Are you watching Question Time tonight ?.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you watching question time tonight ?.

• Yes

Votes: 95 78.5%
  • I have to wash my hair

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • I will be in bed

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • No

Votes: 17 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I don't know all of them, from what I have seen here in the NW they are out of their depth, and to be fair, some of them have admitted it.

If they are out of their depth as a local representative then things would be far worse as a national representative.

You know as well as I do that I have analysed the BNP economic manifesto and it is at odds with established economic theory, has not been costed out, and IMO will create higher prices, less choice, higher unemployment, and cause an acceleration of the recession.

The financial services sector makes up over 30% of GDP, and under a BNP government this sector would quickly move overseas, so how they intend to make up the contribution from this sector is beyond me.

The BNP will never make government so it's slightly irrelevant. They are more about making a stand and have votes by people doing the same. This needs to be addressed by the main parties. It's easy to tear BNP apart but no one last night acknowledged the support they have.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
n725036355_2826386_1791705.jpg

n725036355_2826387_668043.jpg

n725036355_2826385_7855912.jpg
can we have names to these faces ??

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The BNP will never make government so it's slightly irrelevant. They are more about making a stand and have votes by people doing the same. This needs to be addressed by the main parties. It's easy to tear BNP apart but no one last night acknowledged the support they have.

Your admission that they are not a credible government is fair, and the fact they have some support proves that people are unhappy. I don't dispute that.

The success of the BNP is down to its activist. The BNP do well in areas where they have the numbers to leaflet and knock on doors. If you want to change things get of your arse and do something.

Correct to a degree, but again it is also due to the global recession, the rise of Islamic extremism, the expenses scandal, decades of mismanagement of UK border controls, rising concern over violent crime etc etc etc... Also, you could knock on every door in Belgravia everyday but I don't think you'll get many BNP votes on the back of it so clearly there are many other issues at play.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Is that the established ecomomic theory where an elite control the majority of the worlds wealth bringing poverty and death to the so called developing world. Which has lead this country into a recession.

No it isn't. The cause of the global recession was poor regulation of banking services, it was not due to free trade.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
people are unhappy. see its this sort of language that gets us no where.

people are f***ing livid. thats why you get a million votes for the bnp. not that people are 'thick chavs', they feel 'marginalised' or 'the bnp prey on their dissatisfactions'. people are f***ing fuming about their country changing at a rate of knots they cannot cope with, and there are plenty of cnts telling them to shut the f*** up and be nice.

whether its due to housing pressure, access to services or just that they dont like feargals, is not the point. look at straw yesterday. couldnt even bring himself to discuss it. thats why people are so f***ing angry and voting for parties full of divs who do nazi salutes.

whether we go further down this road that leads to the eventual balkanisation of the UK, or slow it down and draw breath, is the issue. the rest is window dressing. because many people arent coping. lying about it wont help.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
Correct to a degree, but again it is also due to the global recession, the rise of Islamic extremism, the expenses scandal, decades of mismanagement of UK border controls, rising concern over violent crime etc etc etc... Also, you could knock on every door in Belgravia everyday but I don't think you'll get many BNP votes on the back of it so clearly there are many other issues at play.

Wouldn't argue with any of that. With the issues you have mentioned. What has been done by the government.

Isn't it only rich Arabs and Russian's that live in Belgravia now?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not ploughed through this thread, but my take on last nights show...

I thought it did Griffin and the BNP no favours, and exposed him for the dangerous crackpot he undoubtedly is. Someone in the audience referred to him as being a "wolf in sheeps clothing", which I thought was spot on. He moderates his policies to come across as more mainstream and electable, but the underlying bigotry of his ideologies always come back to haunt him from his past activities. Then he either flat-out denies it, or comes out with some guff about having "changed his views" since then. Per-leeease. The one laugh out loud moment came when he described a former leader of the KKK as being "almost totally non-violent". That one cracked me up. But he also came out with some simple headline crowd-pleasers that will resonate with some of the electorate. "We'll pull out of Iraq and Afghanistan and "no sex education, gay or wotherwise in primary schools" could well strike a chord with some disaffected people who don't bother really looking into what the BNP is about, but have been turned off by the main parties.

As for the rest of the panel. Jack Straw couldn't answer a straight question if you asked him what day it was. His flat refusal to accept that the governments failures on immigration have led to an upsurge in votes for the BNP just flew in the face of logic, and that kind of delusional waffle is exactly the kind of thing that plays straight into the BNP's hands. Some of Straws rhetoric came across as pre-rehearsed grandstanding as well. Bonnie Greer was a waste of time, unhelpfully going back to ice-age and romans to make her convoluted points. Thought Warsi was good though, particularly cutting through Straws blathering on immigration, defining a policy on it and at least calling a spade a spade (no pun intended..). Hune just seemed in competition with Straw to draw a few whoops from the audience.

Overall the whole thing (fairly predictably) descended into a BNP-bashing session focussing entirely on outing him and the BNP as a racist party, so no news there whatsoever. I'm none the wiser on what Griffin would do with the economy, his views on the postal strikes, expenses, cuts to public services etc etc. It was just a "bash Griffin on racism" session, which is fine, but its not really what QT should be about. Then when Dimbleby finally allowed another subject to be raised, it was Stephen bloody Gately !! (and even that then inevitably turned into a BNP's views on gays section).

It was still quite compulsive viewing, but something of a missed opportunity I thought. He should really have been probed more closely on his manifesto on exactly how his party would tackle the OTHER issues facing this country that do not relate back to whether someone is "indigenous" or not.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
people are unhappy. see its this sort of language that gets us no where.

people are f***ing livid. thats why you get a million votes for the bnp. not that people are 'thick chavs', they feel 'marginalised' or 'the bnp prey on their dissatisfactions'. people are f***ing fuming about their country changing at a rate of knots they cannot cope with, and there are plenty of cnts telling them to shut the f*** up and be nice.

whether its due to housing pressure, access to services or just that they dont like feargals, is not the point. look at straw yesterday. couldnt even bring himself to discuss it. thats why people are so f***ing angry and voting for parties full of divs who do nazi salutes.

whether we go further down this road that leads to the eventual balkanisation of the UK, or slow it down and draw breath, is the issue. the rest is window dressing. because many people arent coping. lying about it wont help.
spot on as usual.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yes it was. Free trade could only work if people had money to buy the goods. So the Banks lent the money. They both go hand in hand.

Not strictly correct. It's a combination of having money and the confidence/desire to spend it. There is still a vast amount of people in work and a lot of money being earnt in this country.....people are electing not to spend it though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports