Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you a Sussex born BHA fan?

Are you a Sussex born BHA fan?

• Total voters

D

Deleted member 2719

Yeah but No....But Yeah....Well i was born in Surrey and lived their for 3 years(bordering Sussex) then lived my youth and most of my life in Sussex.
But as far as i am concerned i am Sussex Born and Bred!

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Glasfyrn and I have the same age and birthplace. I went to the Knoll and we played School footy against each other. I also went to the same Jnr. school as HB&B. Here is West Blatchington school team circa 1956-57.

WestBlatchingtonSchoolStanBrand.jpg

blueandwhitestripes

Mar 18, 2008
Sussex
Born in Sussex then moved to Surrey when very young but thankfully moved back to Sussex and my dad took us to bha games. Hard to believe I could have been taken to selhurst. Fate can be a good thing

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Moved to sussex when 3 months old. Never supported anyone else. Dad didn't like football - still doesn't!

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
Born in maternity home in Portland Road Hove,went to Portland Rd infant and junior schools and then Knoll acadamy for sons of gentle folk. Family origionally came from Thackham where they had been sheep farmers for 4 or 5 generations. My dad first took me to Goldstone Ground in 1953

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Born at The Royal Sussex County in Brighton. As was my own son. It's nice up in that tower, lovely views across the city and out to sea!

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Great Grandma....Great Grandpa.........both born Brighton
Grandma....Grandpa.........................both born Brighton
Mother ...Brighton.....Father ...Hastings
Me............ Born 37 Gordon Road Brighton.

Mungo_Jerry

Sep 27, 2011
5th generation of my family born, raised and lived whole live in Hove. Pretty sad really, we're like rednecks.

ryeseagull

Feb 26, 2009
United States
My son is the first in my male line not to be born in Sussex since the eighteenth-century. Or, as I like to put it, since before the United States was a country.

I bucked the trend to be born in Hastings, instead of Rye.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Oh yes.

Very proud of my Brighton roots, the greatest city on Earth. My Irish great, great grandfather moved into Nelson Row in the 1880's, and we've been here ever since (but not Nelson Row thankfully!).

Last edited:

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Nope, born in Buckinghamshire, grew up in Kent, and lived all over the country as an adult. I'd always kept an eye out for Brighton's results over the years and attended the odd match, but never really called myself a "supporter". Then, after moving to Worthing 4 years ago, I went along to increasingly more games at Withers and the AMEX, and got my first ST this season. I would classify myself as a supporter now, I see being a supporter as putting your money where your mouth is, giving your money to the club in various ways. JCL? Maybe, but I've very quickly become obsessed over the past 4 years!!!

Won't ever move away from god's own county though :D

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
No, was born in Lincolnshire , parents & grandparents all from Brighton .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here