Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you a Heart Fm fan ?

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Horrible clone radio tosh, only partially saved by "Club Classics" on a Friday night.
"More Music Variety" but I'm sure its basically the same 12 songs repeated all day long.

Not sure what worse, Heart or Magic "Divorce" FM.....

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
Tune in to Radio Reverb...

Upside
No advert breaks
No news, travel or weather interruptions
No pre-determined playlists - we play what we want

Downside
Music / discussions may not be to everyone's taste
We're on it...

This :rock:

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Had a bad experience with the Heart FM management team when my old band did a gig for them. They asked us to do a covers set, which we were fine with. We had loads of covers. Good ones. They wanted us to do covers on the dross on their current rotation instead.

We said we'd rather do a selection of ours and they asked for an example so we said "Stand By Me", only to be met with a quizzical look and the question "Stand By Me? Who is that by then?"

Tools.

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
Had a bad experience with the Heart FM management team when my old band did a gig for them. They asked us to do a covers set, which we were fine with. We had loads of covers. Good ones. They wanted us to do covers on the dross on their current rotation instead.

We said we'd rather do a selection of ours and they asked for an example so we said "Stand By Me", only to be met with a quizzical look and the question "Stand By Me? Who is that by then?"

Tools.

Back when they were Southern FM I emailed their PR team an idea for Party in the Park. It was meant to be a 'band competition' so a band could win the right to perform there. The lady in PR got back to me and said she would put it to management. I thought nothing of it, thinking she was just being friendly. (I as about 16 at the time) couple of months before they suddenly announced that they were running this competition to get bands to perform on stage at party in the park, credit was given to the lady in their PR team for coming up with the idea. *sigh* i am glad it was a failure.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Back when they were Southern FM I emailed their PR team an idea for Party in the Park. It was meant to be a 'band competition' so a band could win the right to perform there. The lady in PR got back to me and said she would put it to management. I thought nothing of it, thinking she was just being friendly. (I as about 16 at the time) couple of months before they suddenly announced that they were running this competition to get bands to perform on stage at party in the park, credit was given to the lady in their PR team for coming up with the idea. *sigh* i am glad it was a failure.

Yeah our "gig" was at the first Brighton Marathon on a stage they set up by Grand Avenue. Thing is, the competition was marketed as a way for local, unsigned bands to get their music heard live on the radio and that's why we entered.

We got selected along with a few other acts and when we went for that meeting with their management it soon became clear that it wasn't at all about getting our music out there, despite their marketing. It was about getting local bands to play boring covers of the awful music played on their station for free.

Thankfully, we stood our ground and they eventually deigned to allow us to do our covers set so we played 'Stand By Me', 'Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da', 'Bad Moon Rising' and a couple of others.

I maintain we got the loudest cheer on the day.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
"More music variety" :nono:

I have to suffer this shite at work sometimes. Sums up everything that is wrong with day time radio in this country. Internet radio is definitely the way to go if you can't stand play listed pop. Radio 3, 4 or 5 is my choice of analogue radio.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Don't mind the time tunnel and club classics and that Jack bloke's a good laff.

I listen to radio 1 in my motor some mornings now and I enjoy hearing Showbot telling punters at random to "Shut up, PLEASE shut up".

nordicgod

Top banana
Jul 21, 2011
polegate
if they play that bloody michael buble song again i will freak, its been on for weeks already and its not even released till april time so they say. i believe they have about 15 songs on their playlist and just put on repeat all day long, but i dont like club classics on a friday night though

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Dreadful music playlist, dreadful presenters. My wife has it on in the car and used to complain when I periodically retuned it so now on the very odd occasions that I drive it's CDs for me.

Incidentally I was once followed on twitter by a presenter of Heart in Wiltshire. It was her personal account though and I hadn't noticed it on her bio so I followed back. Literally about 20 minutes later I tweeted something like "My son says there are 1000s of songs on his radio but as it's tuned to Heart it only ever plays 3 of them." Cue the fastest mutual unfollow in twitter history.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I got nabbed by one of their promo girls last year at a petrol station and she asked me if I listened to Heart. I said "no, because you play shit music and repetitive shit music at that" - she wandered off muttering something and I didn't get my free car sticker !

Radio 2 for me.

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
Pretty much forced to listen to it at work, the morning show isn't to bad, but the music is just awful. Thankfully, where I do most of my work is the furthest away from the radio and can be noisey so don't have to hear it to much.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Fipp, Radio 4, 2, 6 but travelling around a lot I like to tune into some of the local radio stations, especially in Norfolk. Proper Alan Partridge shite and funny with it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here