Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you a Heart Fm fan ?

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Heart FM is the worst station ever. Banal, syndicated content with a playlist of about 100 records tops. Expect to hear Carly Rae Jepsen, Olly Murs and One Direction practically on a loop. Throw boring, brain-dead presenters into the mix and it is just a perfect storm of mediocrity.

Oh for the days of Southern Sound.......

Last edited:

djlazyness

Oct 21, 2011
Peacehaven
It is pretty dire all it is play is a small selection of chart song typicality meanless pop songs I would rather stick needles in my eyes than listen to it. I prefer BBC Radio one extra, 6 music or a really cool station on the tune-in app called Open dub-step

forrest

Aug 11, 2010
haywards heath
It's aload of old dross now! Used to listen to it when it was Southern FM and Southern Sound. But not anymore. Used to love Terry's last bus to Whitehawk!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Wife and daughter like it so it's on the radio alarm in the mornings and in the wife's car. Soon as I'm dressed and downstairs the DAB is on for 5Live. Get fed up with the Heart breakfast crew euilogising about the next us show on Sky Atlantic. Strange that they never ever mention programmes on terrestial tv! Probably due to a tie in between Global Radio and Mr Murdoch!

daveybgtt

May 12, 2010
North Sompting
My dad used to be a DJ on southern sound, Bob James, in the afternooooooooooooooon :lol:

Yeah it's shite now, bloke at work has it on, he met jack the lad once and he was nice so now we're lumbered with it in our office. The forced laughter on the breakfast show is cringeworthy, OH JACK HAHAHAH YOU'RE SUCH A CARD LOL WHAT WILL YOU SAY NEXT ROFL HOHOHO!

:tosser:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Heart FM is the worst station ever. Banal, syndicated content with a playlist of about 100 records tops. Expect to hear Carly Rae Jepsen, Olly Murs and One Direction practically on a loop

You forgot Michael Buble and Adele.

I turn my radio off the second I hear Jack The Lad's whiney voice and scripted, unfunny one liners.

I find a strange pleasure in the Paul Miller Show on BBC Sussex though. I suspect I'm about twenty years younger than their target audience, but it does tickle me when Mavis from Leatherhead calls up to witter on about fountain pens, or Roger from Blandford Forum rings in to regale the audience of pensioners (and me) with the story of the time he went into the Winchester branch of WH Smith only to find out they'd SOLD OUT of Model Maker Monthly for the first time in a decade. It's curiously comforting on my way home from a late shift to know that, despite all that's wrong with the world, there are large parts of Britain where everything is just fine so long as you can still get sliced white loaves in Sainsbury's, and Cliff Richard remains on the playlist.

Cypriot-Seagull

Jul 15, 2011
Somewhere in Cyprus
I moved away from Hove 13 years ago so haven't had the pleasure of listening to it over recent years but occasionally use Tunein radio on my phone and I've gotta say that it's as if I never moved away...time warp or what!!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Southern Sound was fun to grow up to... And then it became Southern FM which became awful until its demise a couple of years ago. Heart replaced it and isn't much better, but so long as planned play lists are used, radio will be all the poorer for it.
I never listen to the dross on Radio 1, so couldn't give a toss about Moyles anyway.

Most nights in the Berry household we have Absolute 80's on in the background.. but that's probably an age thing!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Why do ALL radio stations seem to think it's necessary to have a "comedy" sidekick on the breakfast show, out of interest?

I don't get it. I don't need some up-his-own-backside mockney stroker arsing about at 5:30am to get me ready for work. Just put some music on and perhaps the news.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
You forgot Michael Buble and Adele.

I turn my radio off the second I hear Jack The Lad's whiney voice and scripted, unfunny one liners.

I find a strange pleasure in the Paul Miller Show on BBC Sussex though. I suspect I'm about twenty years younger than their target audience, but it does tickle me when Mavis from Leatherhead calls up to witter on about fountain pens, or Roger from Blandford Forum rings in to regale the audience of pensioners (and me) with the story of the time he went into the Winchester branch of WH Smith only to find out they'd SOLD OUT of Model Maker Monthly for the first time in a decade. It's curiously comforting on my way home from a late shift to know that, despite all that's wrong with the world, there are large parts of Britain where everything is just fine so long as you can still get sliced white loaves in Sainsbury's, and Cliff Richard remains on the playlist.

:lol::lol: Absolutely this. You can't beat the Paul Miller show with the old ladies and gents phoning up talking to camp old Paul about the above. It almost makes up for not having a phone in any more!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here