Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are we really expected to beat villa

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Presuming you are telling the truth I would love to be you.
To be able to treat every game the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been watching this game far too long........I shout and scream home and away like a 20 yr old in tight jeans, but take nowt for granted.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Keep it tight at the back.
Pick up the spare man.
Get our own men out wide.
Let the ball do the work.
Nailed on victory*

*were loose

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Certain that Villa will be seeing this as a big test, and a chance to kick on their recent form. BHAFC away will be a big scalp for them.

Wouldn’t want it any other way. Should be a good battle.

el punal

Having beaten a Norwich team so convincingly
Who were near the top of the league are we in danger of thinking that all we have to do is turn up & we will win

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, with Chris Hughton in charge, there will be absolutely no danger of just turning up and expecting to win. Having confidence yes, being complacent - defininetly not.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I agree with the OP - it's all a bit mad how much we're overachieving in terms of budgets of other teams - just enjoy the ride. If we don't beat villa we'll have to bounce back.

Whilst I don't dispute for one moment what you say about budgets, it is invariably about far more than that alone - (not suggesting you disagree with this, by the way) managerial nous /team discipline/greed/ luck/togetherness etc etc Many aspects have to come together for promotion. Let it just be us this year!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Whilst I don't dispute for one moment what you say about budgets, it is invariably about far more than that alone - (not suggesting you disagree with this, by the way) managerial nous /team discipline/greed/ luck/togetherness etc etc Many aspects have to come together for promotion. Let it just be us this year!

Absolutely agree with you. And it's bloody refreshing that it is! Our team ethos & spirit is worth £10mil alone IMO :clap2:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
We've come off the back of the last two international breaks looking distinctly sluggish with points dropped at home before picking up the pace subsequently. Hopefully come out all fired up for Villa.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
We've come off the back of the last two international breaks looking distinctly sluggish with points dropped at home before picking up the pace subsequently. Hopefully come out all fired up for Villa.
I thought that. The international break has come at a bad time for us, as we are on a good run of form. Hopefully we continue it.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Confident of the win! 50 mil is nothing compared to the team spirit and confidence within the Brighton squad at the moment! :albion2:

Would anyone here swap the current Albion squad and overall enthusiasm for Villas current set-up? I know I wouldn't...

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
We have to aim for 4 points from each double header so that's winning at home and drawing or better away. That won't happen but a few 3 point teams are balanced by the teams we take 6 against. What we have to cut out from other seasons is drawing too many. 2 points against a team is not good enough. 3 or more please every time. Win the home games and we'll rack up enough away to be up there.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
With RDM in charge this was a guaranteed 3 points, however, Bruce has made them tough to beat so a draw wouldn't be a surprise for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here