Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are you going to Rome? + ticket allocation / purchase discussion!

Are you going to Rome?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Oh heck, it's nearly crunch time.

I'm so torn. I've always wanted to go to the darts and finally managed to get good tickets for this year's Premier League fixture at the Brighton Centre.

Was really looking forward to it, fancy dress all planned, then bam, Roma v Brighton on the same night.

Being in tier 3, I wasn't expecting any Roma tickets to be left, thus making the decision for me. But it seems there'll be 500 + available from 12pm today.

Travel is now mega expensive and with higgledy piggledy flight routes, it seems too much of a ballache.

BUT....it's Roma away!

Flip a coin?
You can go to the darts any time. I doubt Brighton are very likely to play again at the Stadio Olimpico.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

I'm so torn. I've always wanted to go to the darts and finally managed to get good tickets for this year's Premier League fixture at the Brighton Centre.

Was really looking forward to it, fancy dress all planned, then bam, Roma v Brighton on the same night.

Being in tier 3, I wasn't expecting any Roma tickets to be left, thus making the decision for me. But it seems there'll be 500 + available from 12pm today.

Travel is now mega expensive and with higgledy piggledy flight routes, it seems too much of a ballache.

BUT....it's Roma away!

Flip a coin?
Seems like you’ve already made your mind up, however if it had been me I’d be off to Rome. Enjoy the darts

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
You can go to the darts any time. I doubt Brighton are very likely to play again at the Stadio Olimpico.
Watch a sixteen year old who loves kebabs in fancy dress, or follow the Albion to the Olimpico to see us challenge one of Europe's great teams (again)? Easy choice isn't it.

The beer will be considerably better if you choose the latter as well.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Watch a sixteen year old who loves kebabs in fancy dress, or follow the Albion to the Olimpico to see us challenge one of Europe's great teams (again)? Easy choice isn't it.

The beer will be considerably better if you choose the latter as well.
All good points.

The Rome option, at this stage, does involve finding a spare £600 or so, though.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
What hotels are people staying in Rome. I have booked an Airport hotel for the 6th as my plane does not land until 10pm, but I want to book a hotel in Rome for the 7th, but I don't know yet if I have to pick up a ticket from a location or if there will be a shuttle bus to the stadium etc. if there is I would like a hotel close to that location if not close to the stadium.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Yeah, friends I go with are saying flights/hotels too expensive. So unless I go solo, I'll be watching the game on my phone while watching the darts.
Hope I didn’t come across as being too blunt. Life is very black and white in my Albion world! Might be Milan in the next round!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
What hotels are people staying in Rome. I have booked an Airport hotel for the 6th as my plane does not land until 10pm, but I want to book a hotel in Rome for the 7th, but I don't know yet if I have to pick up a ticket from a location or if there will be a shuttle bus to the stadium etc. if there is I would like a hotel close to that location if not close to the stadium.

Looking at the details Roma make available the coach back to city centre drops off very near the main railway station (Roma Termini).

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There will be shuttles to the ground, which we will be highly advised to use, although some will make their own way to the ground.

An alternative is this private transfer: https://www.northstandchat.com/threads/private-seated-rome-stadium-transfers.406688/

There are plenty of reasonably-priced hotels around Termini, the train station which has direct trains to the airport, and the likely drop-off point when the shuttle buses bring people back to town. My research suggests it's not the best part of town, but railway station areas often aren't in many cities. Besides, a lot of Albion fans will be alighting there and heading for bars or their hotels.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
All good points.

The Rome option, at this stage, does involve finding a spare £600 or so, though.
True. Though clearly the poster with the (non)-quandary is able to afford going to Rome if it is still a question of one or the other.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
There will be shuttles to the ground, which we will be highly advised to use, although some will make their own way to the ground.

An alternative is this private transfer: https://www.northstandchat.com/threads/private-seated-rome-stadium-transfers.406688/

There are plenty of reasonably-priced hotels around Termini, the train station which has direct trains to the airport, and the likely drop-off point when the shuttle buses bring people back to town. My research suggests it's not the best part of town, but railway station areas often aren't in many cities. Besides, a lot of Albion fans will be alighting there and heading for bars or their hotels.
Thank that is useful information. I have now booked in to the "Sophie Terrace Hotel" which is very close Termini train station. Hopefuly I will spot a few albion fans that I can tag along with and the club will issue some details about ticket collection etc soon.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Just got wiz air out of Gatwick late Wednesday night fairly reasonable price if anyone still looking for flights lands at 0010 mind. Not booked out going flight yet. Thinking an airport hotel then one near station. Would it be worth just getting back to airport post game to a hotel to avoid train chaos next day or find one near the station? Is there an area Albion fans are encouraged to head to?

Gary Hart's Stalker

Jul 17, 2013
Gary Hart's Bush

BUT....it's Roma away!

Flip a coin?
I'm going to Rome!!! Well, I've bought match tickets! Now to book flights/hotel.

Other half (Scottish) is going to come with me. We're planning to stay in Rome til Sunday. He can watch the rugby, albeit in a bar, but I'm sure there'll be other Scots without rugby tickets doing the same.

Sooooo excited!!!!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm going to Rome!!! Well, I've bought match tickets! Now to book flights/hotel.

Other half (Scottish) is going to come with me. We're planning to stay in Rome til Sunday. He can watch the rugby, albeit in a bar, but I'm sure there'll be other Scots without rugby tickets doing the same.

Sooooo excited!!!!
Great work. Darts is shit anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here