Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are we going to make a loan signing?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
We are one of Burnley's rivals for promotion; the last thing they're going to do is help us out by loaning us Ward.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We are one of Burnley's rivals for promotion; the last thing they're going to do is help us out by loaning us Ward.

Why not? If he can help us take the points off of the other promotion rivals like Hull Derby Middlesbro etc it will help them as the top 2 go up so they would be happy for it to be us and them.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I wouldnt have thought that was even a consideration.

What. The fact that as bozza has stated the squad were either on international duty or away on leave. I'd say it was a huge consideration. No point having someone here to train with the squad for a couple of weeks if the squad aren't here. Part of the reasoning forster caskey didn't stay at mk dons another month was because 2 weeks of that month would've been international break. The same situation applies here

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
It's not strange about there being no news about Baldock.

In a league of fine margins, there is plenty of reason not to keep the opposition up to date.

I thought it was common knowledge that Baldock was out for eight weeks. Even if it's not common knowledge, I'm sure Burnley would have put two and two together if we they knew we were sniffing around for a striker, especially one that they were after too.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
A loanee left back isn't required "by Sunday" but by Nov 25th. They will be available as cover for Rosenior until Bong is fit rather than being immediate first choice.
Cover for Baldock may be slightly more urgent but initially you would imagine Murphy will be given an opportunity to play the No 10 role (and yes, why not Elvis off the bench getting more game time :thumbsup: )

Stumpy Tim

I'm assuming Murphy will take Baldock's role, with either KLL or Calderon playing out wide alongside March. Alternatively we'll get a left back in loan, and Rosenior will play on the right.

Personally I would love to see KLL, March and Murphy play together

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What. The fact that as bozza has stated the squad were either on international duty or away on leave. I'd say it was a huge consideration. No point having someone here to train with the squad for a couple of weeks if the squad aren't here. Part of the reasoning forster caskey didn't stay at mk dons another month was because 2 weeks of that month would've been international break. The same situation applies here

A few days would have made no difference with a 93 day loan or season loan. Would have given them chance to get to know the place and some of the players and staff so wouldnt think it was a consideration. Only 3 away on interrnational duty the rest had the weekend off hence Kayal, Hemed and Stephens plus partners were in Paris and Uwe pobably in Germany with his family. It was only for the weekend still 3 or 4 days of last week and 4 of this to train and get to know each other.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I'm assuming Murphy will take Baldock's role, with either KLL or Calderon playing out wide alongside March. Alternatively we'll get a left back in loan, and Rosenior will play on the right.

Agreed re March, Murphy and KLL. All behind Hemed as the lone striker. Might be a bit much to expect KLL to start on Sunday though, I guess we don't know if he will even make the bench.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Or, maybe the players we want to bring in are on international duty therefore unable. To come during the break, it's fairly obvious it can work both ways. Plenty of times in the past we've had loan signings arrive and have very little time with the squad or facilities and they've fitted in ok

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Or, maybe the players we want to bring in are on international duty therefore unable. To come during the break, it's fairly obvious it can work both ways. Plenty of times in the past we've had loan signings arrive and have very little time with the squad or facilities and they've fitted in ok

That is possibly a reason.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
OK, Bong and Baldock out - but that's only two players. Does this mean that our summer transfer window wasn't quite as good as we thought it was, if we've got no-one in the squad good enough to come in?

This summer's transfer window was tremendous, but we had one hell of a lot of work to do. The only obvious gap was a rival/replacement for Baldock, so his absence is all the more glaring. Decent Championship strikers are hardly widely available. I'm quite happy that we didn't just settle on anyone in the summer. We're now in a position of strength and can hopefully bring in someone decent either in January, such as Calleri or Bolanos.
But as a short-term loan, either Kermogant (who would sort out our set-piece problems) or James Wilson are both good shouts.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
This summer's transfer window was tremendous, but we had one hell of a lot of work to do. The only obvious gap was a rival/replacement for Baldock, so his absence is all the more glaring. Decent Championship strikers are hardly widely available. I'm quite happy that we didn't just settle on anyone in the summer. We're now in a position of strength and can hopefully bring in someone decent either in January, such as Calleri or Bolanos.
But as a short-term loan, either Kermogant (who would sort out our set-piece problems) or James Wilson are both good shouts.
I wasn't having a moan - just playing a bit of devil's advocate really. But wasn't Manu meant to be part of the first team squad (actually playing when needed, I mean), and weren't Hambo and Harper, if not first team regulars or first choices, be meant to be knocking on the door by about Christmas?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I wasn't having a moan - just playing a bit of devil's advocate really. But wasn't Manu meant to be part of the first team squad (actually playing when needed, I mean), and weren't Hambo and Harper, if not first team regulars or first choices, be meant to be knocking on the door by about Christmas?

I didn't have you down as one of NSC's moaners. Yes, you're right on all that. I saw the last 75 minutes of the DS game against Norwich and thought both Manu and Harper looked encouraging. Harper needs a bit more time but, as Manu's first-team cameos have indicated, it's a big step up. We shall see.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

So would I - but not away to Burnley. That doesn't seem right - maybe in the next home game..? I expect him to go with Calde as its more defensive cover. Calde & Bruno do link up well. In fact both tend to link up well with whoever they play with on that right hand side..

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here