Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Are you actually interested in the olympics?

Olympics?

• Love it.

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • I watch some of it.

Votes: 70 28.5%
  • Not interested.

Votes: 86 35.0%

• Total voters

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Road cycling, athletics, handball and volleyball for me.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'd watch all of it if I had time. It's not just the sports themselves but also the back stories, the host city showing itself off and the glory of watching the best doing their stuff. I mean I wouldn't pay to watch the diving or gymnastics world championships because they are not my thing, but the dedication these people show is worthy of people's time watching.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I voted watch some of it, but I haven’t really yet. Can’t summon up any enthusiasm for TaeKwondo or Swimming.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Normally yes but no crowds - the right decision - and time difference making it yes exciting.

Also the fact that BBC only have rights to show any two events at one time v Eurosport and Disney
+ being able to show as many as they want makes it likely the thing I want to watch I can’t watch live.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I voted watch some of it, but I haven’t really yet. Can’t summon up any enthusiasm for TaeKwondo or Swimming.

Swimming is the most boring "sport " in the world. Years ago I had a serious back condition and after consultation and treatment from a chiropractor I was advised to swim 3 times a week. Mon,Tue and Friday I would do an hour or so swimming after work, God it was the most miserable time of my life. The " Swim Lane" was populated by 50 year old overweight ladies who would do 5-6 lengths of the pool then get back out again without even getting their hair wet....no one smiled, no one laughed.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Which swimming pool was this, just out of interest? And what are the opening times? ???

*asking for a friend, obvs.

Your " friend " will have to use his imagination I'm afraid, the swimming pool is now a block of flats....where the Aquarena once stood..

BrianB

Sleepy Mid Sussex
Nov 14, 2020
Enjoying the gymnastics, the ��of these guys is phenomenal .
The most pointless sport - horse dancing - skinny rich bloke employs a fat guy to teach horse a dance then gets on animal and it bounces higher and impresses judges .... Hmmmm

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Historically I was more interested than I am this year. Don't know why. I'll track the results occasionally this year, but doubt I'll actually watch much (if any) of it except via the nightly news.

D

Deleted member 2719

Enjoying the gymnastics, the ��of these guys is phenomenal .
The most pointless sport - horse dancing - skinny rich bloke employs a fat guy to teach horse a dance then gets on animal and it bounces higher and impresses judges .... Hmmmm

Let's face it though Brian, we have all danced with a few horses in our time. Just as you lip lock them, that big long hair that protrudes from their nose goes right up your hooter.:hilton:

Gun shot

Ready to be fired
Oct 3, 2020
In a holster
Swimming is the most boring "sport " in the world. Years ago I had a serious back condition and after consultation and treatment from a chiropractor I was advised to swim 3 times a week. Mon,Tue and Friday I would do an hour or so swimming after work, God it was the most miserable time of my life. The " Swim Lane" was populated by 50 year old overweight ladies who would do 5-6 lengths of the pool then get back out again without even getting their hair wet....no one smiled, no one laughed.

If more people swam and looked after themselves we might not have an NHS service creaking under the weight of the clinically obese. :)

You can't beat the buzz of jumping into ice cold water and swimming a few lengths early morning when the pool's quiet. Fantastic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here