Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you happy with the progress ?

cpfc71

Dec 1, 2012
You mean like the infestation of Palace trolls that were not around in August. I can see why you want to make the point.

not really. We actually had some good banter with Bobby. Kinda friendly, you know ? Doesn't seem to be an option here. Never mind.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
the trouble for cristals is there closeness to alot more fashionable clubs who are already up and running

we're talking 2012 now,so don't take this the wrong way,your stadium is shite

if you do go up,which geniune premiership players that you have now,will want to stay?

we lost elliot bennett to norwich for example

in a way,you going up could be the worst thing that could happen to your club at the moment,look at pompey

we're lucky,the stadium is already there and we're just far enough from the london clubs not to steal all our supporters

we have half a chance,realistically,i think we're be a ping pong premiership club,but i'd settle for that

as for the cristals,i just don't know,shame for you the olympic stadium wasn't built in south london

there's chelsea,arsenal,west ham could really take off

look how difficult it's been for others,even spurs are a long way behind arsenal in terms of progress

i do worry for the cristals,you are on a crest of a wave at the moment,but waves tend to come crashing down

hope i'm wrong,because i love the rivalry,it will always be the cristals and hopefully that will continue way into the 21st century!

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
not really. We actually had some good banter with Bobby. Kinda friendly, you know ? Doesn't seem to be an option here. Never mind.

You mean this type of "good" "kinda friendly" banter is not an option:

You've got to be the saddest, most bitter prick in football.
He's the original bet welcher far before Seaside and his constant trolling has led many others to join this board.

Oh hang on. It apparently is allowed. I suppose it is kinda friendly. Depending on your definition of friendly.

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
Well I will try and respond with the same biased that the Palace Troll stated.....

Point 1
CMS is by far a better option than Murray,

You are completely deluded. Last year, with the system we were playing, I didn't get Murray. This year with two wingers and a strong midfield supplying him, he is a completely different proposition. A truely class act. As for CMS? Clearly not a bad player but nothing more than that. I would have Murray over him any day.

Point 2

Support, are you happy with your ever decreasing support base ? and I know it has been mentioned before but we have larger away support than Palace for years, check the facts, even when we were in div 1, and much better home than you without the help of Groupon, Kids for a quid etc, so happy with that progress

Our current support is poor considering where we are in the league, no denying that. BUT...It is not ever decreasing, it is in fact increasing. Allbeit slowly. But I would still take our support over the JCL's that are more interested in catching the early train home from your wonderful inaccessible stadium.

Point 3

Ground, yes its the best ground in the Championship, yours is the worst, so yes happy with that progress.

Good ground, but in a shit location with quite the worst access to any away ground that I have experienced. I'm pleased I don't have to put up with that every other week

Point 4

Noise and fans -an Eagle that is frightend of Seagulls,

That was hilarious! :smile:

Point 5

Attendance - Happy to make a bet with you, that our crowds will be above yours for the next 10 years, so happy with that progress

Don't see how you can say this. If we stay in the Championship then yes, you will probably have a higher attendance for a few years. BUT..We aren't looking too bad for a realistic shot at automatic promotion are we?. That will see the crowd thing that you are all so obsessed with becoming less of an issue

Point 6

Manager - Yes happy with him as he has turned the club around in the 3 years he has been here, we play lovely football, had success on a sensible budget and not playing silly money on wages (Murray ??). Yes he will go one day to a bigger club but he will have left us a much better team and structure. I suppose we could have a scottish traitor who 'would never leave the club as I am legend' or a Wurzell, So happy with that progress.

Well I think we have done quite well out of the manager roundabout. Just check the Bolton forums to see what they think of our Dougie. I think we have come out of that rather well. Poyet....hmm. I would rather have an English manager with vast experience of managing in the English leagues and being rather good at getting teams promoted than a South American who has done none of that other than taking a team out of a weak League 1.

In summary our progress over the past 15 years is remarkable, I stood on the terrace at Hereford and prayed that we would not go out of the leauge and business, in that time we have played at a ground 85 miles away and survived on 2/3000 crowds, built a temp stadium to get back to the city and communuity, paid our way, sold all our best players, had 3 championships and 1 play off win, then built a wonderful new stadium, with 18,000 STO, then after one year, expanded the ground and now have 23,000 STO. I actually call that the best progress of any club in the leauge, so happy with that one.

Yeah, been there and done that with some of the above. I'm pleased you are still here.

Think when you troll, I suggest you try a better subject where Palace can at least be close to us on, I am affraid Progress as a football club is something that you are miles behind us. But good try.

You talk about progress but all you have been trying to do is emulate what we have been achieving for the last few decades ie. being a solid championship/Premier league team. you are now approaching at least half of that. Come back with the above statement once you have experienced the PL and then perhaps it will have some validity.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You talk about progress but all you have been trying to do is emulate what we have been achieving for the last few decades ie. being a solid championship/Premier league team. you are now approaching at least half of that. Come back with the above statement once you have experienced the PL and then perhaps it will have some validity.

Hmm, living beyond your means resulting in two administrations is hardly something to brag about unless you are a Pompey or Palace fan.

I am however extremely proud that taking into account that we have been shat on from a great height, played home games for 2 years 200 miles round trip from Brighton and played at an athletics track for nearly 10 years and are now in a FAR better long term position than you guys. No administrations on the way either :thumbsup:

You guys brush under the carpet your shoddy method of surviving in the Championship. If you'd been ethical you wouldn't have been there for so long, but carry on...but rest assured that we really don't want to emulate your shenanigans

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Maybe you should come back when you admit to having an edge over us because your club f***ed over its creditors a couple of times which gave you an unfair advantage for at least 15 years. That's how you managed your PL YEAR. Come back after 15 years of us being on an even playing field with your precious club and your argument might have some validity. Until then, stop f***ing bragging about your 'achievements' because you didn't pay for any of them. As for emulating what you've 'achieved', I think we'll try and pay our way to success and not emulate you at all if it's all the same to you.

Your 'achievements' mean f*** all to anybody other than you lot.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
3 years ago we were at the arse end of League One. We walked the league the next season and just missed the playoffs last season. We are looking like an established team this season and have played the better football in pretty well all the games I've seen this season, although I did miss the Palace game where we were down to 10 after 8 mins. Our crowds have gone from 6,000 odd to 25,000 and we have a fabulous stadium.

On the negative front, we struggle to close out games and we can't win a game when we go behind. Our midfiled don't score enough and our forwards are misfiring.

Gus is a good manager who makes mistakes and is a bit pigheaded, as he seems a little inflexible with his tactics. He has struggled to replace Murray.

Overall you'd have to be a demanding numpty not to be very happy with the progress that we have made in the last three years. We have reached a plateau but I'm hoping a couple of January signings will help us make the next step.

There are worse places to be than the top half of a very entertaining Championship and promotion is not a priority this season.

I am loving being an Albion fan at the moment and accept that our progress will slow as we try and reach the top flight. There are so many good clubs in this division, we were never going to run away with this league.

Sums it up for me too.

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
Maybe you should come back when you admit to having an edge over us because your club f***ed over its creditors a couple of times which gave you an unfair advantage for at least 15 years. That's how you managed your PL YEAR. Come back after 15 years of us being on an even playing field with your precious club and your argument might have some validity. Until then, stop f***ing bragging about your 'achievements' because you didn't pay for any of them. As for emulating what you've 'achieved', I think we'll try and pay our way to success and not emulate you at all if it's all the same to you.

Your 'achievements' mean f*** all to anybody other than you lot.

We have had more than one year in the PL Bwian. We were founder members of it after all!
BHA is currently living beyond it's means so you have little to brag about there. The only difference is that you have an owner who has the ability to underwrite that and in Jordan we had a bit of a wide boy idiot. The important thing is that we have new owners who are trying to run the club on a sensible budget and we will not find ourselves in the position we did before.

And I don't know why only that section of my post was outside the quote box either!

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
We have had more than one year in the PL Bwian. We were founder members of it after all!
BHA is currently living beyond it's means so you have little to brag about there. The only difference is that you have an owner who has the ability to underwrite that and in Jordan we had a bit of a wide boy idiot. The important thing is that we have new owners who are trying to run the club on a sensible budget and we will not find ourselves in the position we did before.

And I don't know why only that section of my post was outside the quote box either!

I think you need to read up on how our Stadium was financed before you post. We are certainly not living beyond our means. Bloom won't allow that to happen, and it's why we didn't break our wage structure to keep Murray.

As far as Palace are concerned, The AW stand now has 18 months (IE until the end of next season) before it is either shut down, or major work at Selhurst starts. (I was also told by the same Palace fan who told me about the AW,that the Holmsdale is actually sinking, but he said there was actually no proof on that one?) I understand that a move away from SP is now out of the question, so a revamped SP is your only option. Sure, Sainsburys will contribute a large amount, but where will the rest come from? It sure as hell won't come from income received/profits earned as according to your Chairmen, you are running at a £5million loss for the season (is that what you call living within your means?

Will your owners dig deep and pay for the much needed reconstruction of SP? Time will tell.

The other problem that Palace have is that their fan base is moving away from the area around SP. 20, or even 10 years ago, there were loads of locals who would wander up and watch. Now, let's just say the area has changed, and those who have moved in are not so interested in watching football. Palace fans have moved further away, meaning it's much more of an effort to make games, especially evening ones.

As far as our progress is concerned, yep, more than happy. Looks like we're becoming an established Championship club, best ground in the League (and ever improving transport arrangements thank you) and no administrations.

I've been around long enough to know there will be plenty of ups and downs, but long term wise, I know who I'd rather support.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

You still don't get it do you?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
You have hit the nail on the head. We will always sell if the offer is right, and in a way I would like us to take the money for Zaha and get him loaned back for the rest of the season. I would rather that than ever see us go to the wall again, as that was horrible seeing the club you love falling apart.

Some good points well made, and FFS was a mistake, but every club makes them. Bristol City gving us Bolasie for next to nothing too was another HUGE mistake.

Really those administrations must have been awful for you. Tell us more about having your club ripped apart, none of us know how that feels.

Did you really mean to write that on a Brighton forum?

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
Don't pick on him.

He's not very clever.

Yeah, be careful, they will all start blubbing on the BBS again and accuse us nasty Brighton fans of bullying.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
when are you coming back on the HOL then Bobby ? don't forget your bet from earlier this season. details below, if you have forgotten.....

"Ok a bet, I will bet you that Brighton will finish above Palace this year, I will also bet you that CMS will score more goals than Mr Sulky and I will bet you that Wini the diver will be sold in Jan, PM me as I am really off now, I promise"

You do know it is December and non of those bets are not won yet (bit like the league)?

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It's great actually that what was intended as a thread trying to do down the Albion with it's delusion words, has overwhelmingly brought out such positivity.

Well done, Troll :thumbsup:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Oh and to answer the question, i am delighted with where the albion are and are heading......happy days.

Threeagles

Dec 1, 2012
It's great actually that what was intended as a thread trying to do down the Albion with it's delusion words, has overwhelmingly brought out such positivity.

Well done, Troll :thumbsup:

Glad to be of help.

A fair responce by many, won't bother coming back here again as you have proved the point I was making to my work colleagues, we will never agree either way and long may that continue.

This was done to prove a point and I'm happy your fans have also helped me to prove this by using you all as an example.

Mellor 3 Ward 4, thanks for your bright and insightful comments, clearly you are the brains on this forum !

Enjoy the rest of your season, I know I will.

No need to ban me, I have aired my points and some responses have been well made, others just mindless drivvle.

ta ta

And for your fan in Miami, the Patriots will win the superbowl this year, Brady is on fire, look what he did last night...incredible. In fact it was like watching Palace v Brighton..so one sided ! (sorry I had to have one last dig)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here