Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you going away for Christmas/New Year?

theboybilly

Good luck....will still be chaotic in the morning with the backlog, displaced planes and crew even if the drone issue has been cleared up.

Thank you. We checked-in online this morning but 'Sundown' check- ins have ceased tonight. Thomas Cook are expecting few, if any, cancellations tomorrow (there I've said it) but there may well be delays as you say. Hopefully we'll make last orders :)

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Thank you. We checked-in online this morning but 'Sundown' check- ins have ceased tonight. Thomas Cook are expecting few, if any, cancellations tomorrow (there I've said it) but there may well be delays as you say. Hopefully we'll make last orders :)

Hope you get away as planned, but until they catch the drone/s, doubt anyone is going anywhere. BBC News at 10 didn’t sound hopeful about tomorrow Im afraid.

Do you know where your plane currently is?

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
My entire family (American) are coming “home” for Christmas and new year. Praying Gatwick will be open tomorrow...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Off to Lanzarote in the morning. Hopefully the Gatwick chaos will have eased as told by airline to check in as normal. Will miss the matches over the festive period but back for Bournemouth in t'Cup :)

Going by the current news, I think you are absolutely bollocksed chap. Would take the general advice tomorrow and check with your airline again before even thinking of rocking up at Gatwick in the morning.

Hope it pans out ok without too much delay. But plan for the worst.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Heading up to Gatters at Sparrow's fart on Christmas morning and off to Mexico for two weeks (hopefully!).

theboybilly

Hope you get away as planned, but until they catch the drone/s, doubt anyone is going anywhere. BBC News at 10 didn’t sound hopeful about tomorrow Im afraid.

Do you know where your plane currently is?

Got to Gatwick at 6.45am and was having breakfast 'airside' by 7.30. Still in the lounge but it seems we should be boarding within the hour. The time isn't dragging to much as I'm people-watching and playing games on my tablet. I shall sleep well on the plane.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Got to Gatwick at 6.45am and was having breakfast 'airside' by 7.30. Still in the lounge but it seems we should be boarding within the hour. The time isn't dragging to much as I'm people-watching and playing games on my tablet. I shall sleep well on the plane.

Really pleased it seems to be working for you! I was caught in Australia during the Icelandic volcano European airspace closure in 2010. Turned into an amazing extra 4 days in Sydney where we were only meant to be changing planes, all accommodation/meals free thanks to BA, but its nonetheless a stressful time for all involved.

Just praying for all that the drones dont reappear now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here