Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are we very very close to having areally really good team.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Sorry to start another thread about this but I want something confirmed here. I don't watch every week obviously but.

Judging by what I have seen, watch 99% of people on her say and the reactions of other supporters and managers we are playing some of the best football in the division and completely dominating games. What we are not doing is getting the ball in the back of the net to kill off games. This is leaving the door open for the opposition to grab late equalizers or park the bus and frustrate us.

If this is the case, we are surely very close to having a team with enough quality to go up and continue to impress at a higher level. If we can sort out the goal scoring problem then who knows how far we can go.

Question is: How long are we prepared to wait for Gus et al to sort out the problem?

personally I think that what is being built is worth waiting for. With this problem sorted it appears to me that we would be able to go up and hold our own in the Premiership. So I can wait another couple of seasons.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Agreed but a bit worrying if we lose the likes of Buckley and Bridcutt, some of the football today was brilliant.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If come January we're still in touching distance of the playoffs, and find some sort of Murray/Lambert/Holt style player, we'd be a very good side.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
OPs final paragraph is right though, what Gus is building is special and worth waiting for, I genuinely believe that.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We are tantalising close which means at some point we will start to turn the tide and win week in week out, not sure when but we are very close

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Only really need a quality finisher and a centre back with decent distribution.

Buckley won't be here next season if we don't go up, and we'd then be pretty ineffective!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
If we had 2 (Not 1) strikers and an attacking midfielder in the "Bridcutt" mould (not in style) we would be right up there.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
We look a far better team than last season. We are controlling games and I think it's only a matter of time before we go on a long winning run. Even if we don't go up, we've improved under Gus every year so I can see that continuing next season. Especially as the budget should improve and we'll have the new training ground.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Maybe for our long term future another season in the Championship to continue building the team and style may not be such a bad thing. Especially if it give JFC some proper game time with us.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I was very excited watching us today at times very very good times are ahead
Imagine in jan if we find this elusive striker plus Vicente getting fit playing along side Orlandi
Buckley rampaging down the wings with full backs like bridge & Bruno and kushack in goal
Forgotten about tonight's result already

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We already are a very strong and highly competitive Championship team.

7 months ago Bolton were in the Premier League but today we played them off the park.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I was very excited watching us today at times very very good times are ahead
Imagine in jan if we find this elusive striker plus Vicente getting fit playing along side Orlandi
Buckley rampaging down the wings with full backs like bridge & Bruno and kushack in goal oh my god !!!!
Forgotten about tonight's result already

Or somebody,anybody to come short,turn and run at them off a Bridcutt short pass,how many times does Bridcutt have to hold his arms out after doing the hard work?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
We are a good team. All I have seen this season is shit teams turn up at the Amex and get away with a result.

Have not seen one team who have offered anything.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
I just hope we can keep the great players that we have, and not become a selling team to pay for things that have been built and are going to be built.

Surely we have to maintain the core of this team.

If good offers come in, will Gus be forced to sell to balance the books? I sincerely hope not, and the upwards trend for this club continues for years to come yet, after so many years in the doldrums from the not too distant past! :albion2:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
The last minute equaliser was a kick in the teeth but there is no denying that we are a very good side, playing very good football. We will be there or thereabouts at the the end of the season. I am sticking to my prediction of 6th.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
We are a good team. All I have seen this season is shit teams turn up at the Amex and get away with a result.

Have not seen one team who have offered anything.

It will turn our way mate. I will see you in Mrs Miggins pie shop to discuss.:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here