Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you watching Question Time tonight ?.

Are you watching question time tonight ?.

• Yes

Votes: 95 78.5%
  • I have to wash my hair

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • I will be in bed

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • No

Votes: 17 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
anyone who thought Griffin came out well either wasnt watching, deluded or already a supporter. yes, he was set upon by the others, Dimbleby and the audience, but he when it came down to it he failed to dissuade the common view he is a racist bigot.

yes, i'm sure some of his policies chime with groups in the country and Straw in particular failed to present an alternative to the concerns around immigration. but importantly, i reckon any young voters watching that would probably recognise BNP isnt the way to go either. portraying himself as the moderate face of the far right will just highlight that the rest is very vile.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Now I can see why our board Nazi might support that bloke - but Coventry - you always come over as a fairly intelligent bloke - why do you put so much time and effort into standing up for Griffin ?

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Dumbleby's a stuck up, blithering fool. Couldn't adjudicate a debate to save his life - which is what he is supposed to be doing on QT.

Griffin shot himself in the foot by backtracking spectacularly, which he will never recover from. He may retain voters from that display but I doubt seriously he will gain any.

Straw et al were allowed carte blanche to chew on Griffin's neck. A shameful display interspersed by some salient points which Dumbleby cut short.

Since when did the BBC create the news?

What a shower of shite - like a playground fight.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It started off well enough but soon became a dissapointment. Clearly the objective of the show was for everyone to give him a good shoeing. Ok, there's not much wrong with that but the ganging up on him like a bunch of schoolyard kids was pathetic. The other 4panelists were never held to account for their woeful inadequacies except Straw once and he bottled it. Clearly the BBC after the amount of complaints against the BNP being allowed on had an agenda of just kicking Griffin including Dimbleby and an audience which appeared to have maybe 2 BNP supporters stuck in the top right who applauded a couple of times.

I actually agreed with some of Griffins comments about the Koran and Islam and if people from those cultures live here they should respect that we are largely a Christian country and not impose their views on us.

Most of his other stuff was bollocks but we knew that anyway.

There was little to actually try and understand why the BNP have 1 000 000 supporters and those who support them will not be put off by last night and they may actually get a few more who found the bullying of the odd boy distasteful.

LABHA

Feb 9, 2009
Littlehampton,Wick actually
because the other parties are shit,who cant control our country properly,and allow the immagration problem to get like it has,people are saying,"well bnp cant do any worse" the black guy from the crowd asked this to jack straw,and he squirmed like a baby,all the time mr bnp was grinning his nuts off,as he knows its true,so,fact is,if other parties did better job,they would not have any problem pulling in the votes.

im not bnp/racist, in favour of him either,im just stating the truth.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
You could tell the way this was going to go when the main item on the 6pm news was the invasion of the BBC TV Centre. This was just a massive audience grabbing exercise.

QT itself was well below average - most of the questions were directed at the BNP/Griffin and it was 5 v 1 throughout. Even the 'tame' question (about The Daily Mail and Gateley) became an investigation into the BNP views on homosexuality. Despite all that, Griffin still managed to do badly - he seemed to be squirming when answering questions. He also had a ridiculous grin that he used when listening to points - it made him look like an imbecile.

I wonder how much longer his own party will put up with him.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
I actually agreed with some of what griffin said. I would never vote for them becuase of what they stand for and where they come from, but in some areas he made sense.

One point Griffin said In regards to seeing two blokes kissing, "creepy"...I 100% agree....im not mr homophobic and have a reletive who is gay.......but on that comment it caused people to start shouting at him....I thought we had freedom of speech.

People were quick to jump down his throat and gang up on him...a little like on here when people dont agree...but thats part of being contraversial and Griffin must take that.....

The problem I have with tories and labour is they just spin lies and nonsence and everything they think we want to hear...instead of just being honest and opening up to the hard core facts....and I for one and am sick of theri bullshit.....but unlike the 1 million....I wont be running to BNP...I just wont vote as its just a vicious circle of greedy lying public school boys.....scoffing on their cake!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
You could tell the way this was going to go when the main item on the 6pm news was the invasion of the BBC TV Centre. This was just a massive audience grabbing exercise.

QT itself was well below average - most of the questions were directed at the BNP/Griffin and it was 5 v 1 throughout. Even the 'tame' question (about The Daily Mail and Gateley) became an investigation into the BNP views on homosexuality. Despite all that, Griffin still managed to do badly - he seemed to be squirming when answering questions. He also had a ridiculous grin that he used when listening to points - it made him look like an imbecile.

I wonder how much longer his own party will put up with him.

Whatever you think of him and his policitcs you have to say the bloke had some brass bollocks for coming on. He had 5 people on the panel and 99.9% of the audience baying for his blood. I think anyone would have been wriggling and squirming in their seat don't you ?.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Whatever you think of him and his policitcs you have to say the bloke had some brass bollocks for coming on. He had 5 people on the panel and 99.9% of the audience baying for his blood. I think anyone would have been wriggling and squirming in their seat don't you ?.

This is the job he has chosen for himself. Who knows how it will play out with the electorate - but you would have thought he would be able to stand up for his views (past and present) better than he did.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
His views are largely repellant but it must be hard to do that when the whole panel and audience are shouting you down as soon as you start and have made their minds up before he speaks.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Anyway SUPER DAVE will be leading us next May so its all an irrelevant sideshow.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing

Not in the slightest. He must have known what it was going to be like and, I would assume, had practiced his reactions. If he actually thought he was going on to talk about the post strike or MPs expenses then he really is some sort of idiot (which many on here insist he isn't).

He also should have been warned about using that ridiculous grin when listening to criticism.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
His views are largely repellant but it must be hard to do that when the whole panel and audience are shouting you down as soon as you start and have made their minds up before he speaks.

I thought he was given fair chance to speak - and the audience was largely quiet when he spoke.

He was interrupted a lot - but Dimbleby is a pillock who appeared to love the cheers.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
QT itself was well below average - most of the questions were directed at the BNP/Griffin and it was 5 v 1 throughout.

But this is often the case when they have 'topical' or controversial panelists on the program. It is not new for Question Time to be geared towards a particular person and/or a particular topic.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Reading back through the posts today, its clear to see from Das,LABHA,BYF, even Lord B and Uncle Spielberg and myself and various others that the BNP do have points which appeal to the voters even if the majority of us would never vote for them, because we are not stupid looking at there grand plan. However the point which QT missed is why the other parties are not answering these concerns or issues which rightly or wrongly people have. Its labours, tories, and every other parties fault people have to turn to the BNP to get heard or feel there is someone who is also concerned about these flamable subjects such as some Islamic views on women, immigration, poverty, I feel its down to the working class loosing its identity and self respect it once had and the so called white working class are castigated as thugs,white van man, chavs etc etc in the media at evry turn. They may very well be,but these people used to be labour voters and have been abandoned as labour go in search of new right on politically correct votes.

Thats just a working class blokes point of view, for what its worth..............Which is not alot eh.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I actually agreed with some of what griffin said. I would never vote for them becuase of what they stand for and where they come from, but in some areas he made sense.

One point Griffin said In regards to seeing two blokes kissing, "creepy"...I 100% agree....im not mr homophobic and have a reletive who is gay.......but on that comment it caused people to start shouting at him....I thought we had freedom of speech.

People were quick to jump down his throat and gang up on him...a little like on here when people dont agree...but thats part of being contraversial and Griffin must take that.....

The problem I have with tories and labour is they just spin lies and nonsence and everything they think we want to hear...instead of just being honest and opening up to the hard core facts....and I for one and am sick of theri bullshit.....but unlike the 1 million....I wont be running to BNP...I just wont vote as its just a vicious circle of greedy lying public school boys.....scoffing on their cake!

:clap::clap::clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here