Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arrogance and naivety of albion fans

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
you must be new. if we win a game we are invincible and will go on to much better things. if we lose a game its all over (in August) and wholesale changes are demanded.

come on, we're doing really well and a couple of modest games from promotion, let people get excited. it not arrogance, it hope.

This......If we win = Hughton & Barber etc stay and are the best things that happened to B&HA EVER!!!!!!............ if we lose= burn them and we are playing non pro football in a few years time.........It really is that simple! ..............NEVER forget one thing.........this is NSC :)

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Have I been in a cave and missed something, have we beaten Charlton and Derby already? The way this board looks and other Albion fans feel we already have 6 points in the bag and the arrogance of our lot is frightening and I liken it to when we got the draw at palace in the playoffs with the home leg pending, excitement /anticipation is one thing but being delusional is another entirely......and if I hear the term "all we need to do is win all our games and we're up" I think i'll cry. Now providing there is no insanely high scoring affair at Charlton by us on Saturday doesn't that win all 3 term apply to Burnley and boro aswell?! On top of that anyone who thinks we're going to waltz into the Riverside whilst Boro just roll over when they will most probably need a point or 3 and stroll to victory is off their head and has clearly been a fan since we moved to the Amex!

Now don't get me wrong, we were good in periods against Fulham and QPR, in fact at times we were fantastic but we were also less than average for 43 minutes on Tuesday, has that all been forgotten because the teams that have nothing to play for buckled, in my opinion serve that first half up against Derby and we might not get off so lightly and IF we go behind 28k arses will be squeaking.

Yes we're on a high from two great results & yes this is the closest to dining at the captains table we've been since 1991 but here's hoping our manager and players aren't thinking anything like what the madness I've heard over the past few days.

Each game at a time and that starts with a very tricky trip to a relegated team where we've already been promised a show and fight against the owners, lets hope we don't lose focus!

UTA

Couldn't agree more.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, whatever anyone else thinks.
I will wait till the points are in the bag before I celebrate.
Anything could happen, even with our current form.
We have played a stinkers after a great performance in the past.
By all accounts this Burnley side , who were supposedly running out of steam, gave PNE a good game and were unlucky not to get a hat full.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
This......If we win = Hughton & Barber etc stay and are the best things that happened to B&HA EVER!!!!!!............ if we lose= burn them and we are playing non pro football in a few years time.........It really is that simple! ..............NEVER forget one thing.........this is NSC :)

Yep, this is Brighton don't forget.
We have often snatched a defeat from the jaws of victory.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Yep, this is Brighton don't forget.
We have often snatched a defeat from the jaws of victory.

Look on the bright side, at least we get our monies worth! nothing worse than being 4 up at half time knowing you are going to win.........at least us Albion fans can be on the edge of our seats right up until the whistle blow's! :lol:

Tillweplay

Banned
Apr 22, 2016
Rams Owls final ?
Bartons Clarets up 3rd time in 5 years as Champions ( done playoffs , done second spot )
Boro 2nd. They won't be happy with that but they may have to be yet.

A hard fought Albion attempt but perhaps a bridge too far now. Derby County are now your destiny. Jason Shackel , Lee Grant

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Rams Owls final ?
Bartons Clarets up 3rd time in 5 years as Champions ( done playoffs , done second spot )
Boro 2nd. They won't be happy with that but they may have to be yet.

A hard fought Albion attempt but perhaps a bridge too far now. Derby County are now your destiny. Jason Shackel , Lee Grant
Nothing to do with Palace. You are not meant to be posting on this thread.

Tillweplay

Banned
Apr 22, 2016
Im a Burnley supporter with an eye on your forum since I visited your ground a couple of weeks ago.
I'm astonished at the naivety and arrogance of some of your fans on this forum. Nothing is granted in this game.
I have a few Albion friends I have known for years who are sound. It seems that when you wanted the football community to back your and encourage your Falmer scheme you were also sound. Now you have your new ground you've turned into a bunch of sour bitter opinionated bunch with some self indulgent belief you now belong in the PL. The Championship is a very hard leave to gain promotion from and it has to be earned. Whoever earns that does so on merit. This will be our 3rd in 5 years. Enjoy your own games and ignore the noise , like we do.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Im a Burnley supporter with an eye on your forum since I visited your ground a couple of weeks ago.
I'm astonished at the naivety and arrogance of some of your fans on this forum. Nothing is granted in this game.
I have a few Albion friends I have known for years who are sound. It seems that when you wanted the football community to back your and encourage your Falmer scheme you were also sound. Now you have your new ground you've turned into a bunch of sour bitter opinionated bunch with some self indulgent belief you now belong in the PL. The Championship is a very hard leave to gain promotion from and it has to be earned. Whoever earns that does so on merit. This will be our 3rd in 5 years. Enjoy your own games and ignore the noise , like we do.
Its not personal against your fans, we don't call you inbred Dingles for instance, we just don't like Barton and Dyche very much.

Enjoy your promotion.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

I'm not entirely sure where you got that idea. You'll find a few idiots on here but the majority clearly remember where we come from and what support we got from others.

You win promotion by winning games, no matter how you win them. You are doing that.

We know that what we need to do is win the next 3 games. I hope we do that.

As for yourselves, I'm really none too bothered whether you or Boro go up.

However, you can be sure that if your club was stiffed by its owners then Albion fans would be there to help just as others helped us. There will be a fair few joining the Charlton match today as we have done for Doncaster and Plymouth. I don't think we'll forget.

Sorry if you feel we are arrogant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I'm not entirely sure where you got that idea. You'll find a few idiots on here but the majority clearly remember where we come from and what support we got from others.

You win promotion by winning games, no matter how you win them. You are doing that.

We know that what we need to do is win the next 3 games. I hope we do that.

As for yourselves, I'm really none too bothered whether you or Boro go up.

However, you can be sure that if your club was stiffed by its owners then Albion fans would be there to help just as others helped us. There will be a fair few joining the Charlton match today as we have done for Doncaster and Plymouth. I don't think we'll forget.

Sorry if you feel we are arrogant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well said, the only naivety appears to be from other clubs supporters visiting this forum, and taking the opinion of a few as the majority view.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Your username gives you away.

Your rhetoric is classic palace gimpery.

You're now on the palace troll watchlist.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.

And remember that Burnley and Hull have been helped significantly by parachute payments.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here