Are you watching Question Time tonight ?.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you watching question time tonight ?.

• Yes

Votes: 95 78.5%
  • I have to wash my hair

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • I will be in bed

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • No

Votes: 17 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
(and even that then inevitably turned into a BNP's views on gays section).

It was still quite compulsive viewing, but something of a missed opportunity I thought. He should really have been probed more closely on his manifesto on exactly how his party would tackle the OTHER issues facing this country that do not relate back to whether someone is "indigenous" or not.

Yes, exactly.

Milton Keynes Seagull

Sep 28, 2003
Milton Keynes
Yes it was. Free trade could only work if people had money to buy the goods. So the Banks lent the money. They both go hand in hand.

People and the press always compare UKIP with the BNP as similar parties. Yes they both want out of the EU, are patriotic and have a hard line on immigration (BNP obviously harder), but on economic matters they're at opposite ends. UKIP believe in free trade, in reality they are actually in many ways like nineteenth century Liberals while many of the BNP's policies are left wing, with state intervention in industry, nationalising the banks and subsidizing public transport for example.

UKIP pulls people in from the Tories, and the BNP from ex-Labour voters, although there is overspill on this.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Yes it was. Free trade could only work if people had money to buy the goods. So the Banks lent the money. They both go hand in hand.

Free trade works because if people in country A have a competitive advantage in producing product X, (due to natural or intellectual resources) they should produce product X efficiently and exchange it for product Y from country B, where they have a competitive advantage in producing product Y.

Banking should simply provide a lubricant for the transaction process.

So you are wrong!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
People and the press always compare UKIP with the BNP as similar parties. Yes they both.....are patriotic

Can no other party be patriotic then? You know, unless all they bleat on about is immigrants.

I don't see how you can pick these two as being particularly patriotic.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
Not strictly correct. It's a combination of having money and the confidence/desire to spend it. There is still a vast amount of people in work and a lot of money being earnt in this country.....people are electing not to spend it though.

The desire to spend is created by the advertising industry. It sells the dream and the gullible fall for it. The multinationals are happy as they sell there products making handsome profits selling there shit goods that in the case of white goods last on average 3 years. Its a sick system that destroys people and destroys the planet. Time for it to end

Milton Keynes Seagull

Sep 28, 2003
Milton Keynes
Can no other party be patriotic then? You know, unless all they bleat on about is immigrants.

I don't see how you can pick these two as being particularly patriotic.

Did I say that? I merely referred to the differences between two parties often compared with each other because the thread was discussing the BNP and the talk had moved onto free trade. I linked the two.

Most political commentators would also link nationalism with patriotic fervour.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Griffin has just said that the audience was unfair as it came from London, which is no longer an 'English' city.

What has been done by the government.

Isn't it only rich Arabs and Russian's that live in Belgravia now?

A great leading question there re what has the government done. The answer is clearly more complex then you would like it to be once again, but we do get back to Atilla's point about New Labour being a contributary cause to the current improvement in the BNP's fortunes. I think dissatisfaction with the MP's expenses scandal is probably the biggest single reason for the protest vote though. Had the BNP had MP's embroiled in this then I think their uptick at the polls would be much less significant.

You're probably right about Belgravia but you get my point.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
Free trade works because if people in country A have a competitive advantage in producing product X, (due to natural or intellectual resources) they should produce product X efficiently and exchange it for product Y from country B, where they have a competitive advantage in producing product Y.

Banking should simply provide a lubricant for the transaction process.

So you are wrong!

But free trade is all about producing goods at the cheapest possible prices and exploiting natural resources. Even though we can produce say cars for instance a multinational will move its operations to where labour is cheapest. You make out that free trade is some kind of benevolent idea. Look at the world its a mess or are you going to tell me about trickle down theory.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
..........and create global unemployment on a scale never seen before.

Its about finding a system that treats all people fairly. You see I understand why people come here and why the governments want them. They have raped there own land creating poverty unemployment and oppression. The government only support immigration as a source of cheap labour to push down wages and stuff the social consequences.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Griffin has just said that the audience was unfair as it came from London, which is no longer an 'English' city.

its a f***ing world city sucking in migrants like theres no tomorrow, and has seen massive levels of white flight of its more traditional communities since the 70's. you cannot really argue with him on that one.

Its not about looking back is it? Its about attempting to create a better future for the world with new ideas.

Well if you say the world is in a mess, it kind of assumes that there was once a time when it was tidy. I'd be interested to know when you think that time was as maybe we can learn from history?

So this new future with new ideas, you're not referring to the BNP with that are you?

its a f***ing world city sucking in migrants like theres no tomorrow, and has seen massive levels of white flight of its more traditional communities since the 70's. you cannot really argue with him on that one.

Yep, it one great world city, probably the most diverse population in the world, whilst issues such as crime and more importantly the failure to catch criminals are an issue, the unfriendlyness of some Londoners but I feel mainly this is other Brits maskerading as Londoners is annoying.

It has a great moving vibe, buzz, it now has a balance of culture, good public realm, its a city that people can have pride in and it makes a fine Capital for the UK for the 21st Century.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
It has a great moving vibe, buzz, it now has a balance of culture, good public realm, its a city that people can have pride in and it makes a fine Capital for the UK for the 21st Century.

It is a fantastic city. I am sure there are places where some people prefer not to live - but particularly for younger people - it is a exciting pleasure.

Milton Keynes Seagull

Sep 28, 2003
Milton Keynes
Yep, it one great world city, probably the most diverse population in the world, whilst issues such as crime and more importantly the failure to catch criminals are an issue, the unfriendlyness of some Londoners but I feel mainly this is other Brits maskerading as Londoners is annoying.

I wonder why there is so much crime in London, gang warfare, shootings, muggings and anti-white racism. That's the price we have to pay for being enriched I suppose.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath

there are vast swathes of london that are crime ridden shitholes LC , where you live being a case in point,you can go on about buzz and vibe all you like, but the facts speak for themselves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports