Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are you going to Man City?

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I’m as keen as I’ve ever been, but I live in deepest dark north Beds, and with an 8pm kick off I won’t get home until 2.15am. Travelling the entire 7.5 hour return journey on my own, a retired old geezer, I just can’t do these even as a STH. I’m sorry, mine sold on the exchange very quickly.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
No. Planned a 3 day city break in Rome for when there were no matches scheduled, then this game date was announced 🤦‍♂️

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
We’re giving up our regular bridge night to be there. Too many Thursday night games this season but the Albion come first in that decision every time.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
I can't say I have any enthusiasm for dragging my sorry arse to watch Foden run rings around our second eleven and a 3-0 defeat (or worse), and have to pretend that it's a joy to watch quality opposition with an unlimited budget (and 115 charges). Probably get home gone midnight with no dinner either having waited in the rain for another Southern Rail shit show.

But yes I'll be there.

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Crikey - just had a glance at seats available in North stand block D for tonight. Looks like its got severe acne.
Man City might be singing "is there a fire drill?" right at the start :)

el punal

I’m thinking of giving up on food at the Amex, the choice is so shit.
I can think of shittier shit at grounds other than the Amex - a hot dog with a pulse at Fulham, ditto at Southampton in a roll so stale you could use as a house brick, a Pukka (puke) Pie at Villa that gave my mouth third degree burns. Oh, and a visit to watch Eastleigh in the National League where the chips were still raw potatoes. The list is endless. :ohmy:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Hmmm, might consider a bottle in front of the box now :rolleyes:

Rain.jpg

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
If I could, I would love to be there. If we only attended the games we thought we were going to win ,then a lot of games would be half empty. And Albion fans would never have traveled to Gillingham, and we would not be here right now.
Anyway you just never know what might happen. Did Coventry fans go to Wembley believing they would see the game they did ?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I can't say I have any enthusiasm for dragging my sorry arse to watch Foden run rings around our second eleven and a 3-0 defeat (or worse), and have to pretend that it's a joy to watch quality opposition with an unlimited budget (and 115 charges). Probably get home gone midnight with no dinner either having waited in the rain for another Southern Rail shit show.

But yes I'll be there.
Have to say, this is admirable support because absolutely right about the underlying factors.

Unlike the good old days when you faced superior teams, you went into with more hope of an upset. Games can be mere processions now, and whilst I’ve never had a problem losing to the best…it’s tough losing to corruption; and paying for the privilege; whilst being so inconvenienced (late night Thursday football, woeful Amex transport etc)

Nonetheless I shall be watching with a late night lager after a hard day on the lounger. Surrounded by plastic Mancs no doubt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here