Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are we getting close to bed wetting time?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Be good if we actually knew what the squad is going to be this season. We can hope that Kayal and Stephens stay and we can hope we have a CB and another quality forward lined up. If so we will have a storming season. At what stage is it reasonable to feel concerned that none of the above have been tied up?

Re the last bit...all I'd say is not yet....we have Dunk sewn up on a long contract it's not stopped the rumours has it? The positive is we have decent players that are wanted ..but right now they belong to BHA

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Re the last bit...all I'd say is not yet....we have Dunk sewn up on a long contract it's not stopped the rumours has it? The positive is we have decent players that are wanted ..but right now they belong to BHA

Keep posting-this voice of reason is slowly filling up my half empty glass again.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I said pretty much the same, just after the agonising playoff capitulation. Naturally I was utterly shot to shit by the nsc thought police.

"Bollocks Kosh etc." They laughed, well... Who's laughing now?!?

14th-11th at best unless something "tangibly positive" actually happens with the actual first team and f a s t.

What a load of rubbish. After the play off capitulation as you put it (by which I assume you mean when we lost to Derby with half our team out), we lost most of our best players, a manager (who was replaced very late on by a poor manager) and we had Burke in charge of signings (and he was terrible).

This season we reacted by Hughton signing on a four year deal. We've, so far, kept all our key players and we've got a much better recruitment team than before if we do lose a couple of players.

To predict we will finish 11th-14th with a squad who won 13 out of the last 20 league games last season is frankly laughable. Especially as you seem to be laughing at how we struggled a couple of seasons ago and find it funny (great fan).

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
We've got a better squad that the one that finished last year. We've lost no one we didn't want to and have signed the one position which cost us getting promotion. Not sure why all the bed wetting. Obviously we'd prefer another couple of players, but, even if we played the season with the squad we had now we would get more points than last year.

Good post - agree completely. We could also do with one or two less injuries this year (hopefully none).

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
We've got a better squad that the one that finished last year. We've lost no one we didn't want to and have signed the one position which cost us getting promotion. Not sure why all the bed wetting. Obviously we'd prefer another couple of players, but, even if we played the season with the squad we had now we would get more points than last year.

Yep, TBH I'd be happy if we just didn't lose anybody

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Surely on that basis we need 20 players if all our players decide to leave.

if Premier League clubs were after all of them we would lose quite a few IMO.

Not thinking that there may be more to this than meets the eye when Kayal and Stephens have not signed the contracts that, we have to assume, they have been offered is either naive or very trusting of the club's handling and the assumption that neither will try and force a move. I have no idea but it does concern me :shrug:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
WTF? So far we've basically kept a squad together that finished on 90 points last season? And added a proven goal scorer at this level... Yes we need a few additions but if we had to go into the first game tomorrow I'd be more than happy with our current squad.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
if Premier League clubs were after all of them we would lose quite a few IMO.

It depends on how negative you are. Realistically all players have a price but I think the view of some on here (and judging by your posts, you may be a not very extreme version of this), the expectation is we will sell our players when any offer comes in while any other team will play hard ball. We're not a club who sells at the first offer now. Even two years ago, when we lost so many players, we got high prices for them all (we just spent it badly).

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
WTF? So far we've basically kept a squad together that finished on 90 points last season? And added a proven goal scorer at this level... Yes we need a few additions but if we had to go into the first game tomorrow I'd be more than happy with our current squad.

There does seem to be a widespread feeling that we will keep at least one of Kayal and Stephens and probably both. I'd love you all to be right.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I must admit the Stephens and Kayal situation is worrying. Kayal was making noises (or his agent) about deserving a contract at the end of last season, we have offered one and nothing. Makes me think agent wants to hold out for a move on January. Another good 6 months proving his fitness and performances, means 6 months left on a contract which would mean a small transfer fee and a bigger signing on fee!

I still think we need another striking option in the mix too if we can get rid of Elvis which seems a long way off. We should be strengthening from a position of strength and I am not sure if Murray can be entirely trusted to be the difference

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
You are probably confusing your political nightmares with football. We will be fine on the latter

What with Work,Brexit,Albion and another Baby due this week it's all taking it's toll.....i'm all at sea.. :lolol:

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I wonder if Kayal/Stephens are waiting to see who their new team mates are before committing? If they believe we've added quality which could make the difference to being top two as opposed to playoffs then I believe they'll sign new contracts

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Ffs, greater men than you would have fallen over with all that. Keep safe :thumbsup:

Thank you,at the end of the day so long as the baby is alright that's all that i am worried about...you too.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Yep, what an atrocious match day squad!

.................... Stockdale ...................

Bruno .... Dunk .... Goldson .... Bong

............. Kayal ..... Stephens ...........

March ............................. Knockaert

........... Hemed .... Murray ...............

Bench: Maenpaa, Hunemeir, Rosenoir, Sidwell, Skalak, Baldock, Lua Lua

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
We have Liam Rosienier who can add support to the back and also the German to come back and lad from Motherwell did OK on Saturday so Not to worried out CB yet. If we keep what have and go into the game at Derby with what we have I will actually be happy. Strongest squad in years.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I don't understand why some are worried, we are as good maybe even better than at the end of last season. Bong back and fit and those that joined in January have had a pre season.
I also think that some players need a season to settle in to the club.
I have no idea how far away Solly is but i am hoping not far away.
I think Kayal and Stephens will stay, but if one or both do leave, for once i have faith that the club will bring in more than suitable replacements.
Dunk and Goldson will be immense for us this year and i am happy with our strikers, Tomer will improve this year and ability to score from other positions even defenders.
Bloom has already said that the development squad will play a big part this season and we have some very good players in that squad.
If we lose nobody i am not denying that 2 or 3 quality additions would be welcome.
Trust me, i have spent many pre seasons worried that we are not good enough, unable to sign quality due to crap recruitment and flogging our best players, but just for a nice change i am confident that without dreadful luck on the injury front we will yet again be right up there challenging all season.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Correct.

Assuming we stay injury free there is plenty of choice for the first few matches.

I think another Centre Back is coming anyway, but we might have to wait for the forward. That's not unusual.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here