Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are you going to Man City?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
First game of the season for me, so looking forward to it.

Non-refundable train travel to Manchester all booked and already paid deposit + remaining balance for a suite at the Lowry hotel. Can't wait!
You do realise the Lowery Hotel is in Salford, a bit of a walk to the Etihad Stadium in Bradford, Manchester, I would book at taxi in advance if I were you.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
10pm KO my time. Going out to watch after dinner. Home after midnight, just like it is attending the Amex!

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Down by more than one goal at 85mins and the Fire Drill could be an all time classic...
🤣 dreading the tv coverage pre match one of the pundits may actually remember City are playing Brighton the rest will be all about the nauseating title race where only teams that have overspent and/or broken FFP rules have a chance of winning.

Eric Youngs Contact Lens

Dec 9, 2020
East Sussex
Going, looking forward to it, low expectations of a result, but love the "what if..." about these games. Everybody will make their own decisons etc. and that's fine by me, but I don't quite get "meh" when we are about to play the current European Champs, The current PL holders, some of the greatest talents in football and we will give it a go.
Last year's heights are just that. This years challenge is now to finish in Top 10 (or higher) and a short time ago, I would have swooned at the opportunity of having my team play the last few games without the fear and agony of being relegation-threatened. Enjoyed the break of the last couple of weeks but ready to go for the rest now..

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Sold our three tickets.

Hard to justify when...

1) travelling from London
2) late KO on a school night (youngest wouldn't go even if I did)
3) tired, and busy at work
4) the game's on TV
5) I could do with the cash / not spending
6) we're all going to Bournemouth on Sunday

Also, we're playing shi1t.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Last season it was a great game but Citeh were already Champions. Going to be very tough, the amount of ticket exchange says it all. Arsenal fans probably buying them
Quite surprised by the general malaise. An imperfect season and a tough opponent so people just can't be arsed? (I appreciate same have decent reasons).

So we just turn up if we're doing well and think we can win?

It'll be interesting to see how much complaining their is about the players being in their flip flops.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I've missed about 40 home games in the last 20 years.

Amongst them are three against City:
- the win on penalties, in the League Cup at Withdean (was away for work at a shitty conference)
- the 3-2 win (Burn winner, reduced attendance), even though successful in the ticket ballot, we eventually decided against the covid risk...
- last year's 1-1 with the Encsico Puskas nominee (was travelling in Europe)

So thinking about it the only times I have actually seen us beat Man City, are the 4-0 win in the 1983 FA Cup run, and the Keith Cuss game in 1989.

Well overdue another one.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
I don’t get the pricing for match by match watching a team that in all probability are going to beat us is costing more than watching a team we have more chance of beating :shrug: clearly designed for the plastics
Just went to see if I could get one near me for my daughter. 52 quid!! F*ck that. I took her to see Lewes on Sunday. We'll just stick with that for now, until she cam prove she knows the offside rule.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Sold our three tickets.

Hard to justify when...

1) travelling from London
2) late KO on a school night (youngest wouldn't go even if I did)
3) tired and busy at work
4) the game's on TV
5) I could do with the cash / not spending
6) we're all going to Bournemouth on Sunday

Also, we're playing shi1t.
Hard to argue with any of those reasons - apart from the un-numbered last reason. We're always going to be the patsies making up the numbers against the oligarchs and the petro-states. How we're playing at any given time is purely incidental. As EPL things stand, it's never going to be a meeting of equals, or anywhere near. Domestically this is as good as it gets. Which is still pretty damn good. How far we've come etc...

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I'll be there.
Can't see it being much fun but hey ho.
It's always fun listening to the coked up bell end in front of me slagging off our players for no reason, at least a dicking to city will give him some satisfaction I guess.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here