Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you going away for Christmas/New Year?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not going to know till I try! Have spent the last 3 months WFH using all the standard means of communication and its worked fine. Discovered that I've been far more productive, saved 3 hours a day commuting and think i actually produce more to avoid any possible allegation of freewheeling.

Still got 2 x tix to shift :)

I actually find myself more disciplined. I get my work done but I find I am now super specific about the hours I bill. In the office I'd typically bill the hours I was literally in the office, say 9-5, which might also include chats and coffee breaks etc. Now I literally bill for the hours I work.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Rented a house on the west coast of Florida (near Sarasota) a couple of years ago. Weather was great - low 70s daytime - had a BBQ on the beach on Christmas Day and there was plenty of local stuff going on. House rental isn't expensive at all and flights booked well in advance were priced OK.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I am going to Brighton for Christmas and New Year, will be the first time I have experienced the cold for almost three years :eek:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Been skiing over Christmas a couple of times and loved it. And despite Mrs P eating reindeer steak on Christmas Eve one year, Santa still managed to deliver our presents :lolol:

Kuma

*dons shades*
Aug 22, 2015
Midlands
Escaping the Midlands and coming back down to Brighton for both Christmas and New Years. I know it's cold af but up here ain't much better lmao.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
In London on my own for Christmas Day and Boxing Day - well, I intend to be down at Brentford with some of you goons that day - but then flying off to Ourense for a few days with the ladyfriend and her family. The plan this year was for me not to go out there, and I had all these thoughts of just watching film after film and pottering about for 10 days on my lonesome, but then, in a sort of annoying fashion, a judge in Ourense decided to allow the marriage of my ladyfriend's sister and her partner on December 30th. Now, this couple do not want to get married and hate the idea of it. But, the legal system in Spain does not allow him to leave his flat to her in his will without them being married, so they decided they would have to go through with it. Now, I thought this might mean that I wouldn't have to go to a ceremony that involved a bride and groom against marriage and refusing to dress for the occasion. Then pressure grew. And I bought some ruddy Ryanair flights. Only there for 3 nights, but that won't be as relaxing as being in front of the telly and using cinema membership cards all over the place. I'll fling a small handful of pah confetti in their direction.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I have always wanted to go somewhere hot for 1 Christmas but she that has to be obeyed says we should be at home with the family, so at home it is.
Maybe you could do the cooking this year - the kitchen is likely to be pretty warm!

(Apologies if you already do this!)

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Christmas will be spent in Yorkshire with the outlaws. I have to say I'm rather looking forward to it, having spent the majority of my working life in the French Alps cooking for other people it's nice to enjoy Christmas for once. Post Christmas dinner will be spent getting twisted in the Red Hart where a pint sets you back £1.90 with the locals discount :)

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Christmas will be spent in Yorkshire with the outlaws. I have to say I'm rather looking forward to it, having spent the majority of my working life in the French Alps cooking for other people it's nice to enjoy Christmas for once. Post Christmas dinner will be spent getting twisted in the Red Hart where a pint sets you back £1.90 with the locals discount :)

We’re staying at home this year. I’m roasting the bird for a change and then we’ve got Mrs Crodo Sir and our good friends Polly and Giles staying over. Then we’re away for a sabbatical over New Year to St Albans.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Big group of us going to some hotel complex in Norfolk for the bit between Xmas and New Year. We did a similar thing last year (but over New Year) in Devon. Good fun.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Off to Lanzarote in the morning. Hopefully the Gatwick chaos will have eased as told by airline to check in as normal. Will miss the matches over the festive period but back for Bournemouth in t'Cup :)

Good luck....will still be chaotic in the morning with the backlog, displaced planes and crew even if the drone issue has been cleared up.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Staying at The Old Tollgate hotel Xmas eve and Xmas

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here