Are you watching Question Time tonight ?.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you watching question time tonight ?.

• Yes

Votes: 95 78.5%
  • I have to wash my hair

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • I will be in bed

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • No

Votes: 17 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Large influx of immigrants into their local communities.
That's not the reason people vote BNP.

They see the accumulation of huge wealth in pockets of society and see politicians of all the mainstream parties accepting this without question. People who are experiencing no relief from the hopelessness of their own circumstances inevitably look to alternatives.

As a convinced fascist, Griffin likes to imagine that his anti-immigration stance is what wins his party votes. But he's wrong.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire

They see the accumulation of huge wealth in pockets of society and see politicians of all the mainstream parties accepting this without question. People who are experiencing no relief from the hopelessness of their own circumstances inevitably look to alternatives.

As a convinced fascist, Griffin likes to imagine that his anti-immigration stance is what wins his party votes. But he's wrong.

I don't disgree with that comment. Sometimes the BNP push immigration too much in their propoganda. I said as much to Collet the other night. Its a combination of both.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I think you will find that some asian and west indians are sympathetic to the BNP.

Yes, very clever. I was reading quite an interesting article about Griffins style of debate and you come very close.

Where they exist there are very few. They are Jews in London who deny the existence of an Israeli state.

People with very odd views exist everywhere, yourself being a case in point.

I don't disgree with that comment. Sometimes the BNP push immigration too much in their propoganda. I said as much to Collet the other night. Its a combination of both.
But the reason that the BNP leadership "push immigration" is that they are convinced fascists.

Very few of the million or so voters that turned out to elect a couple of them to the European Parliament share that ideological conviction.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
Yes, very clever. I was reading quite an interesting article about Griffins style of debate and you come very close.

Where they exist there are very few. They are Jews in London who deny the existence of an Israeli state.

People with very odd views exist everywhere, yourself being a case in point.

I wouldn't say my views were odd. True they are not mainstream. They are not even those of the BNP but I do know personally some asians and west indians that have some sympathy for the BNP.

To be compared to Nick is a high honour indeed.:ohmy:

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
But the reason that the BNP leadership "push immigration" is that they are convinced fascists.

Very few of the million or so voters that turned out to elect a couple of them to the European Parliament share that ideological conviction.

You asked them?

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire

I thought fascist supported a dictatorship. I don't see that on the BNP website. I think they bang on about immigration because its lazy politics. Most people are concerned about immigration and everyone knows where the BNP stand on that. So its time for them to move on and develope their other policies. There is a nice little clip talking about global warming in the EU parliament. I disagree with his comments but it is those ideas that need to be pushed now.

The one thing that disappointed me tonight was that I wanted to hear him take part in a normal question time.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It was good to see a bit of edge to QT tonight. I thought Griffin did OK, there were a couple of times when the cracks appeared and he began to rant and lose control, but luckily for him Dimbleby seemed to move on before he was properly exposed.

I agree with some earlier comments about the audience. Putting the debate in London with Griffin sat in between two ethnic ladies was also going to keep a lid on things and you wonder how things might have gone if the show had come live from Burnley.

The Tory Baroness was good, I thought Straw mirrored his party perfectly - bumbling and stumbling, not addressing the issues or listening to the people.

Overall, I think the night's been a good one for the BNP but also good for political debate too. I got the feeling that Nick Griffin was having a bit of a 'Gerry Adams' moment, i.e. taking centre stage in a mainstream political debate and instantly regretting some of the excesses of previous comments and actions.

The big question now is will the BNP moderate some of its extreme views and policies in order to broaden its appeal?

I thought fascist supported a dictatorship. I don't see that on the BNP website.
That's because they are so far from achieving any real power that there is no point in being honest about their fundamentally anti-democratic position.

If they ever get a foot in the door of the real world of power politics, they would change very quickly. Their biggest enemy is democracy itself - I would confidently expect the party leadership to follow the classic fascist argument. Mussolini invoked nationalism as a justification for destroying democracy - the rightful "destiny of the Italian people" was being held back by the "fallacy of democracy". The BNP would take the same line.

auschr

Apr 19, 2009
USA
He did make a decent point about Islam treating women as second class citizens. However, I am (pretty sure) he was claiming Islam was a 'wicked and vicious' faith, whereas there are varying degrees of Islam.

I am sure there are varying degrees of the KKK

I am sure there are varying degrees of the KKK
Indeed there are:-

1) K-Uno, the probationary Order of Citizenship.

(2) K-Duo, the Knights Kamellia, primary Order of Knighthood.

(3) K-Trio, Knights of the Great Forest, the Order of American Chivalry.

(4) K-Quad, Knights of the Midnight Mystery, Superior Order of Knighthood and Spiritual Philosophies.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Rubbish, they vote BNP purely on immigration

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
This seems like lets just attack griffin, I thought it was question time ie regarding current issues which is why the BNP got a million votes, the reasons not just attack him its a million people who voted for him, what a complete waste no one is asking why they are voting for him and why the other parties are not appealing to those million people.

Didn't watch the whole program but from the clips I saw that was the impression I got. It certainly won't change my already low opinion of politicians one iota.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports