Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Are you actually interested in the olympics?

Olympics?

• Love it.

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • I watch some of it.

Votes: 70 28.5%
  • Not interested.

Votes: 86 35.0%

• Total voters

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
How can anyone not find the Taekwondo exciting? You can score 5 or 6 points in a couple of seconds which means most bouts go right down to the last 10 seconds.

Lauren Williams was 5 points up with about 20 seconds to go. Fair play to the Croatia for the head shot with 8 second to go, she will now be a hero in her home country.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I’m proud to be British and proud of our young Brits who are Olympians, too ****ing right I’m watching it.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
How can anyone not find the Taekwondo exciting? You can score 5 or 6 points in a couple of seconds which means most bouts go right down to the last 10 seconds.

Lauren Williams was 5 points up with about 20 seconds to go. Fair play to the Croatia for the head shot with 8 second to go, she will now be a hero in her home country.

Absolutely. Those points are hard to score too, but the drama goes down to the wire. Taekwando is fascinating to watch.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Enjoying the Taekwondo immensely. Never really watched it before.

Lauren Williams :bowdown:

The pundit with Hazel Irvine, Lutalo Mohammed, is very good. His enthusiasm & explanations are a delight to listen to.
His voice is also velvety.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
It shouldn't have been held but since it's on, I've thoroughly enjoyed it. Always do. And for the first time in 20 years I'm bang in the right time zone for a major sporting event.

Anyone moaning about the time difference, this is what those of us that live on this side of the world have to deal with every Olympics, Euros and World cup. And following the albion too! So, whilst I sympathise with you, forgive me for loving being able to get up and have live sport on from 9a.m - 11p.m.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Lauren Williams was 5 points up with about 20 seconds to go.

Very much so, Pav. It's gripping viewing.

With 2 Silvers already and another medal chance tomorrow from just 5 fighters, GB Taekwondo is having a great games, even with Jade Jones shock exit.

Oh, and I love the Olympics. Always have. Always will.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Personally, I find it all very boring and things that are genuinely exciting are very few and far between and don't warrant watching anything live.

Normally yes, l'd be very interested and lapping up the tv coverage, especially later on when the track events get underway.

These are unusual times though, no crowds present, and l can't help thinking that we should have simply aborted the 2020 games, and pushed them back, still in Tokyo, until the next Olympic year 2024.

Unfortunate for the athletes who would have missed out on the chance of medalling of course, but this happened before during the last war, with both the 1940, and 1944 games both cancelled.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
It is always great. Watching someone achieve their ambition after dedicating their life to something is so much better than watching that tit Martin talking about other people's houses, the dementor Victoria Derbyshire talking about news, a bunch of c list celebrities sitting around a table talking shite or any other daytime "entertainment" offering. But each to their own.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

So much sport under 1 roof as it were, for 2 weeks, there must be at least 3 that interest you, unless you hate sport of course.
Womens beach volleyball and diving is a particular favourite of mine.

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
I have very little interest in 95% of Olympic sports and can't get myself excited for them like other people, with similar general levels of disinterest, seem to do.

Also, what on earth is all this nonsense about Russia being banned from the Olympics, but still just taking part anyway under a different name and flag? What an absolute joke sporting authorities are.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
For the first time since 84 (missed the entire thing …. 2 weeks in San Antoni was a bit of a distraction), I’ve been disinterested.

Then we win medals and I suddenly like the Summer Olympics again.

Typical glory hunter.

Me too. A couple of days ago I had no interest at all, now I'm all over it :lolol:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
At the same time ???

Seriously though Swanny

Are the Winter Olympics more popular in Sweden?

I'd imagine you win more medals at that one?

I think they are similar levels of popular but yes we're obviously stronger there.

Usually pretty competitive in the Summer Olympics as well though considering our small population, picking up 5 or 6 gold medals in most Summer Olympics. We used to be really good in athletics but its a bit worse now aside for pole vault world record holder Armand Duplantis.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here