Are you happy with Ulloa out and O'Grady in?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
And if being happy means you get bedwetters thinking you are going to be relegated giving you a thumbs down, then it further makes me happy.

Of course they will all hopefully end up with egg on their faces next may when we get Promoted.

Oh yes I'd be gutted if we went up obviously :ffsparr:

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Getting back to the original question, I'll take it. If Ulloa wanted to go then there was simply no point hanging on to him and £7 million is very good business. If O'Grady managed 15 goals in a poor team then there is probably something there worth pursuing. Our scouting team took an age to land Ulloa so I'll assume that something similar has been taking place with O'Grady.

Also, I am optimistic that CMS will be in the goals this season. He's been finding the net pre-season so I'm hopeful that Sami will find a way to deploy him that suits his skills.

I might be wrong of course.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Funnily enough, I think some on here would be so they couldn't moan (and judging by your comments you may be one of them).

My comments? What exactly are my comments friend?

From my perspective I'm saying that we're now getting to a point where any new signings will have less than half a preseason to bed in, and we are still missing a few key members of our squad. On top that, we seem to be selling our best striker and getting in another striker that is statistically proven to be poorer. I never said he was a straight replacement, those words were put into my mouth. But the fact remains that selling a striker with a far better record and signing one with a far worse one is not good news, fact.

Edit: For the record, I'm also one of those people that were happy with the Hughes signing, were telling everyone to chill out three weeks ago and generally delighted in Samis appointment.

Right now I'm worried, and I think I have that right.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
My comments? What exactly are my comments friend?

From my perspective I'm saying that we're now getting to a point where any new signings will have less than half a preseason to bed in, and we are still missing a few key members of our squad. On top that, we seem to be selling our best striker and getting in another striker that is statistically proven to be poorer. I never said he was a straight replacement, those words were put into my mouth. But the fact remains that selling a striker with a far better record and signing one with a far worse one is not good news, fact.

I'd say talking about a lack of ambition and possible relegation is moaning. Don't know what you'd call them.

As for statistically proven, O'Grady record at Barnsley is pretty similar to Ulloa's at Albion and he got one more goal last season at a relegated team.

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
****ing pathetic we buy new st then get rid of our star players then replace him with a ****ing lg 1 player !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Yes..

Like Ward, Connor, Saunders, Byrne, Nelson, Zamora, Knight, Murray, Leo, <insertnextstarhere>

If only we could sign someone of the calibre of those in this list there wouldn't be too many moaners on here. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
Heaven forbid some of us might moan at the truly mouthwatering prospect of signing Chris O'f@cking'Grady. We don't all have to like it.

What happened to Baldock? You'd get far less moaning with that signing, a player who has proved that he can consistently score goals throughout his career. Has COG? My eye he has.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
So for the record...

Anyone who has any kind of worry in the way we are doing our business and our investment in the squad wants us to get relegated and loves to moan moan moan.

Anyone who has 100% total blind faith in whatever they're told are the true fans and bastions of light on NSC?

:clap:

Inb4HawkThumbsDown

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I can't be bothered to search but I bet everything I own that some of the same people who are spitting feathers about these two transfers are those that were slagging Leo off on here towards the end of the season.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Feel really depressed about this tonight. Nothing against O'Grady but he is a journeyman footballer with a pretty average record in leagues 1 & 2. Why waste the money on him, however cheap he might be. Barrel and scraping spring to mind. Things must be a lot worse behind the scenes financially than we realised. Save the money TB - O'Grady is not worth pursuing - I'd rather Fenelon was given a chance to be honest.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm wondering if this deal means we will be more willing to match the wage demands for Stephen Ward.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I'll happily pack Ulloa's suitcase for £7m+, but not convinced with Barnsleh's finest coming in. Pull your finger out Bloom...

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
So for the record...

Anyone who has any kind of worry in the way we are doing our business and our investment in the squad wants us to get relegated and loves to moan moan moan.

Anyone who has 100% total blind faith in whatever they're told are the true fans and bastions of light on NSC?

:clap:

Inb4HawkThumbsDown

Where has anyone said they have 100% faith? Most people have been saying see how it goes. See which players we sign with the Ulloa money. We may even have a few lined up. Give the club a chance to sign players and see what team we have ready for the start of the season. Or you could just moan all the time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports