Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are we going to make a loan signing?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So would I - but not away to Burnley. That doesn't seem right - maybe in the next home game..? I expect him to go with Calde as its more defensive cover. Calde & Bruno do link up well. In fact both tend to link up well with whoever they play with on that right hand side..
Yes, the Bruno/Calde "just take care of the right side between you" option has always been a good one, IMHO. Maybe not much longer for Calde, but the old boy's got a few good matches in him yet, if he paces himself.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yes, the Bruno/Calde "just take care of the right side between you" option has always been a good one, IMHO. Maybe not much longer for Calde, but the old boy's got a few good matches in him yet, if he paces himself.

Yes you're right. Even last season that worked well tbf. As for Calde, I was saying to my dad earlier about that unsung hero award and how Calde really is the biggest legend at the club - ok alongside God Bob of course....

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
As it sounds like KLL may not make the game on Sunday, I'd say it is pretty important we make at least an LB loan signing ahead of the game. This would mean March and Rosenior could be the wide players and Murphy could take Baldock's role as it's confirmed he is out as well.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
If we are going to sign one or more loanees let's just get on with it.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I think Manu will come on as a sub and make a real impact against Burnley. The guys got the speed and strength we need. Watch this space. :thumbsup:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As it sounds like KLL may not make the game on Sunday, I'd say it is pretty important we make at least an LB loan signing ahead of the game. This would mean March and Rosenior could be the wide players and Murphy could take Baldock's role as it's confirmed he is out as well.

Very sensible but too logical for most on here who want LR at left back.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Glenn Murray would be an ideal loanee.

(not for Left Back though)

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Glenn Murray would be an ideal loanee.

(not for Left Back though)

If we still had Sami in charge I wouldn't have ruled out Murray being in at LB.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If Murray has irrevocably fallen out with Bournemouth where could he go, and stay within a drivable distance from Brighton ?

Albion
QPR
Brentford
Charlton
Fulham
Reading ?

Not many others, we'd be in with a good shout to sign him on a 93 day loan ( although Bournemouth could recall him in January to sell ).

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Has anyone mentioned MATT DERBYSHIRE? Surely the man to FIRE us into the PREMIER LEAGUE

He was a suggestion as a cheap loan/fill in fo the injured Baldock which excluding BZ is better than we have at the moment. He would be cheaper than most premier side loans like Bamford or Akpom who are both out on season loans. Probably only cost £200k plus wages, which his at Rotherham wont be high Who else Achiebie at WBA?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
He would be cheaper than most premier side loans like Bamford or Akpom who are both out on season loans. Probably only cost £200k plus wages, which his at Rotherham wont be high Who else Achiebie at WBA?

Of course he's cheaper than Bamford, because Bamford is quality and Derbyshire is shit.

200k to borrow Rotherhams free transfer and a struggling teams main striker. what planet are you on?

Not even on Planet football rumours would something quite so daft exist, which one of your numerous made up "sources" put forward this beauty?

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
Of course he's cheaper than Bamford, because Bamford is quality and Derbyshire is shit.

200k to borrow Rotherhams free transfer and a struggling teams main striker. what planet are you on?

Not even on Planet football rumours would something quite so daft exist, which one of your numerous made up "sources" put forward this beauty?

Quality, really made me chuckle.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
He was a suggestion as a cheap loan/fill in fo the injured Baldock which excluding BZ is better than we have at the moment. He would be cheaper than most premier side loans like Bamford or Akpom who are both out on season loans. Probably only cost £200k plus wages, which his at Rotherham wont be high Who else Achiebie at WBA?
If we are barrel scraping, why not go for another equally as poor journeyman, perhaps

Church
Wilbraham
Ishmael Miller

???

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
We need a striker desperately.

Unless we go with Manu who so far has shown nothing to suggest he is up to it.

Wouldn't want to sacrifice Murphy out wide.

Almost anyone would do as only need to raise game for couple games. Christ , we saw Phil Stant do that !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here