Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you happy with Ulloa out and O'Grady in?

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I feel there is a big signing around the corner to replace Ulloa so i do not see O'grady as a direct replacement for him. I just cant see TB, PB & DB making us weaker than we was last season. TB is a fan like us and anyone who don't think he as our best interest at heart is, quite frankly, DELUDED.

With some of the comments on this board over the last few weeks any one would think that TB wants us to fail. I really don't get it, we are in very good hands. Rome was not built in a day and there needs to be more patients in what we are trying to achieve or more people wearing nappies to bed.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm genuinely reasonably pleased. I suspect we got the best out of Ulloa and on returning from injury, he really was a shadow of his former self. And O'Grady looks like a smart move. Decent strike ratio at a relegated club, I think he'll step up and want to prove himself at a bigger club. The other thing I'd say is that I'd MUCH rather have O'Grady than Sam Baldock.

The only reason I wouldn't be happy is if it turned out that was our striker business concluded. We do need another competent striker. Becchio would be decent, but I'd be happy enough if we raided Spain, Germany or even France for a decent second division striker I've never heard of. They seem to be far better value for money in second divisions abroad.

Last edited:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I'm genuinely reasonably pleased. I suspect we got the best out of Ulloa and on returning from injury, he really was a shadow of his former self. And O'Grady looks like a smart move. Decent strike ratio at a relegated club, I think he'll step up and want to prove himself at a bigger club.

The only reason I wouldn't be happy is if it turned out that was our striker business concluded. We do need another competent striker. Becchio would be decent, but I'd be happy enough if we raided Spain, Germany or even France for a decent second division striker I've never heard of. They seem to be far better value for money in second divisions abroad.

This with my c*ck in it's a*s

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Does anybody else think that Leo never really re-captured his best form after his injury. Always seemed hesitant afterwards. So answer is yes, happy with cash for Leo

Beaten to it 2 posts above, damned work.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
From the Argus
The much-travelled 28-year-old is not a direct replacement for Leo Ulloa, who is on the verge of joining Leicester for a fee in excess of £7 million.

The Seagulls were already tracking O'Grady, 28, to boost manager Sami Hyypia's striking options.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here