Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you stoned enough to vote Tory?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
You would need to be stoned to vote for any of the major parties, to vote labour however you would need to be stoned and have severe Dementia.

Am I the only one who remembers 2008 and the debacle they presided over or did I dream it?

More like a nightmare. Useless.

You would need to be stoned to vote for any of the major parties, to vote labour however you would need to be stoned and have severe Dementia.

Am I the only one who remembers 2008 and the debacle they presided over or did I dream it?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Sorry, the Labour party "presided over" a world financial crisis precipitated by sub-prime morthgage lending in the USA? I think you may be overestimating the importance of our political parties ...

No they couldn't of done because I remember Gordon Brown telling us "boom and bust" had been eliminated. So the current bust must be a figment of our imagination.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No they couldn't of done because I remember Gordon Brown telling us "boom and bust" had been eliminated. So the current bust must be a figment of our imagination.

It's them mind bending drugs. You're hearing things :smile:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
How about buying some new-fangled digital currency that will be worthless/stolen/illegal in a few months time?

What sort of fool would do that?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Surprised no one on this thread is CAP LOCKS raging yet. LOL!
It's a miracle!

I predict cannabis will be legal in the UK within 5 years, regardless of which party is in control
Governments being honest about drugs and their effects is long overdue, and we're not close to it yet.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I will vote for anyone if they promise to give me drugs.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It's a miracle!

Governments being honest about drugs and their effects is long overdue, and we're not close to it yet.

Probably will never happen. We currently have one licensed drug, alcohol and in order for it to remain legal there is a whole raft of laws to keep it in check re driving,flying an airplane, driving a train etc and the legal methods and procedures for checking. So, we legalise certain drugs, Rozzers would need to have to carry extra machines to test type and level of drugs. How would you know if your taxi driver, train driver, Surgeon or Dentist is just coming down from a 36 hour drug bender when you come in to contact with him ?
It's really not going to happen as too many people will put too much strain on the NHS, and the Police amongst many others.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Probably will never happen. We currently have one licensed drug, alcohol and in order for it to remain legal there is a whole raft of laws to keep it in check re driving,flying an airplane, driving a train etc and the legal methods and procedures for checking. So, we legalise certain drugs, Rozzers would need to have to carry extra machines to test type and level of drugs. How would you know if your taxi driver, train driver, Surgeon or Dentist is just coming down from a 36 hour drug bender when you come in to contact with him ?
It's really not going to happen as too many people will put too much strain on the NHS, and the Police amongst many others.

Prescription medication is licensed drugs. I presume ganja would be kept in check the same way as these?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Prescription medication is licensed drugs. I presume ganja would be kept in check the same way as these?

How do you quantify the strength of each batch, who would be licensed to sell it, how many people would adhere to the small print like " May cause drowsiness, do not drive or operate machinery " ? impossible to legislate. How are the car insursers going to feel about a legal use of drugs ? It's taken about 40 years to make drink driving a thing of shame rather than being a " jack the Lad " laugh. I could go on but parliament would tie itself up for years .

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
More tax for bombs will make you feel safe whilst getting stoned. Vote Blue today!

Last edited:

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Few people disagree that cannabis should be legalised. Polls usually ends up between 60-90% in favour of legalisation, including in right-wing rags such as the Daily Mail and Telegraph.

It will absolutely win a lot of votes from the millions of people who are passionate about cannabis, but only if they are the only party to pledge to legalise it. However I suspect as soon as the first party suggests it, the rest will follow.

I predict cannabis will be legal in the UK within 5 years, regardless of which party is in control - and it will result in significantly less crime, fewer cannabis users, thousands of jobs and a massive tax revenue.

Regardless of the pros and cons of the argument for legalising cannabis,I just cannot see it being legalised in this country for many a year.
Blimey,some of the medical lobby get hysterical if you drink more than 3 or 4 units of alcohol a day.Too many obstacles in the way to legalise it for quite some time,I reckon.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Another policy the Tories have poached from the Monster Raving Loony Party ?

Thanks for the thumbs down Notters , decriminalising the smoking of cannabis has been in the MRLP manifesto since 2005.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Well I've never had much confidence with "Think Tanks" in the past. As a rule I don't give the Tories credit for very much at all. However this is one very smart move, clearly Cam and Ossy have considered that getting us stoned out of our brains we will actually believe we are better off !
I've never smoked, but I do like the occasional fairy cake. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here