Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Argus: Vicente describes Poyet as the worst person he has come across in football

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
No I approve of "McSmudger". An amusing name. I also agree that he should be shipped out ASAP. Since he was injured we went from strength to strength. If you know anything about football then you should see that although he gives 100% he is JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

This.
Never will be good enough at age 29 for a PL club or a PL promotion push.
Incredible that Poyet wasted £3.25m, and fantastic wages, out of the budget on a league one striker.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
This.
Incredible that Poyet wasted £3.25m, and fantastic wages, out of the budget on a league one striker.

£2.5m

And tell that to Lambert or Holt

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Norwich would be a very relieved club that they didn't waste that £3.25m on a League One ability frontman.

Good at shuttle runs in games though, with a short choppy style of running, closing defenders down for the first 60 minutes.

It must be good for a player to have such great support from your team's fans. Obviously, Norwich must know nothing as they bid for him in two of the last three transfer windows but I'm sure you and others on here know best.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
This.

ahh yes, I remember the uproar on NSC and from Brighton fans when we signed CMS. Especially yourself I am sure. We were all so disappointed when we signed him.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It must be good for a player to have such great support from your team's fans. Obviously, Norwich must know nothing as they bid for him in two of the last three transfer windows but I'm sure you and others on here know best.

The likes of Barnes (pre Referee tripping), Harley, Sparrow, Ankergren, Greer and others have taken an internet battering on NSC before, many times.

Are you reserving your "support" kid gloves for fans favourite CMS alone?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
The likes of Barnes (pre Referee tripping), Harley, Sparrow, Ankergren, Greer and others have taken an internet battering on NSv before, many times.

Are you reserving your "support" kid gloves for fans favourite CMS alone?

No, I don't agree with slagging off players as it is hardly productive. If they give their all, then I have no issue. I haven't slagged off any of those players (that doesn't mean I think all of them have amazing games all the time). I think the treatment of Barnes and Ankergren especially by some on here has been disgraceful.

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!
Argus: Vicente describes Poyet as the worst person he has come across in footba

No, I don't agree with slagging off players as it is hardly productive. If they give their all, then I have no issue. I haven't slagged off any of those players (that doesn't mean I think all of them have amazing games all the time). I think the treatment of Barnes and Ankergren especially by some on here has been disgraceful.

I didn't slag off McSmudger. I just pointed out that although he always gives 100% he JUST ISNT GOOD ENOUGH for the championship.

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!

Which is obviously meant as a derogatory name so you are slagging him off. It isn't a name you would give a player you are being supportive towards.

I believe that his nickname in the dressing room refers to the size of his ears? Is it Dumbo?!! I doubt that McSmudger takes offence to that and I don't mean it as a derogatory name anyway. It is amusing though and always gets a rise out of you! So I shall continue to call him McSmudger until he starts scoring at an acceptable rate (25 goals per season) or leaves the club for pastures new because HE IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Which is obviously meant as a derogatory name so you are slagging him off. It isn't a name you would give a player you are being supportive towards.

This name has been used many times before and by people who fully support him; it is a fun play on his name and I presume his Scottish call up, nothing derogatory at all.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Yes, but I and others choose to refer to him as McSmudger...

Quite.

I believe that his nickname in the dressing room refers to the size of his ears? Is it Dumbo?!! I doubt that McSmudger takes offence to that and I don't mean it as a derogatory name anyway. It is amusing though and always gets a rise out of you! So I shall continue to call him McSmudger until he starts scoring at an acceptable rate (25 goals per season) or leaves the club for pastures new because HE IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

You wouldn't accept 25 goals next season. You'd say it was too little too late and still find a reason to slag him off. It's just who you appear to be.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Dumbo? Are players that creative/imaginative? It's probably Big Ears.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Whether he is good enough or not, the nickname is pathetic and boring. As for CMS' ability, I imagine the new manager will give everyone a fresh start (that may even include Harley). We will see about whether a change in tactics helps CMS as he has never really had a partner up front so it would be good to see how he does with Ulloa.

With Ulloa, CMS, Barnes and Hoskins we've got plenty of goals in our locker at Championship level for a manager that can play to their strengths rather than insist they either have to be shoe-horned into a set system or discarded.

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!

Quite.

You wouldn't accept 25 goals next season. You'd say it was too little too late and still find a reason to slag him off. It's just who you appear to be.

No. I would certainly accept 25 goals per season from McSmudger. It would mean that somehow he has improved. However it's not going to happen because his first touch is not good enough, his speed of thought is not good enough and his pace is not (quite) good enough and he is not good enough in the air. If you know football you would understand this.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
There were times this season when CMS looked awesome.He raced to 11 goals and scored some supreme strikes like Burnley and Ipswich.i am certain with the right manager and system he will come good.
I also think Hoskins can play a part and I am pleased he got another year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here