Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are we more likely to win the champions league next season than win the championship?

Jeep

Aug 1, 2003
So, perhaps most likely to win neither. But, which of the above 2 choices is the more likely?
Are there odds for this sort of stuff?
I quite fancy the thought of looking back in 10 years or so and thinking we more likely to have CL success than ....

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Relegation isn’t off the cards yet (But seeming increasingly unlikely!). The whole world’s gone mad

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
This could be me THE most ridiculous thread so far, but I've bitten I guess.

As silly as it sounds, it's to win the Champions League only because I can not see a universe or scenario where we get relegated. Even if we match the worst team in the league for the 2nd half of the season (Southampton on 12 points) that would put us on 39 points, which I think would be enough. We also still have the bottom 4 to play at home, so that guarantees at least 4 points.......

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I think some people are a little over excited and need to have a nice lie down with some hot cocoa.

We loose against the bottom four. We always do.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
So, perhaps most likely to win neither. But, which of the above 2 choices is the more likely?
I quite fancy the thought of looking back in 10 years or so and thinking we more likely to have CL success than ....
FFS! :facepalm:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Everyone needs to calm down.

Don't they fecking just!

Time for me to take a break from here I think.
What with the Potter hating revisionistas and the hyperbole crew, it's all getting very silly.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Yeah, perhaps.....

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Realistically, will we ever win The Premier League?

If we continue our trajectory, then yes, it is possible... but we would need to build a squad better than ALL of the big six (and Newcastle) for a season... which makes it incredibly unlikely. However, we've got this far... if we can continue adding top quality talent to the squad AND keep our best players, then who knows. Maybe. It's not impossible.

Qualifying for the Champions League? Very possible, but still unlikely... but let's say we managed to finish 4th. How likely would it be to win the thing? I think the best idea we can have is by looking at Man City's record - they've been world class for years now, qualifying every year, and still yet to win it... but could we do the one thing they have failed to do?..... Not a f***ing chance :ROFLMAO:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
So far with RDZ, there has been exactly one win (Chelsea) in the league against a team currently not in the bottom 3.

Lets take one step at a time perhaps and start off with beating another none-relegation zone team, maybe on Saturday, and just slowly take it from there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here