Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Argus: Vicente describes Poyet as the worst person he has come across in football

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
Let's be clear - the club have all but planted this story to help their own agenda.

I'm not saying it's not true, I'm not #TeamPoyet, but there's a game going on behind the scenes here.

Agreed, the Argus doesn't normally put the boot in like this.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
This.
Never will be good enough at age 29 for a PL club or a PL promotion push.
Incredible that Poyet wasted £3.25m, and fantastic wages, out of the budget on a league one striker.

Not forgetting the six figure sum Peterborough United have missed out on after our Play-Off exit. Source: PUFC Chairman

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
There were times this season when CMS looked awesome.He raced to 11 goals and scored some supreme strikes like Burnley and Ipswich.i am certain with the right manager and system he will come good.
I also think Hoskins can play a part and I am pleased he got another year.

If Hoskins can stay fit, there have been signs he could have an impact at this level. The problem is every time he gets a few games, he gets a bad injury. Lets hope he will stay fit this season.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Argus: Vicente describes Poyet as the worst person he has come across in footba

Well seeing as £3.25 million was the most it could be in total, you can't really add a six figure sum on top of it. It was £2.5 million initially.

Could be £500,000, for example?

Assume there were other clauses too - # of matches played etc.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm always cynical of players who criticise a former manager (or managers criticising former players, or either criticising former clubs). It always seems like spin or face-saving exercises, or people lashing out and refusing to look at their own part in their circumstances.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I'm always cynical of players who criticise a former manager (or managers criticising former players, or either criticising former clubs). It always seems like spin or face-saving exercises, or people lashing out and refusing to look at their own part in their circumstances.

As mentioned in another thread I also take such comments with a pinch of salt but in this case we don't really know much from Vicente's perspective. Many of us have been looking forward to hearing what Vicente has to say about life with us. I'm sure there is an element of self defence in his interview after what was a largely unfulfilled time at The Albion but also a grain or two of truth as well. Even if you tone down his rather extreme criticism of Gus it still paints an uncomplimentary view.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here