Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Argus: Brighton target foreign keeper...

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Targets include Gornik Zabrze's Polish Under 20 international Lukasz Skorupski, who is also on the radar of Spurs and Newcastle and is wanted by German club Borussia Moenchengladback.

Skorupski, 21 tomorrow would prefer a move to England but Poyet may regard him as too much of a gamble.

Could have potential, if he doesn't cost much might be worth it?

“Those who know him well say he lives his life so recklessly he probably can’t even remember when his contract expires”

FLAIR LEVEL: RED

SIGN HIM UP

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
YES!!! Look how well Bartek Bialkowski has done just down the road!!!

SeagullBT

Sep 7, 2011
Brad Guzan at Villa! Out of contract in a few weeks, wages might be a problem though. Very decent ' keeper; former MLS 'keeper of the year.

patricksullivan

Jun 17, 2011
Hove
Not too bad but not good enough for us and isnt a team player either, also he isnt the sharpest tool in the box!! ( and i mean his IQ is around 60). i have seen him play. They are looking at highly rated goalkeeper from Lithuania who i think is much better and stronger and a top athlete and top professional. this guy is the next BHAFC keeper in my mind.... but what do i know!

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
Not a good signing as my 13 year old daughter will spend the whole season wanting to go out with him.......................... Would do my head in...........

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
No thank you. Championship experienced keeper is needed. Not some Polish goal keeper who's gonna have communication problems with our defence, not to mention he's only 21 and nobody has a clue what he's like.

Man City thought David Gonzalez was good, look what happened there.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
We need experience I'm afraid...

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
No doubt if he signed out genius fans will just change the Ankergren/Brezovan chant to involve his name.

Na na na na na na na na na na, Lew-cus Scar-Up-Ski, Scar-Up-Ski, Lew-cus Scar-Up-Ski :laugh:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Fantastic thread so far. :lolol:

In all seriousness, he sounds like a proper keeper. Looks mad as a hatter, is a fairly big unit despite his young age and could come in handy around the dressing room for any odd jobs that need doing. Also, the scouting department at Newcastle has done rather well recently, so if they're interested he must be a bit of a player.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Nonsense. We need to go Dutch. History is littered with terrible South American keepers: it's been the one consistent weakness in the Brazil national side. They're all El Loco nutter types or flappy panic merchants. The only half decent one I can remember (I'm talking about being successful in this country here) plays for those GOOBERS up the A23, and even he wasn't great last season after a few excellent years.

My logic for requesting a Dutch keeper is that they tend to be immense, occasionally with a large degree of FLAIR thrown in for good measure. There haven't been many shit Dutch keepers around, but plenty of good ones: Edwin Van Der Saar, Ed De Goey, Kuipers for a time, Hans Van Breukelen, Theo Snelders, Tim Krul, Dorus De Vries, as well as not to mention the Premier League's joint FLAIREST current keeper, Michel Vorm (an honour shared with the very non Dutch Ali Al Habsi).

Let's go Dutch, Gus. Or Omani.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here