Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you fat? Do you think you're fat?

Stumpy Tim

I tried this the last two weeks and not lost a single pound! I know i am not going to lose 1/2 a stone in a fortnight but a pound would have been nice! What do you eat/drink on the 5 days? Do you still watch what you eat/drink?

Edit: I did no real exercise, road bike to work a couple of days but I have done my medial knee ligament in, so cannot run etc. This may have been a big factor in not losing any weight in those two weeks.

I eat exactly what I was eating before. I do drink, probably too much, and I'm guessing I'm probably just over the recommended 2,000 calories a day.

It's quite simple though. During the two fast days I eat a total of 3,000 less calories a week than I otherwise would. It would take an extra 600 calories each of the five other days to make that up.

So eat what you normally eat, don't eat more burgers and bacon butties. You will lose weight.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
My BMI was slightly above average until recently, I lost a lot of weight a few years ago by just eating rice & pasta without really doing any physical activity or thinking about body composition which left me with excess stomach weight despite being quite normal elsewhere.

I've been hitting the gym pretty hard recently & have got it down considerably to just below average, I'd also like to agree with those saying about Sugars & Carbohydrates, I've completely cut pasta which was a BIG part of my diet & other carbs out as well as completely cutting my sugar rush habit(couldn't help myself in a shop) and I've noticed a really dramatic difference in my whole mindset & body and I won't be going back to my old ways. I never really believed all the crap written about carbs but ive seen it for myself now, sugars are evil!

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Agreed. I didn't need to lose any weight but I was a bit of a skinny fat person with a normal BMI but 18% bodyfat. That is now more like 10% and I've done it by cutting out all sugar, bread, rice, pasta and potatoes and using good fats as my main energy source + a high protien diet.

You can't do it forever but for getting yourself to a target it really does work (with excercise) and I managed to put a few kilos on in the gym. Once you're there you can then incorporate the carbs back in because they're nice :drool:, but you're better placed to do it in a way that doesn't turn you into a porker!

There's many different ways to skin a cat when it comes to getting healthy and every man and his dog will tell you you're doing it wrong because they prefer the way they did it. It's all about finding what works for you.

Having read this post I didn't even need to write my previous post! Exactly the same as me.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I eat exactly what I was eating before. I do drink, probably too much, and I'm guessing I'm probably just over the recommended 2,000 calories a day.

It's quite simple though. During the two fast days I eat a total of 3,000 less calories a week than I otherwise would. It would take an extra 600 calories each of the five other days to make that up.

So eat what you normally eat, don't eat more burgers and bacon butties. You will lose weight.

Thanks Tim. The 2000 calories on the other 5 days I did not know. I will watch what I eat on these days as well. Only problem is, I had a big bender on a works do last night and now fancy a livener after work! :(

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Having read this post I didn't even need to write my previous post! Exactly the same as me.

It's cool to compare notes though! It sounds like we've done exactly the same thing, I also used to live off pasta and bread and was quite partial to cans of coke (every day). All of that just goes straight on the belly. I think you've called it right - you really do have to change you mindset and how you view and understand what you eat so you don't end up constantly chasing a sugar rush through the day. It's also good to understand that your body needs fat, it actually has loads of benefits if consumed in the right way and will open a few doors that cutting carbs have closed.

The biggest thing for me was eating eggs for breakfast, I find it sets me up for the rest of the day. Even if I have porriage, which I love, I'm hungry within a couple of hours.

Sugar is the devil!!!

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I tried this the last two weeks and not lost a single pound! I know i am not going to lose 1/2 a stone in a fortnight but a pound would have been nice! What do you eat/drink on the 5 days? Do you still watch what you eat/drink?

Edit: I did no real exercise, road bike to work a couple of days but I have done my medial knee ligament in, so cannot run etc. This may have been a big factor in not losing any weight in those two weeks.

Walking could be good for you, walking is highly underrated. If your life will allow I found getting up an hour early and going for a walk on an empty stomach worked well. Have a green tea or coffee first to kick start your metabolism.
It's a long slow process as you're really just chipping away at your fat stores a tiny amout at a time but after a couple of months you do notice a big difference.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Walking could be good for you, walking is highly underrated. If your life will allow I found getting up an hour early and going for a walk on an empty stomach worked well. Have a green tea or coffee first to kick start your metabolism.
It's a long slow process as you're really just chipping away at your fat stores a tiny amout at a time but after a couple of months you do notice a big difference.
I used to walk a lot, playing golf and if it weren't for my knee I would be out most days walking/golfing this time of year!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I am middle-aged and bald. I have no alternative but to keep trim otherwise I will look like Phil Mitchell as opposed to Richard Fairbrass. I'm sure you all understand.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
My addiction to bread has me certainly chunky at least. I ran 17 miles at the weekend, and you'd think whilst lugging around so much bulk that it would dramatically disappear, and maybe it has in places i can't see, but it doesn't quite wholly seem it yet. Am trying to cut down my meal size, of course. The girlfriend was away for 3 weeks recently and so without anyone watching I was just gorging for fun. I love eating. But she's back now, and I have sworn to live longer, so the plates are less mountainously covered and simply one in number. Or one and a bit when I take her leftovers to the kitchen and perfectly imitate throwing splodge in the bin sounds. I'll never be fully lean and lithe, but then if I was I wouldn't really be me.

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
I'm basically fat, I weigh 15 stone and I'm 6.0ft but I run, cycle, play tennis and have a personal trainer so fitness levels are OK and importantly my blood pressure is good. My ideal weight i'm guessing would be around 13.5 stone and my personal trainer is aiming for 14.5 stone as a key milestone if you like :O Unfortunately i have a weakness for red wine............ enough said.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I've lost half a stone in the past month, but still overweight. My aim is to get to the right weight. Truth is that these days overweight is normal though

I gave up smoking over two years ago and i'm struggling to get my weight down. That and middle age spread doesn't help.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here