Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you a Sussex born BHA fan?

Are you a Sussex born BHA fan?

• Total voters

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Born in Guys Hospital, and came home to Brighton aged 3 days. I still haven't forgiven may parents for not being actually born in Brighton and I never received a sufficiently valid (in my view) reason for this appalling error of judgement on their part!

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Ouch - no "Sussex born, but bred elsewhere" choice. Born in Shoreham, lived there for a paltry two years then moved to Barnet. Still an Albion fan though.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Brighton born and bred, Sussex through and through.

spig100963

Mar 18, 2011
Born in maternity home in Portland Road Hove,went to Portland Rd infant and junior schools and then Knoll acadamy for sons of gentle folk. Family origionally came from Thackham where they had been sheep farmers for 4 or 5 generations. My dad first took me to Goldstone Ground in 1953

Looks like a few of us old Knoll school frequent NSC.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
84% Sussex born, that is pretty damned impressive if these 400 votes are representative of the Amex attendances. You could hardly level the term "glory hunters" at the majority of the fanbase even taking into account the amazing stadium and flairtastic team. Can you be termed a glory hunter if you're locally born??

Last edited:

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
Born and bred in West Sussex, moved to East Sussex, then back to West Sussex, then to Belgium. The Albion and Sussex CCC are both very important to my well being.

spig100963

Mar 18, 2011
My dad went to Knoll Academy for Boys - would have been around 1953 he started. Didn't you start at age 11 then?

Went to Knoll school for boys from 74 to 79. Imagine this is the same place differently named. Fantastic education!

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Went to Knoll school for boys from 74 to 79. Imagine this is the same place differently named. Fantastic education!

It had obviously changed a lot by '74 if you had never heard all the sarcastic derivatives of it's name. ???
Then I supposed the world had post 60's. How many understand............. I went to a good School, it was Approved!

yoda559

Feb 10, 2012
Newmarket
If i had been a home birth, I would have been born in Sussex (Hartfield).
But, the hospital my mother was taken to was over the border in Kent, so I suppose I was actually Born in Kent.

However, I do not concider myself to be from kent, as the night i was born was the only night I have stayed in Kent!

spig100963

Mar 18, 2011
It had obviously changed a lot by '74 if you had never heard all the sarcastic derivatives of it's name. ???
Then I supposed the world had post 60's. How many understand............. I went to a good School, it was Approved!

I wonder what trendy name they have for approved schools now?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here