Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are we very very close to having areally really good team.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Not far from being a very good team at this level. Unlucky today not to have scored 3 or 4 against a team in premier league last year. Still looking good for rest of the season.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Of the matches I have seen this season
1: Hull, even match, lost when Bruno went to sleep in last ten minutes
2: Cardiff, best team I have seen this season, but they did not create many chances, so a draw a fair result
3: Millwall, we were the better team and deserved to win.
4: Leicester: Poor for ten minutes where we lost the game, then shaded it. Should have picked up a point from penalty from Barnes.
5: Derby: Better team, lacked finishing power
6: Leeds: Far better team, Orlandi and CMS should have taken their chance and penalty to secure three points
7: Blackpool: Dreadful, got out of jail, but points thrown away
8: Wolves, played better football, but their more direct approach meant they looked more likely to score. Again we threw away points
9 Huddersfield, played superbly for 45 minutes, and had the match wrapped up by half time, however nearly threw it away in last few minutes.

Apart from Cardiff, no team has particularly impressed me, more chances created this season by far, but finding a prolific striker (and CMS has done reasonably well, but I think has been a slight disappointment overall) at this level is both difficult and expensive.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
We already are a very strong and highly competitive Championship team.

7 months ago Bolton were in the Premier League but today we played them off the park.

Bang on.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
I have read a lot of negative comments about this team in various threads but this team really does have the potential to be great, whether that would take an additional player I'm not sure because Hoskins or Dobbie will come good and add the additional firepower we need to make it to The Premiership. It will happen, it will.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
We already are a very strong and highly competitive Championship team.

7 months ago Bolton were in the Premier League but today we played them off the park.

We seem to play most teams of the park at home but either lose or draw.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Dougie Freedman said it all (to his credit): "Brighton were fantastic".

I agree, we are on the threshold of having a very good side with strength in depth, cover in all positions (except keeper) and a squad that gets the way GP wants to play. Clutching a draw from the jaws of victory twice in three games is bloody annoying, but look at the positives - only four defeats (all 1-0), joint best defensive record in division. 7 points lost due missed pens today, Leeds and Leicester would see us comfortalby third.

Last season did lose the faith a couple of times but this season we have seen no game where we have been outclassed; just a bit more composure and luck and we can have a charge. Top two is probably beyond us now but PO is on.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
We are close to having a very very good team.

I like CMS. On form he's unplayable, but I think if we had a more consistent striker then we will have found the final piece of the jigsaw. As it goes, it would be ace if that striker turned out to be Will Hoskins.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It seems we need 20 chances to score and the oppistion need just one. I agree that performances have been great but need the end product as well.

Fair enough. We need a more deadly strikeforce, but that is easier said than done. Nearly all teams play one up front these days, and our central midfield (Hammond, Dicker, Bridcutt, Orlandi and Crofts) combination have managed one goal between them in their last 240 collective appearances. This puts too much pressure on CMS, Barnes and Buckley.

Sompting_Seagull

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand
If we can get Vicente fit for 2013, it will be interesting to see how high they can go. Can't wait for the cup run too, gonna take a few premiership scalps me thinks.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
We've absolutely battered a team littered with prem players today. I'm gutted not to get 3 points but haven't got that empty, can't see the light at the end of the tunnel feeling. We are moving in the right direction, that works for me!

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
Fair enough. We need a more deadly strikeforce, but that is easier said than done. Nearly all teams play one up front these days, and our central midfield (Hammond, Dicker, Bridcutt, Orlandi and Crofts) combination have managed one goal between them in their last 240 collective appearances. This puts too much pressure on CMS, Barnes and Buckley.

we shouldn't be playing that formation at home. We should be playing an attacking formation at home and making the Amex a fortress but we're not and its a bit worring. Im pissed off again but will be in a bullish mood again Tuesday but need 3 points to boost moral for me the must win game of the season on Saturday.

Night.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I think we are two players short.

The sooner Ashley Barnes is left out and moved on the better, and in his case we have the players on the bench to replace him, so its annoying it hasn't been done. Hopefully after today, even Gus will finally accept defeat, and accept Barnes is an average 1st Division player at best.

The second player is someone to replace Gordon Greer. This bloke is coming a bigger liability as the months go by. Can't remember the last time he won a header. His positioning is woeful, leadership of the back line, very poor. Appartently Gus' main target this January is a center half. I think any funds available should be spent there.

Other than that, the team is sorted IMO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here