Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you happy with the signing of Liam Rosenior?

Are you happy with the signing of Liam Rosenior?

• Yes

Votes: 300 89.8%
  • Meh

Votes: 25 7.5%
  • No

Votes: 9 2.7%

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Come on ICY. Get off the fence :)

I can't be anywhere else as I can't recall seeing him play, but from everyone else's reaction it seems we have landed a good 'un. He certainly sounds very enthusiastic and up for it from the Argus interview today. Bit worrying that his father said he'd drive him here himself when Hughton showed interest, that's normally a negative on here :lolol:

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Voted yes, can't see why anybody wouldn't be. Good experienced full back and seems like a very popular bloke from what I've read on Hull forum and papers.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Very happy with the signing of Liam, we might not be signing players as fast as some people would like but I'm convinced it's because we're looking for quality over quantity this summer.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Have to say that it's a decent signing,we need to bring in quality and that maybe takes more time, we may not got everyone we want in and patience will be needed. It could take a couple of seasons to get back to challenging at the top, a few more good players in this window and we could be pushing top ten

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Perfect analogy of how most Hull fans are feeling this morning
e66c47efad51787375a8323f43c1ec08.jpg

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Very happy with the signing of Liam, we might not be signing players as fast as some people would like but I'm convinced it's because we're looking for quality over quantity this summer.

What convinces you of that... is it our snail-like recruitment pace and 'high-quality' signings of last summer?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I'm very pleased with the signing of Liam. Just one problem at the moment, we probably need about another 5 of this quality before the season starts (not the end of the window) to get back to the right end of the table.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
On reflection - two things that have made me happy about this signing this morning.

1. Liam was part of the famous 1-0 Hull squad that was promoted to the Prem a few years ago - that defence was tighter than a duck's A which it needed to be because they scored very few goals.

2. Brian Leniham - We have right back revenge!

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
Signing Liam gives us a little bit more time to find a left back as he can play left back for the first few games of the season if it takes us until the window closes to find a player for that position. I am sure LR will play right back and we will sign a new left back, maybe even a permanent signing!!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Assuming we couldn't talk Zabaleta out of his Man City contract, then I guess I'm happy with this as second choice.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Very happy indeed with the signing of an experienced defender
I'm also happy that it came completely out of the blue

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Not sure how you can be unhappy. He's played a lot of games at this level and above and is still only 30. Very experienced defender and Hull fans seem genuinely gutted that they released him. Will be interesting to see if we do sign another full back and use him at right back or if he's our first choice left back but I'd say he's a definite step up from Bennett last season at left back if the latter.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I'm very pleased with the signing of Liam. Just one problem at the moment, we probably need about another 5 of this quality before the season starts (not the end of the window) to get back to the right end of the table.

But you have to start somewhere. I was starting to feel a bit fed up with our lack of transfer activity before this but, if Rosenior is a sign of the quality we're going to bring in, then it's going to be a much better season this year.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
It's very good news - rather unexpected - and hopefully the start of a number of similar signings that clearly demonstrate in real terms that we won't have to endure another season like the last one.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Hull let him go - does that give anyone a clue?

Teams let good players go for any number of reasons. Do you not think most of the league wonders why we let Cook and Elphick go? But at the time (as many people have told me on other threads...) we had good reason to not require their services at that time. That is why there is a transfer market. You need a balanced squad, perhaps Hull have too many defenders, or talented youngsters coming through and need some space in the wage bill.

Does that give you a clue? :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here