Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are we getting close to bed wetting time?

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
We were a surprise package last year, by retaining the near same squad we're in clear danger of weaknesses being discovered and systems being counter acted to great effect.

Kosh

Always find this sort of comment baffling. Last season wasn't played over one week. Teams had 9 months to counter our system. Given we finished with 89 points and lost only 5 games, most teams were evidently unsuccessful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Whilst we have a decent team and the moment and are coming off the back of a fantastic season to go one step further this season we need to strengthen and we haven't at the moment and I for one am a little disappointed with that. We are light up front and have a potential issue at CB with only one first choice currently fit. It's okay to say the window doesn't shut until 31st August but if last year proved anything it is that every point counts from first game to last. Action soon would be good

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Whilst we have a decent team and the moment and are coming off the back of a fantastic season to go one step further this season we need to strengthen and we haven't at the moment and I for one am a little disappointed with that. We are light up front and have a potential issue at CB with only one first choice currently fit. It's okay to say the window doesn't shut until 31st August but if last year proved anything it is that every point counts from first game to last. Action soon would be good

Arguably we are stronger up front with the addition of Murray who in my view will contribute as many goals a Zamora and Wilson combined. My guess (and it is a guess) is that the mystery 4th striker that we are currently in pursuit of will prove to be the marquee signing of the summer, but as we all know for teams in our division these tend to happen later rather than sooner.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

We also started okay last season despite signing four players in August.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Errmmm sorry but no - wtf are you twattering on about? I refer to 15/16 PO season, remember ? The two games against Wednesday, where a combination of bad luck (granted) and sub standard performances (Stockdale, Wilson) meant we lost to a bang average Wed side. I can't understand where you got the idea I was referring to two years ago?!? As for laughing; well I made comments (following the PO failure) re losing Dunk, Stephen's, Kayal and now you can add Hemed to the maybe pile- these were shot to pieces on here, I now feel that come Jan at least two of these will almost certainly be gone.

If we finish above 11th I'll be delighted, if that makes me a "bad" fan, well I prostrate myself at your glorious feet.

I have my opinion, you clearly have yours - best of luck with the we're going to win the league/finish second theory. We were a surprise package last year, by retaining the near same squad we're in clear danger of weaknesses being discovered and systems being counter acted to great effect. This season will not just be a walk to the PO or above, this will be the hardest season yet for this team to repeat and go one better than last year.

Mark my words, we will find a group of ready, wise and motivated teams waiting to prove we were nothing more than a one season wonder - and in a season too, lest we forget, where we won nothing.

Nah- my bed is now a water bed, and unless we supplement our squad with real fire, we're looking at mid-table at best.

Just my opinion - I'm usually wrong, and naturally I hope I am.

Kosh

Sorry, I misunderstood your post. I realise now it was even more rubbish than I first thought. Your comment about "who's laughing now" made me think you'd been proven right and weren't referring to now, when we've lost no players that we want to keep to date. That might yet change but it doesn't mean you were right.

As for last season's play offs, we lost four (yes four in case you forgot) players to injury in the first leg and, when on top, in the second leg they had a goal allowed which should have been disallowed for a clear foul. Hardly a capitulation.

I never said we were going to finish first or second. But your negativity is ludicrous and frankly ridiculous. We weren't a surprise package all last season and actually had a poor run over Christmas. We made a couple of signings and were even better after that. If you can't see it, then you must just be a negative person.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Sorry, I misunderstood your post. I realise now it was even more rubbish than I first thought. Your comment about "who's laughing now" made me think you'd been proven right and weren't referring to now, when we've lost no players that we want to keep to date. That might yet change but it doesn't mean you were right.

As for last season's play offs, we lost four (yes four in case you forgot) players to injury in the first leg and, when on top, in the second leg they had a goal allowed which should have been disallowed for a clear foul. Hardly a capitulation.

I never said we were going to finish first or second. But your negativity is ludicrous and frankly ridiculous. We weren't a surprise package all last season and actually had a poor run over Christmas. We made a couple of signings and were even better after that. If you can't see it, then you must just be a negative person.

Reminds me of a song:

... What is the point, I'll never win, you're up at my throat before I begin...

Good news, bad news.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here