Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you feeling positive about the new season ahead?

BuddyBoy

Mar 3, 2013
I'm confident but cautious. Ulloa from the start, Oscar's apparent love for attacking football and a new sense of optimism after the Gus saga all make for a good sstart to the season. We shall see.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Very happy that poyet has gone:) Love my seat:) league position not a big factor but a bonus if we made playoffs again:thumbsup: i think poyet would have struggled to get top 6 this season but we will never know.???
Why do you say that? We were two wins away from automatic promotion. If Poyet had stayed there was every chance of making the play offs again.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Starting 11 looks good, add couple of signings and we have a chance, so yes beginning to feel hopeful.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I think the exact opposite and that Reading will be next years Bolton. Very optimistic for us and will be somewhat disappointed if we only just make the play offs.

Adkins is a decent manager and they have a decent squad. Reading are playboff certs imo. Could go either way for QPR. They are certainly making some good signings (albeit financially insane) for this division.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I am optimistic. We not only have a proven striker in Ulloa (If he had been with us from the start of last season we would be in the prem now!)
I also think we have some really good players in the DS ready to step up which didn't happen last season.These are like new signings.
Plus Upson came back and now that the Gus issue is resolved, we can start signing players if needed.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I don't understand why so many are talking up QPRs chances, they look almost EXACT like Portsmouth 2.0

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I always look forward to a new season, with the pitch in pristine condition, and it still being warm (possibly a bit too warm now on the concourses) :lolol:

And this season is all the more exciting as we have a new manager, and we will see a new style of play, hopefully quite attacking, rather than laborious

I suppose we all go to the football to get excited, and I've got a sneaking suspicion we won't be disappointed :)

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Being a bit of a pessimist I notice the argus interview with og delayed until contract paperwork completed. Should we be worried or is it a knock on from poyet appeal?

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Why do you say that? We were two wins away from automatic promotion. If Poyet had stayed there was every chance of making the play offs again.

Being a bit of a pessimist I notice the argus interview with og delayed until contract paperwork completed. Should we be worried or is it a knock on from poyet appeal?
I think they will announce all new staff in one big go, then back to normal..

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Feeling positive that we will AT LEAST match last season's playoff finish, but we do need to make around 3 more signings IMHO to get there.

Hugh'sDad

Nov 29, 2011
'Ove
I enjoy football. Ups and downs, the crack........positivity is a bonus if it happens.
Great game - take it for what it is.
A game.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I am feeling positive to the new season, looking forward to it and trying to remember the good games from recent times and blank out what happened in the play off.
A new start again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here