange to say the least. Excitement, optimism, yes and why not? Forget last year but we have been there or there about for a while now, we have the ground, support and training facilities worthy of any club in the premiership plus we would attract top players, lets not forget we are only an hour or so from London and thats important. Football is about victory and disappointment in equal measures and we have had our fair share of the latter. I'm an optimist anyway, so, if we don't go up this year automatically or via the playoffs, there is always next year and i honestly believe our time will come. :bhasign:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Having read all this again, just to be sure, I conclude that you are merely repeating what Crystal Palace fans are saying.

Therefore, I accuse you [MENTION=24083]byf1[/MENTION] of being Palace.

Nah, he's just a troll. He has form. byf & byf1 are the same person.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It's funny how three of our regular younger trolls have all made an appearance this week. It's not even half term

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Tedious self indulgent rant, 'I've got an angry opinion me!'

At best you could say that the season we met Palace in the play offs there were one or two silly posts, but this year? No ****ing way. We're all on firmly on Albion Caravan of Love and enjoying the ride.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I wouldn't class the rejoicement I feel of some stunning form and play on occasion as suddenly filling me to the brim with over-confidence or arrogance. I am on a high from it when thinking it over, certainly, and may even boast about it to workmates who have precisely no interest in us or whatever the hell we are, but i don't think we're all of a sudden a superior breed or guaranteed success. I am hopeful, but hope can be crushed with a single roll of a mightily heavy dice, and i lightly fear such a monstrous cube's approach before and during games...until we take the lead and carry out a joyful spanking.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Never felt arrogant as a Brighton fan, how could I?

I spend every match day & most in between recently, absolutely bricking it. I suspect a lot of others feel the same.

Don't know where you get this idea from.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

UTA

Enjoy it while it lasts, it might all come crashing down at 5pm Saturday, but at least we've enjoyed it.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

UTA
We looked like a PL side playing a Championship side in the cup the last couple of games, the boys soaked up a bit of pressure then stepped up a gear and got the job done. Anything can happen in football but I'm not sure what your agenda is here or if you even went to the last two games.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
It's true for boro too who will be at home IF it gets to that game...

But it's also true for us. By your logic, to merely state it with respect to Boro is the opposite of both arrogance and naivety.
That said, at this particular point, I'd say that Burnley have the easiest run-in, then probably followed by Boro, then by us. This is even more problematic given that we need to pick up more points than Burnley (as it's extremely unlikely we'll overhaul their goal difference) or Boro.
Broadly, you're over-exaggerating your case on this thread.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

UTA

All we need to do is win our last three games.

Same as the others.

That's mathematics not arrogance

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I think the OP overlooks the fact that Albion fans have to think about all three games because we have to book tickets, make travel arrangements and organise ourselves for those matches. You've got to consider the permutations in order to get yourself sorted, i.e. I've already told my wife vs Derby there is a small chance I might get back home after the kids have gone to bed.

No one is suggesting the Charlton game is already in the bag but one look at the odds tells you it would be a major upset if the outcome was anything other than an Albion win.

You're spot on here, and the bold bit made me smile. Make sure you wake the kids up when you get in. Hic.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I don't think anyone is being arrogant, we're all shitting it really!

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
The only thing that matters is that the players are not taking the win for granted.

Yes, and why would they when, after 43 hard-fought games (nearly half of which we've won through a fair slice of luck, and plenty of nous, determination and team work) they've got a prize in front of them but one they'll never get their mitts on unless they take it one game at a time.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
After promotion we'd start next season 3rd in the table.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports