Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you happy with the progress ?

Threeagles

Dec 1, 2012
Yes I'm a Palace fan....but not one to come on here and gloat about our recent good run of results against you.

I have a few work colleagues who support the shegulls, and they do go on and on about being the better club etc etc. It's like an obsession.

Personally, I do not like to lose to you, and I'm sure the feeling is mutual, but I would like to get an honest view as to whether you are happy with your current set up.

If I supported your club I would be unsure exactly how big you are as a club and how far you will go before it all starts to slow down and you become another club stuck in the championship like we have been for many years. My reasons are as follows:

The saviour CMS, whom you said was so much better than Murray (when we got him from you for nothing) maybe is not as good as you first thought. Against us last week he was awful in comparison to our front line, and way too inconsistant.

Your support at home is good, but away games where the true fans go you lack both numbers and noise. In fact you are so far behind us on that front. Given our rivalry your support at Selhurst was poor and I expected far more noise and songs rather than just that constant Albion chant !

Your manager is not smart enough in my view. He is quite predictable and I think he is another where a top player may not mean a top manager. The funds he has had to spend do not match the results he has achieved. The difference between us and you on money spent is large, but on the pitch you would think we spent 3 to 4 times what you have.

On the other hand....

Your ground is far and away better than ours, and your home numbers are currently very good of which you should be proud. But if over the next 2 seasons maximum you do not get promoted, then I'm convinced your fanbase will start to drop back to a realistic figure around 15000, especially when the new ground buzz and cheap season tickets bein to run out andyou have to pay full price for a new one. If we could get a new stadium I know we would fill it too, but our numbers would start to drop off too over time if success doesn't follow, plus we have the added problem of so many London clubs to compete against.

Ok my views may be a tad biased, and maybe I seem a little obsessed myself, but I have had it in the ear from these colleagues at work going on and on that I thought I would share my views with your fans directly rather tha have to spend any further time with them. Honest shegull fans on here I'm sure will see some truth in what I have to say, or maybe not given some of the posts I have read on here recently.

Threeagles

Dec 1, 2012
Cheers.

I just typed what I felt, and on reflection it does come across a little like that.

It is hard to get across what you think without being a little biased...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Shegulls?

Threeagles

Dec 1, 2012
Ok Seagulls, just a habit of mine since the 70's....

Now can anyone answer any of the points raised rather that nit picking !

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
To take your question at face value, and ignoring a lot of the specifics which I don't agree with, the answer is Yes, but more progress is still needed.

We are short of 1 or 2 decent strikers, and a central defender - the sooner we get these, the sooner we'll be able to make the big step up.

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
Your support at home is good, but away games where the true fans go you lack both numbers and noise. In fact you are so far behind us on that front. Given our rivalry your support at Selhurst was poor and I expected far more noise and songs rather than just that constant Albion chant !

You should be embarassed by the band of 'ultras' who wear black capes, wave banners and bang a drum at selhurst. seriously embarassing.
if the match wasn't over after 7 minutes there would have been more noise from us.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
On your point of 'lacking numbers and noise.' We've taken a lot more to teams especially further north. The only reason why we were quiet against you was due to the events of last Saturday. You lot weren't exactly loud when you were 1-0 down at the Amex last year. Around 6,300 fans over the last 2 weeks at away games, obviously not different ones but still, impressive. Yes CMS hasn't exactly lived up to our 35 goals a season expectation but is still a quality player. Again, the sending off on Saturday was instrumental to CMS and Buckley both having relatively quiet games. Also, I do agree with Gus being predictable, but what can we do? Also, we out sung you for the first 7 minutes, evidently before the Dunk sending off. Told by a Palace fan who was in the stand opposite to the AW nearer the Holmsdale. Very bias from you.

Threeagles

Dec 1, 2012
You should be embarassed by the band of 'ultras' who wear black capes, wave banners and bang a drum at selhurst. seriously embarassing.
if the match wasn't over after 7 minutes there would have been more noise from us.

Yes the ultras can be a pain I agree, but I have seen a few pics on here that show some of your fans are starting to try and do this too but with even more embarrassing results.

On away days they are a good bunch to have around as they ensure the atmosphere is constant whether we are 3 up or 3 down. We sing whatever the result which is something no other side has done this season from what I have seen this season.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Am I happy with the progress.....

Yes thanks, apart from the shocking result at your ground and back here last year FFS.....

Not worried about possible drop in supporters it is what fans do all over the country, so why should we be any different. I was here before the shit hit the fan (so to speak) and will be for as long as god plans it.

Its only second season back in the Championship and we are still very much finding our feet, having said that no one is putting a consistent run of results in yet. The wheat from the chaff will get sorted out during the Christmas run in and at the end of January whoever spends wisely in the window will I belive put that all important late run together.

FFS my opinion should not have been allowed to leave, but no doubt you will dread the window coming round, because you know in your heart of hearts if the right offer comes in now....... $$$$$ and your manager wont see a fraction of that money, I am not gloating its just a shame these things happen, we are the same.

Threeagles

Dec 1, 2012
On your point of 'lacking numbers and noise.' We've taken a lot more to teams especially further north. The only reason why we were quiet against you was due to the events of last Saturday. You lot weren't exactly loud when you were 1-0 down at the Amex last year. Around 6,300 fans over the last 2 weeks at away games, obviously not different ones but still, impressive. Yes CMS hasn't exactly lived up to our 35 goals a season expectation but is still a quality player. Again, the sending off on Saturday was instrumental to CMS and Buckley both having relatively quiet games. Also, I do agree with Gus being predictable, but what can we do? Also, we out sung you for the first 7 minutes, evidently before the Dunk sending off. Told by a Palace fan who was in the stand opposite to the AW nearer the Holmsdale. Very bias from you.

Ditto.

I know 3 season ticket holders at the Amex and all 3 admit your vocal support is poor at best.

You could not have been at Selhurst when I was there as for the first 7 minutes apart from Albion...Albion there was nothing ! The problem with our ground is that now you are down the other end of the Arthur Waite we can't hear you, although to be fair my friends in the Arthur on that day said you made a little noise but were soon drowned out.

Strange how our views will always conflict with each other.

Same with the Amex last year. We sand for the whole 90 minutes that game, but you probably only heard us when you stopped your singing which was for about 80 minutes of the match !

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
Just for the record we took more fans to away games than Palace last year and are on course to do the same again in spite of the longer traveling distances to most games. As long as we don't ever revert to goal music, a little drummer boy and a twat with a megaphone and an even bigger twat with a drum then we'll be just fine.

Threeagles

Dec 1, 2012
Am I happy with the progress.....

Yes thanks, apart from the shocking result at your ground and back here last year FFS.....

Not worried about possible drop in supporters it is what fans do all over the country, so why should we be any different. I was here before the shit hit the fan (so to speak) and will be for as long as god plans it.

Its only second season back in the Championship and we are still very much finding our feet, having said that no one is putting a consistent run of results in yet. The wheat from the chaff will get sorted out during the Christmas run in and at the end of January whoever spends wisely in the window will I belive put that all important late run together.

FFS my opinion should not have been allowed to leave, but no doubt you will dread the window coming round, because you know in your heart of hearts if the right offer comes in now....... $$$$$ and your manager wont see a fraction of that money, I am not gloating its just a shame these things happen, we are the same.

You have hit the nail on the head. We will always sell if the offer is right, and in a way I would like us to take the money for Zaha and get him loaned back for the rest of the season. I would rather that than ever see us go to the wall again, as that was horrible seeing the club you love falling apart.

Some good points well made, and FFS was a mistake, but every club makes them. Bristol City gving us Bolasie for next to nothing too was another HUGE mistake.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Yes the ultras can be a pain I agree, but I have seen a few pics on here that show some of your fans are starting to try and do this too but with even more embarrassing results.

On away days they are a good bunch to have around as they ensure the atmosphere is constant whether we are 3 up or 3 down. We sing whatever the result which is something no other side has done this season from what I have seen this season.

Last season when you came to the AMEX your lot were silent for the majority of the game.. Where was this singing no matter the score?

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Ditto.

I know 3 season ticket holders at the Amex and all 3 admit your vocal support is poor at best.

You could not have been at Selhurst when I was there as for the first 7 minutes apart from Albion...Albion there was nothing ! The problem with our ground is that now you are down the other end of the Arthur Waite we can't hear you, although to be fair my friends in the Arthur on that day said you made a little noise but were soon drowned out.

Strange how our views will always conflict with each other.

Same with the Amex last year. We sand for the whole 90 minutes that game, but you probably only heard us when you stopped your singing which was for about 80 minutes of the match !

There's a few reasons why it's poor, mainly due to the people where people try to congregate to sing and not joining in with other chants. That and lots of people can't learn more than 2 sentences of a song. On some games it can be buzzing, and when it does, trust me, it does. Our views are always going to conflict as it's our opinion. I admit you did out sing us, at yours and at ours. But for example, Charlton on Saturday, from what I've been told by numerous Charlton supporters and read, we've been one of the loudest and best away followings to come there. Better statistically as well than yours. Of course, however, I'm also being bias, but that just comes with being a football supporter.

Threeagles

Dec 1, 2012
Just for the record we took more fans to away games than Palace last year and are on course to do the same again in spite of the longer traveling distances to most games. As long as we don't ever revert to goal music, a little drummer boy and a twat with a megaphone and an even bigger twat with a drum then we'll be just fine.

Dreamer....

Oh and just to rub it in I support the Patriots too !!

Threeagles

Dec 1, 2012
There's a few reasons why it's poor, mainly due to the people where people try to congregate to sing and not joining in with other chants. That and lots of people can't learn more than 2 sentences of a song. On some games it can be buzzing, and when it does, trust me, it does. Our views are always going to conflict as it's our opinion. I admit you did out sing us, at yours and at ours. But for example, Charlton on Saturday, from what I've been told by numerous Charlton supporters and read, we've been one of the loudest and best away followings to come there. Better statistically as well than yours. Of course, however, I'm also being bias, but that just comes with being a football supporter.

My cousin who supports Charlton was at the game saturday and was impressed, he has never heard you like that before at the Valley. I was going to keep that one quite but given your sensible reply I feel I should mention this. Did you sell cheap tickets on Groupon ??

Threeagles

Dec 1, 2012
Last season when you came to the AMEX your lot were silent for the majority of the game.. Where was this singing no matter the score?

Good grief....I knew there would be one !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here