Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you watching Question Time tonight ?.

Are you watching question time tonight ?.

• Yes

Votes: 95 78.5%
  • I have to wash my hair

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • I will be in bed

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • No

Votes: 17 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Milton Keynes Seagull

Sep 28, 2003
Milton Keynes
Depends who calls me in.......in the last few months it has been

Granada
Channel M
Accountancy TV
BBC Radio Manchester
Radio 5 Live

Why?

I was referring to which BNP councillor as you well know. I am fully aware that you have graced the portals of Granada Studios, so have I, how could I ever forget Do I Not Know That! I even wrote a report on it for Gulls Eye 2 I recall.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Nick Griffin showed last night that he is just another politician , you really cant trust any of them. My MEP is Andrew Brons who appears to have scarpered aboard the EU gravy train.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
So El are you saying all BNP councillors are crap?

I don't know all of them, from what I have seen here in the NW they are out of their depth, and to be fair, some of them have admitted it.

If they are out of their depth as a local representative then things would be far worse as a national representative.

You know as well as I do that I have analysed the BNP economic manifesto and it is at odds with established economic theory, has not been costed out, and IMO will create higher prices, less choice, higher unemployment, and cause an acceleration of the recession.

The financial services sector makes up over 30% of GDP, and under a BNP government this sector would quickly move overseas, so how they intend to make up the contribution from this sector is beyond me.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Thanks for the clarification, being middle aged and generally decrepit I am out of touch with modern terminology and still use English as my main source of verbal communication.:wink:

Being a middle aged lecturer I am of course 'down with the kids' :ascarf:

I did also expand some of their Anglo Saxon vocabulary yesterday when a couple started mucking about outside my lecture, it was the nearest I have come to a :flounce: in my professional career.

Milton Keynes Seagull

Sep 28, 2003
Milton Keynes
Being a middle aged lecturer I am of course 'down with the kids' :ascarf:

I did also expand some of their Anglo Saxon vocabulary yesterday when a couple started mucking about outside my lecture, it was the nearest I have come to a :flounce: in my professional career.

Talking about the use of English down the centuries and how the language has changed and modified, is Chaucer still part of the English Literature curriculum?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I was referring to which BNP councillor as you well know. I am fully aware that you have graced the portals of Granada Studios, so have I, how could I ever forget Do I Not Know That! I even wrote a report on it for Gulls Eye 2 I recall.

I do Granada news on local economic issues.

Granada studios is significantly different from the glory days of Do I Not Know That.

The highlight of the show was I think the St Johnstone fans who had manage to drink the hotel they were staying at dry, top lads!

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
I don't know all of them, from what I have seen here in the NW they are out of their depth, and to be fair, some of them have admitted it.

If they are out of their depth as a local representative then things would be far worse as a national representative.

You know as well as I do that I have analysed the BNP economic manifesto and it is at odds with established economic theory, has not been costed out, and IMO will create higher prices, less choice, higher unemployment, and cause an acceleration of the recession.

The financial services sector makes up over 30% of GDP, and under a BNP government this sector would quickly move overseas, so how they intend to make up the contribution from this sector is beyond me.

Is that the established ecomomic theory where an elite control the majority of the worlds wealth bringing poverty and death to the so called developing world. Which has lead this country into a recession.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
You mean as an elected member of the EU Parliament he has gone to Strasbourg and Brussels to do his job?

I thought the whole point in having a MEP was for them to stay at home half the year and claim expenses , occasionally flying executive class and staying in top hotels in Brussels and Strasbourg whilst having their snout in the trough.

Milton Keynes Seagull

Sep 28, 2003
Milton Keynes
I do Granada news on local economic issues.

Granada studios is significantly different from the glory days of Do I Not Know That.

The highlight of the show was I think the St Johnstone fans who had manage to drink the hotel they were staying at dry, top lads!

We stayed at that hotel and we took them on (representing Scotland) and Wrexham (Wales) in a marathon drinking session. The bar tab was limited because the previous weak the Grimsby team had run up a bar bill of £400 quaffing bottles of champagne. They still won their heat though!

I am embarrassed to say the MK Seagulls let England down that night, trying to keep up with Ronnie from St Johnstone was impossible. He was bright as a button on two hours sleep though.

Milton Keynes Seagull

Sep 28, 2003
Milton Keynes
I thought the whole point in having a MEP was for them to stay at home half the year and claim expenses , occasionally flying executive class and staying in top hotels in Brussels and Strasbourg whilst having their snout in the trough.

I share your cynicism about both MEPs and MPs, but there are exceptions. From what I've seen of Brons, regardless of his political persuausion, he at least is trying to do something.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

n725036355_2826386_1791705.jpg

n725036355_2826387_668043.jpg

n725036355_2826385_7855912.jpg

New Labour is to blame for Griffin's success.

This is what annoys me about the margins of political thinking whether it be left or right. No one single reason is to 'blame' for the success of the BNP, just as immigration is not the sole cause of all of this country's ills. Both no doubt are influences but this clear cut, black and white thinking is ignorant, pointless and gets us nowhere.

(pun intended)

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
This is what annoys me about the margins of political thinking whether it be left or right. No one single reason is to 'blame' for the success of the BNP, just as immigration is not the sole cause of all of this country's ills. Both no doubt are influences but this clear cut, black and white thinking is ignorant, pointless and gets us nowhere.

(pun intended)

The success of the BNP is down to its activist. The BNP do well in areas where they have the numbers to leaflet and knock on doors. If you want to change things get of your arse and do something.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here