Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you a Jimmy Savile?

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
I have to say I do feel that Mr Barber is rather rushing in like a bull in a China shop as opposed to bedding down gently and gaining fan respect. Would help if he were more pro-active with the supporters to. Just my own opinion.

This the more i hear about this man and reading some of his comments is really peeing me off.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I can't see how anyone benefits from this decision. I'm not bothered about being entertained by cheerleaders, I go for the football, but the kids love Gully's Girls, and they do fantastic work in the community. So why do it? Who is it benefitting? It just doesn't make any sense and for all the Barber out nonsense that's become cliché now this is the first thing he has done which frankly reeks. No doubt a troupe of dancers is how it's done in America or wherever he was last but this is Brighton and like it or not Gully's Girls had become a part of that and not 6 months into his tenure they are toast. A silly thing to be annoyed about maybe but it all seems an utterly pointless loss.

I thought it was a joke when first told TBH. I mean, why? And why treat the girls who have given countless hours up for the Club for nothing.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Gullys girls do not "maximise income revenues"

Expect Barber to put in place something that does.

Hmmm.............perhaps Barber can introduce a scheme in which we have to put money into female's slot for them to perform.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Fans to wear Jimmy Savile masks at the Sky televised game against Watford ???

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

So we can look forward to the big screens showing video packages like "Glenn Murray - My Favourite Goals" and "Scott McGleish - We Hardly Knew You" that will get the fans running for the concourses. The team will warm up indoors as well now, all that time we are watching the team warm up and then Gully Girls could be spent shoving more beer and pies down our necks.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
I can't believe that many people even give a f***. it's footballfor fucks sake not basketball. We don't need sodding cheerleaders. What happened to just a bit of music on the tannoy and Gully twatting around in front of the kids?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I can't believe that many people even give a f***. it's footballfor fucks sake not basketball. We don't need sodding cheerleaders. What happened to just a bit of music on the tannoy and Gully twatting around in front of the kids?

Is Richie Reynolds going next ???

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

Its because it is down to Barber

He does what he wants

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box

Lap dancing?

Seriously though. Think this is a very poor decision from PB. The girls cost the club a few uniforms and a few free seats for games - Nothing on the grand scale of things. The girls provided excellent "value for money" for the club and so the decision to axe them is both bad "fan engagement" and bad business!

I really couldn't give a shit.

I have to say I don't either to be honest, I'd never seen them due to always being in the bars but if they were dumped like this, and especially if the Jimmy Saville comment is true then Barber really is showing his true colours.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'm still up for animal wrestling for pre-match entertainment. I'd more likely swoon on the receiving end of a wink from a scratch-faced orangutan as its torn-to-pieces nemesis is carried off in KFC buckets as i would from one of the endlessly avid lasses flashing their bacon as they high-kick past. They'd be hairy heroes in the making. And i bet the back gardens of El Flairito Avenue have a small zoo in each that could provide beasts of varying size and have our spanish superstars more involved in the running of the club. It's sad when things change, but if the girls we know are replaced by creatures battling for their sizes, then i'm all in. A season ending no holds barred royal rumble could save us all time in voting for the world's hardest animal too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here