Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are we one of the unluckiest clubs out there?

Jimmy Grimble

Yes. Yes we are.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I wouldn't say ' one 'of the unluckiest.....

Jun 19, 2013
Cimxjd2XAAISxSw.jpg:large

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Miss out on promotion with a record high points total for 3rd in the Championship, on goal difference. 2-3 of our games against the top 2 had dubious refereeing decisions go against us (depending on whether you include the Burnley 'penalty' against Dunk), 4 of our players get injured in our play off first leg forcing us to play for most of the second half with 10 men. Looking increasingly likely we won't make it to Wembley AGAIN despite making the playoffs 3 of the last 4 seasons. Looking at our track record someone will probably come in and poach Hughton, Kayal, Goldson etc and we'll have to start again :nono:

0-2 up at QPR and we let them back, those two points lost......

Ipswich_Crazy

Dec 14, 2014
No, we are. Fourteen years in this bloody division and all we've got to show for it is a few dubious free signings, a tenner on our season ticket costs and a sort of Mid June hope which fades as we enter September.

14 years.....two half-assed play-off attempts and the rest mid-table mediocrity under managers who look good on paper. I don't include Mick in that, He's at least trying. It's the hope that kills you.

Blue_Boy

Apr 26, 2016
North Of The Wall
Sorry but this comes across too much as a self pity party. As we only lost 5 league games I am sick inside we won't be going up but I refuse to blame luck

There's not a Club in the Championship or any other division that couldn't moan about 'if onlys' - OK Aston Villa excluded. To get so near & be left missing out boils down to error. In those last few vital games we froze at vital stages. Bad marking, missing a chance. One or two stupid goals saved, a couple of sitters put away & we'd be up

We had opportunities that would've made the last league game's unfortunate decisions & the two legs v Sheff W irrelevant. We dropped points that would have left Boro or Burnley scrapping for second place. Mistakes, bad judgement, players underperforming. Not bad luck

I don't want to call my Club cursed by misfortune. It was in our hands with several games to go. Should never have been down to tonight

I'm being honest because we need to look within to make sure this doesn't happen next season. We had luck. It balances out. My concern is stability. Not losing key players or CH. Positivity is hard right now but let's take it on the chin - and romp it next year. Heads up folks

Last edited:

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
Yes .and by a country mile
this seasons luck has almost always been bad luck , not too many incidents of good fortune that i could name , but lots of unfortunate ones , mainly erronous officialdom ,,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here