Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are we playing for 2nd place?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
But they've won 2 more.

Too many draws is what undone us last season.

Indeed, but baldock has remembered what he's here for at last, so maybe we're already turning draws into wins.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Indeed, but baldock has remembered what he's here for at last, so maybe we're already turning draws into wins.

Well, this time last Saturday I certainly wasn't feeling that.

But the encouraging thing for me is that there's been no sign of a hangover from the trauma of how last season ended. I think we've got some good strong characters in that dressing room. We're still disciplined, well organised, and bloody tough to beat. I'm not quite convinced we'll finished top 2, but I think we're looking like a top 4 team right now, and if we're still within striking distance come the business end of the season, who knows.

I'm just loving being consistently one of the best teams in the division yet again at this level.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I would say that we haven't really hit our top form yet. Lots of teams seem to be faltering, all the while we are putting distance between ourselves and the likes of Wednesday, Derby and Norwich all the better.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
FFS, it's OCTOBER! Anything could happen between now and May.

I don't get this fascination with talking about promotion and relegation places the moment the first ball is kicked in the first have of the season.

It's bonkers!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Newcastle are a different class in this division. Are we playing for 2nd or are they not infallible?

they've lost three already and concede goals, so they are definatly not infallible. a dry patch from their forwards and suddenly they start to lose traction, bit of pressure from the crowd and they could yet stumble.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Newcastle are a different class in this division. Are we playing for 2nd or are they not infallible?

Oh look, a big club, they are MUCH better than us, blah blah blah.......

They are only 3 points ahead FFS, stop having an inferiority complex or stop trolling, or both :tosser:

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

They ain't Real Madrid FFS!

We can beat any side in this division.

So my answer is a definite NO! :thumbsup:

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
Newcastle are rightly favourites but it is by no means fair to assume that the title is done. I would be very surprised if anyone ended up with a better goal difference than Newcastle. But there are very few easy matches in the Championship - and there is rarely a runaway winner for this reason.

I think we will be there or thereabouts at the end

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I will be happy if we finished 2nd...hope we are going for 1st and i will still (even after today) be happy with a top 6.......Prove me wrong Albion and take the top 2.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
Who remembers Saints in League One? They were supposed to storm it with their far superior budget and we finished almost 10 ahead.

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
Who remembers Saints in League One? They were supposed to storm it with their far superior budget and we finished almost 10 ahead.

Exactly ... let's see how it looks after we've won 8 in a row in March

Whitley Bayster

Jul 4, 2011
Whitley Bay Tyne and Wear
We'll lose less games than them as they are prone to the odd lapse but can we keep the number of draws down to overhaul them. I bloody hope so as it will make my a joy for at least a couple of years!!! That said I'd take second right now

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

There's as much chance of Newcastle having a car-crash as there is of them going up. Difficult to say.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here