Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are you going to Man City?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Yes, yes I am. I didn't go to Burnley so I've not been to football for 19 days.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I don't know.
Currently been stuck on Dartford Crossing for an hour. Don't know if we'll make it in time.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It was a bit special. Oh what I'd give for something similar tonight.

View attachment 181265
I tried to take a photo of the score 🤦‍♂️

IMG_2011.jpeg

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I have just decided not to go.

I don't know what it is. Maybe it's this pi$$ing awful weather that has winter just dragging on, but I just can't get up for it.

Maybe it's the disappointment of having watched Groundhog Day football in the knowledge that we simply won't change our pattern of play - the definition of madness.

Maybe it's not seeing any goals.

Maybe it's the damp atmosphere at the Amex - I have much more of a laugh at the Dripping Pan terraces with a beer in my hand.

Maybe it's the corporate shiny veneer of Premier League football and the inevitability that you're never going to win anything. It's all been sewn up by the Arab States and Venture Capitalists that have bought the big teams.

Maybe it's just that a season that had so much possibility seems to have just been thrown away.

Maybe it's the 8pm kick-off (why 8pm?) and the fact that I'd rather have a decent night's sleep because I have work tomorrow.

Maybe it's because I'm fed up with some of the foul-mouthed tw@ts who go to football.

Maybe it's because I just want my bottle top so TREAT ME LIKE AN ADULT!

Maybe it's because I don't really know what the club stands for when it comes to things like the EFL funding deal or the European breakaway.

Or maybe it's just because I'm not feeling it.

I've renewed my season ticket for next year, but the way I'm feeling right now, if I'd forgotten to I wouldn't be bothered.

What a shame. I've never felt this way in forty five years of following the Albion. It's weird.

Last edited:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
It really is weird. Is it the hope that gets you?
I'm going. I've got a ST for next season, and I'm going to enjoy both. I've got a colleague over from Argentina atm, and when I indicated that I might be able to get a ticket for the City or Villa game, the excitement and gratitude was palpable.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I have just decided not to go.

I don't know what it is. Maybe it's this pi$$ing awful weather that has winter just dragging on, but I just can't get up for it.

Maybe it's the disappointment of having watched Groundhog Day football in the knowledge that we simply won't change our pattern of play - the definition of madness.

Maybe it's not seeing any goals.

Maybe it's the damp atmosphere at the Amex - I have much more of a laugh at the Dripping Pan terraces with a beer in my hand.

Maybe it's the corporate shiny veneer of Premier League football and the inevitability that you're never going to win anything. It's all been sewn up by the Arab States and Venture Capitalists that have bought the big teams.

Maybe it's just that a season that had so much possibility seems to have just been thrown away.

Maybe it's the 8pm kick-off (why 8pm?) and the fact that I'd rather have a decent night's sleep because I have work tomorrow.

Maybe it's because I'm fed up with some of the foul-mouthed tw@ts who go to football.

Maybe it's because I just want my bottle top so TREAT ME LIKE AN ADULT!

Maybe it's because I don't really know what the club stands for when it comes to things like the EFL funding deal or the European breakaway.

Or maybe it's just because I'm not feeling it.

I've renewed my season ticket for next year, but the way I'm feeling right now, if I'd forgotten to I wouldn't be bothered.

What a shame. I've never felt this way in forty five years of following the Albion. It's weird.
Alright Trotsky, nobody came here for The Communist Manifesto.

Mar 4, 2024
I'm going. And will be conducting a catering condiment availability audit at half time in the WL. 2-1 Albion. Come on you Seagullsssssss!

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
It really is weird. Is it the hope that gets you?
I'm going. I've got a ST for next season, and I'm going to enjoy both. I've got a colleague over from Argentina atm, and when I indicated that I might be able to get a ticket for the City or Villa game, the excitement and gratitude was palpable.
Probably only because he wants to watch City ?

Jul 7, 2003
You could send the QR code although Barber might have his secret police out on the turnstiles
They recently updated things so the QR changes every minute or so so that wouldn’t work now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here